09 CTS-V Test Drive - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 09 CTS-V Test Drive in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Why are 200 built cars sitting in storage? At this stage, its hard to make an engineering change to the ...
    ExtraV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 09 CTS-V Test Drive

Why are 200 built cars sitting in storage? At this stage, its hard to make an engineering change to the car. If I was a large stock holder at GM, I would have heads rolling knowing that 200 sold cars are just sitting around why the company is desperate for cash.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Usually executives will drive the first 200 or so cars for several months then these cars will be released to dealers after about 6 months.
    Frist gen CTS was released to the public January 2, 2002 as a 2003 model. Summer of 2002 i saw and executive car at my dealer(remember the orange color?) with a November 2001 build date.

racemarine is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Talking Re: 09 CTS-V Test Drive

I was one of the fortunate few invited to the Monticello Motor Club last weekend. This is a far better car in handling, power and creature comforts than my neighbor’s 2008 V10 M5 and with $35K left over. I was hooked. I dropped into my local, friendly Caddy dealer Monday morning and bought the first car coming to his store. Paying MSRP for manual transmission with Recaros, Nav and roof.

RS3racer is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I also attended the Monticello event. All the cars handle very well in the rain. I drove the manual V and found the shifter to be positioned too far to the rear however, I wouldn't hesitate buying an automatic. My local dealer has no information on pricing and availability.

jvp
    jvp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by RS3racer View Post
    My local dealer has no information on pricing and availability.
    For what it's worth: Edmund's has all of the MSRP information for the V up on their site. The only things not listed are the track brakes and diff cooler options.

jas

Uncle Meat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None. Looking to buy a new CTS-V.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Chill View Post
    It is not a very limited production vehicle like the ZR1.
    Just for S&G's I looked and there are currently 39 ZR1's sitting on dealer lots unsold as of today. You should see how many '08 & '09 ZO6's are sitting on lots right now!

If the economy keeps on this downward spiral I foresee heavy discounts on the new V before too long just like the deals currently offered on the 'Vette's...

U.M.

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Meat View Post
    Just for S&G's I looked and there are currently 39 ZR1's sitting on dealer lots unsold as of today. You should see how many '08 & '09 ZO6's are sitting on lots right now!

If the economy keeps on this downward spiral I foresee heavy discounts on the new V before too long just like the deals currently offered on the 'Vette's...

U.M.
    It appears the ZR1's are going to sit there a while. every one I have seen is being offered at 30k & up OVER sticker.

Problem is I don't know if I would come off (invoioce Z06) 71k for a ZR1. I know 71k would be a freekin good deal for a ZR1 but right now I would probably pass on buying it.

That right there is the problem car companies are having trouble..

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Post Re: 09 CTS-V Test Drive

The economy doesn't need to spiral down any further for customers to find deals on a CTS-V. I wouldn't correlate the number of ZR1s on the lot with how sales of the new V will go too much. Also, according to the guys on the corvetteforum, most of those listed on that site are sold (no way of knowing if that's true).

The new V has strong selling points, now that it's the top dog in the high performance sedan segment. It's also priced much lower than the competition and looks, better but the overall economy will keep sales lower than they would have been last year.

If the dealers don't order any due to a fear of a lack of sales, then the price won't drop too much. I don't think that'll really happen because the CTS-V is Cadillac's flagship. It offers an auto and a ton of refinment, so I could see people buying this car because they see it as a high end V8 powered Cadillac - not just a high perfomance V.

I think it's funny that Cadillac has any cars priced above it, since it's head and shoulders above any other car they make (a short wheelbase Escalade Platinum with LED headlights is a sweet ride as well - wish they'd offer the hybrid powertrain in it....)

I wasn't trying to correlate ZR1 sales with the CTS-V. I was just posting the numbers because before the ZR1 was actually released the word was the first half of the scheduled production run was already spoken for regardless of mark-ups... now look at all of them just sitting out there unsold. I'll bet they will be down to MSRP before the end of the 1st qtr '09.

Either way I'm still going to sit back and take a wait & see attitude on purchasing my V. I don't have to be the 1st , 2nd, or even the 3rd person on my block to own one. They will be discounted just like everything else currently sitting on GM lots, it's just a matter of time which is definitely on my side.

