Nav Traffic Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Nav Traffic Question in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Can anyone clear up a question? I have had dealers tell me the exact opposite info. Who is right? Is ...
    cjwolverine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Nav Traffic Question

Can anyone clear up a question? I have had dealers tell me the exact opposite info. Who is right?

Is the traffic function on the 09' CTS or CTS-V a subscription service from XM. Or is it included in the NAV.

I asked a salesperson who 'seemed' to know quite a bit about the system and all of the other functions. She told me it is absolutely not a subscription service and if I got the NAV, the real time traffic will always be there whether or not I subscribe to XM. This is very different info from another dealer and the brochure of the CTS seems to suggest an additional XM and XM traffic fee would apply.

It is also difficult to tell where this service works and doesnt' work. I would assume most major metropolitan areas would be covered, but how far does it stretch to the less populated suburbs?

Thanks
    cj

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Nav Traffic Question

It's through XM. They don't give freebies. It's a subscription on top of the XM programming...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    It's through XM. They don't give freebies. It's a subscription on top of the XM programming...

That's what I thought, but these sales woman was absolutely positive so I had to ask.

Thanks

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Right. XM NavTraffic (should be Sirius XM NavTraffic) is an additional charge. But their new channel lineup has traffic channels for most, if not all major U.S. Metropolitan areas. I know, the NavTraffic function is great to have (that's why I ordered it).

Quote Originally Posted by bruff1977 View Post
    Right. XM NavTraffic (should be Sirius XM NavTraffic) is an additional charge. But their new channel lineup has traffic channels for most, if not all major U.S. Metropolitan areas. I know, the NavTraffic function is great to have (that's why I ordered it).
    It sounds awefully cool and sounds much faster than the traffic channels over the sat radio (from what I understand). The dealer told me while they were in training on the CTS an accident happend across the street from the dealership. They immediately saw traffic backing up on the screen and the warning on the screen popped up within a minute. Wow! how do they gather that type of info? I'm a gadget guy, so I will have a hard time turning it down.

I just don't know if it is worth it to me. My commute is about 10 miles and I have several ways to work. I can usually look down the road, see the back up and choose a different route.

thanks
    cj

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

I believe if you order the Navigaton option, your "stuck" with the NavTraffic... You never know. You may need on-the-fly fastest directions to certain V2 events in the near future!!

StormCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by bruff1977 View Post
    I believe if you order the Navigaton option, your "stuck" with the NavTraffic... You never know. You may need on-the-fly fastest directions to certain V2 events in the near future!!
    If you get the Nav Radio, you'll get a 90 day free trial of XM AND XM NavTraffic (with weather). After that you can let it 'go away', renew just (sirius/XM) Radio, just NavTraffic or both. You're not stuck with anything, you just GET the option to have it if you want it and you can let it expire and buy service later if you want it.

asabase is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Does the non-nav radio still have the big display, just missing the navigation software or do you lose the display also? I can't find any pictures of a non-nav CTS.

StormCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by asabase View Post
    Does the non-nav radio still have the big display, just missing the navigation software or do you lose the display also? I can't find any pictures of a non-nav CTS.
    Only the Nav radio has the pop-up display with soft buttons. The other radios have the 'flush with the dash' display and hard buttons. I really love my nav radio.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.