Gas Guzzler Tax Changed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Gas Guzzler Tax Changed in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Well, my first CTS-Vs have been built and assigned VINs, so naturally I had to go poking around and check ...
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Gas Guzzler Tax Changed

Well, my first CTS-Vs have been built and assigned VINs, so naturally I had to go poking around and check out the Invoice and Window Stickers on-line. During these travels, I was shocked to see that the Gas Guzzler tax listed on the Window Sticker is $2,600, not the $1,300 that we were told in our training and listed on GMPricing.

I dug a little further, and it appears that the GMPricing site has been updated to reflect a $1,600 tax for the Manual, and now shows a $2,600 tax for the Auto.

I apologize to everyone here for posting up that the $1,300 was for the auto, but until either yesterday or today, that's what our Pricing Schedule was showing. It appears that they were a little quick to release the $1,300 figure to us, as it has now been changed. Here's a link to one of my incoming units so you can see for yourself: CLICK

Just wanted to let everyone know to avoid any "sticker shock".
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Re: Gas Guzzler Tax Changed

Ahh that makes more sense Wasn't the STS-V 2,200 GGT on the sticker ?

MSOsr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V coupe and Raven Black 2007 SRX

Oddly, the Cars.com website showed that the $1300 gas guzzler tax went away if you switched from the manual to the automatic. Tony, you are showing the gas guzzler tax is higher on the auto?

Mike

caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

No problem, Tony, you were giving the latest and best info you had, as usual. When I heard $1300, I was skeptical. Owning several cars over 500HP, I was wondering how Caddy pulled that rabbit out of the hat.

Not to go on yet another rant but this once again shows the audacity of our imperial Congess. Here they are this week getting their usual face time berating GM and Ford Execs (while Rome burns) never once owning up to all they have done to drive jobs overseas, their ridiculous zeal in helping unions (for votes) and dumb stuff like the gas guzz tax. Heck, I can remember when the interest you paid on car loans was deductiable--they took that away. (unless on your equity line and I suspect after January that will be gone.)

Things are so bad the largest Vette dealer in the US is taking a page from the gun dealers, saying on their websites basically "get your V8s while you can because we firmly believe Congress will get rid of them" (as part of helping the car companies)

Welcome to France. Enjoy your Smart Car.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by MSOsr View Post
    Oddly, the Cars.com website showed that the $1300 gas guzzler tax went away if you switched from the manual to the automatic. Tony, you are showing the gas guzzler tax is higher on the auto?

Mike
    Correct. The link I posted above is to an actual window sticker of a CTS-V I have incoming, which shows the higher Guzzler Tax for the auto. As CIWS said, it makes since considering that the auto gets slightly lower fuel economy than the stick. I was just surprised they made such a large mistake in the sales training materials and web site.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by caddiedrummer View Post
    Welcome to France. Enjoy your Smart Car.
    No doubt there is no substitute for the sound of big V8 / V10 American motor, but we could build an electric car that could quietly stomp it's ass. We need to quit doinking around and design for the future of 10-15 years from now.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Smart cars, in the US, are dumb...

MSOsr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V coupe and Raven Black 2007 SRX

My neighbor has one and I swear you could push it over on its side with your hands (at least it looks like you could).

Mike

asabase is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

They aren't even that much more efficient than a more realistically sized car like a Mini.

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Personally, I see a use for everything. Once upon a time I was on the list for a re-lease of an EV1, back when GM was trying to get them all off the road - not because I'm an eco-nut (in fact, far from it.) But it was an interesting piece of hardware capable of serving a need, and it was fun. The Aptera is an interesting project, built more like a Lancair than a Lincoln, we'll see how it pans out.

I'm not fond of the Prius largely because it's just not a very pleasant (and certainly not exactly fun) car to drive. The powertrain works fine, it's the rest of the car that's bothersome, and that's true of most recent Toyotas.

AC Propulsion has been hanging around the high-end end of the EV market for a long time, selling small numbers of their AC150 motor and related bits at very high prices, doing $50K (plus car) conversions of Scion xBs and prototypes for automakers; now they've got a deal with BMW to provide parts for 500 electric Minis. The Scion's probably more useful, but the Mini's got manufacturer backing; they're going to be expensive but a lot more useful than, say, a Tesla roadster. Tesla's largely frittered away their first-mover advantage (when you take Elon Musk's money, you get Elon Musk's certainty he knows everyone's job better than the experienced people doing them...) and they'll dry up and blow away eventually.

Funny, I was predicting a year and a half ago that gas was going to be back under $2.50/gallon within eighteen months, and I was right. I just didn't predict the collapse of everything else that went along with it. I don't think we're going to see oil back over $100/bbl anytime soon, though $70-80 might be sustainable. I see $80/bbl as being the point at which alternatives (including gasoline/alcohol/diesel-compatible liquid hydrocarbons made from non-petroleum sources) are economically viable if the government just stays out of the way.

The problem is that now we have a whole lot of folks determined to repeat the Carter administration.

Frankly, I'd love to just clean out the driveway then find some GM dealership owner who's got all the lines somewhere and hand him a check for $200-or-so-K and say "I want a Cobalt SS sedan in a boring light color with the limited-slip, a diesel GMC 2500HD short-bed four-door in any light color, a blue Z06, a CTS-V with the slushbox, oh, and give me a manual G6 GXP too."

With a somewhat-deflated portfolio and too many other uses (like three project cars...) for money right now, that's not going to happen, but nearly as I see - as someone whose only new domestic-car purchase in a twenty-seven-year car-buying career was in March of 1991 - GM's products are that good these days, and I've got reasonably high expectations for the Volt too.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by asabase View Post
    They aren't even that much more efficient than a more realistically sized car like a Mini.
    They aren't at all. Smarts don't run on regular and don't get great gas mileage. They're incredibly small but you can't fit 2 in 1 parking space. Maybe in certain cities they may have specified parking for Smarts but not anywhere around here. And like lane splitting, there is no real advantage of being so small on American roads.

In older European cities with very narrow streets and without the need of interstate travel, I can see where a Smart car works. But not in the US.

And when I see them on the wide open plains of the central US, cruising down the Interstates, I cringe. There is someone who has the disposable income to try to impress a group of people who bend every stat to decry automobiles...

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

^ smart cars are a joke, my '93 turbo mr2 gets just as good gas mileage, can run laps around the smart car, AND has more trunk space....oh and t-tops for summer =)

Surfer-Dude is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Are my eyes bad or did I just see the 09' CTS-V is listed as 10/16 for mileage? Wtf? Thats worse then a lot of exotics. Is it really that bad or was that a misprint? Cost of filling up doesn't bother me, but its the constant filling up that would, friend got rid of his e60 M5 as filling every two days finally drove him nutz, wasn't even fun on a trip constantly having to get gas.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

10/16 ?? woah, i get like 10/14 on my jeep srt8...

asabase is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

ZR-1 gets 14/20 so I imagine it should be pretty close to that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.