V2 Horsepower before supercharging
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, V2 Horsepower before supercharging in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; This may sound like a silly question (and actually irrelevant), but does anyone know (or have an estimate) of what ...
    darjae is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Crystal Red

V2 Horsepower before supercharging

This may sound like a silly question (and actually irrelevant), but does anyone know (or have an estimate) of what the LSA would put out if the supercharger wasn't there. I know the engine started as an LS3, but what other mods were made? Is it a as simple as 430 from the LS3, plus the supercharger? Can't wait for mine (TPW: 11/24/08).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

robthide is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: V2 Horsepower before supercharging

Quote Originally Posted by darjae View Post
    This may sound like a silly question (and actually irrelevant), but does anyone know (or have an estimate) of what the LSA would put out if the supercharger wasn't there. I know the engine started as an LS3, but what other mods were made? Is it a as simple as 430 from the LS3, plus the supercharger? Can't wait for mine (TPW: 11/24/08).

Most likely it would have less power as to the fact that it uses lower compression pistons.

verbs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by robthide View Post
    Most likely it would have less power as to the fact that it uses lower compression pistons.
    Agreed. It's probably around 405hp give or take a few hp due to the roughly 2 point compression drop. No other mods have been made that I'm aware of.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

401.7 bhp

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    401.7 bhp
    401.742045 to be exact. BigJim always rounds.

Hogg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 1998 STS

LS3 10.7:1
    LSA 9.1:1

peace
    Hog

darjae is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Crystal Red
    So, utilizing a calculator I found on the web (I can't post it yet, 2nd post),

The horsepower before supercharging (due to Compression Ratio change) would be 412.

....Still 12 higher than my '05 GTO when it was stock.

Again, not really relevant, just wondering. Still "patiently" waiting for mine. TPW: 11/24/08 so I'm hoping for a mid December delivery.

I'm going to the Houston Autorama on the day after Thanksgiving hoping to see one to sate me for at least a little while.... (even though I know it will drive me crazy).

darjae

if you want to know the site, send me a message and I'll forward it to you.....can't post it to the forum yet

Silverspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by darjae View Post
    So, utilizing a calculator I found on the web (I can't post it yet, 2nd post),

The horsepower before supercharging (due to Compression Ratio change) would be 412.

....Still 12 higher than my '05 GTO when it was stock.
    This is assuming that it uses the exact same heads, cam, intake.....etc, which I seriously doubt. Truth is no one knows what the power of the LSA is non supercharged, because one has never been built.

Hogg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 1998 STS

Lets just say that GM isnt really into making a bunch of different parts that arent needed. The similarities are striking. There is some small differences in camshafts.

LSA t-body points forward to the drivers side at about 35º
    LS3 points straight forward
    LS9 is mounted offset towards the drivers side, and is slightly angled towards the passenger side and upwards.

Intake manifolds are different due to the following differences.
    LSA single element intercooler
    LS3 no intercooler
    LS9 dual element intercooler

GM has built a naturally aspirated LSA, they just havent released it to the public, YET. It will be seen in the upcomming Camaro, RPO L99.

peace
    Hog

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.