U.M.

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Meat View Post
    I wasn't trying to correlate ZR1 sales with the CTS-V. I was just posting the numbers because before the ZR1 was actually released the word was the first half of the scheduled production run was already spoken for regardless of mark-ups... now look at all of them just sitting out there unsold. I'll bet they will be down to MSRP before the end of the 1st qtr '09.

Either way I'm still going to sit back and take a wait & see attitude on purchasing my V. I don't have to be the 1st , 2nd, or even the 3rd person on my block to own one. They will be discounted just like everything else currently sitting on GM lots, it's just a matter of time which is definitely on my side.

U.M.
    If you want a "discount" you're probably not going to need to wait more than 1 month, if that. Then again, you can get a discount on any car being prodcued by any car manufacturer (including Ferrari). You know the old 2 year waiting list for a car like the F430? Well, now you can get one almost, immediately...

Amazing how the market did a 180 so quickly!

U.M.

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I ordered my M5 without having driven one, in December of '99. Of course, we already had a '98 540i so it wasn't a completely new vehicle to me. We'd ordered it Euro Delivery so the first time I drove the car was in the driveway of the Munich delivery center.

I wouldn't order a new CTS-V without having at least driven a current CTS, which ought to be easy enough to do. Recaro hasn't yet built a seat that doesn't fit me reasonably well. If I do pop for a V, it's going to be a slushbox this time (I'm not a three-pedal purist) so I'm not quite so concerned about control efforts and pedal positions as I'd be with a manual-transmission car.

Right now, I'd like to see the markets get back a little ground first...

billc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante, 1999 Deville Concours

A car is not a toaster. I don't make toast everyday, and if the toaster is shot, it is cheap to replace. A car is a major purchase, which requires a lot of thought (and money) to make.

That being said, I would NEVER buy a car without taking a test drive. It won't let me know every nuance of the driving experience, but I can determine whether or not I could live with my choice.

It's a little off topic, but I got to test drive an '08 CTS when it was still fairly new. My Deville was in for service and I struck up a conversation with one of the salesmen, and initially denied taking a ride because there was no way I would be buying that day and didn't want to waste hisw time. The service took longer than expected and next thing you know I was in the driver's seat. I didn't buy, but was surprised I got a test drive. Maybe it was a slow day?

cjwolverine is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by billc83 View Post
    A car is not a toaster. I don't make toast everyday, and if the toaster is shot, it is cheap to replace. A car is a major purchase, which requires a lot of thought (and money) to make.

That being said, I would NEVER buy a car without taking a test drive. It won't let me know every nuance of the driving experience, but I can determine whether or not I could live with my choice.

It's a little off topic, but I got to test drive an '08 CTS when it was still fairly new. My Deville was in for service and I struck up a conversation with one of the salesmen, and initially denied taking a ride because there was no way I would be buying that day and didn't want to waste hisw time. The service took longer than expected and next thing you know I was in the driver's seat. I didn't buy, but was surprised I got a test drive. Maybe it was a slow day?

Thanks Bill- That was my experience when starting the thread, only I got the cold shoulder over the phone. The salesmen I spoke with were clearly not interested in giving me information or speaking with me about options and pricing. I was amazed at the lack of simple politeness. They both expected me to put a deposit down and order a car without seeing it or even knowing the price.

Then someone suggested, I'm not the type of buyer to buy a limited production car. I just wondered how many of you are that type of buyer. It appears there are several of each type of buyer in this forum which gives me comfort.

I know the economy is rough, especially here in Michigan, but everyone I know has a car if not two. The fact is they are buying cars, they are just not GM cars. I was amazed in this climate how I was treated when I basically called up and said, "I'd like to buy of V from you, can you give me some info?". I made the suggestion that this may be part of GM's problem and was blasted.

All that being said, I was invited to and Escalade Hybrid unveiling wine and cheese party tomorrow night and they are going to have a couple of Vs at the dealership. I will also wait for the hype to die down and either get GMS from a family member or wait for the discounts that are sure to come.

Kudos to you guys who buy the cars sight unseen and pay MSRP. I know what its like to want something and be unable to wait. But I for one enjoy my current car and have another I can drive until the price is right. In Michigan I'm only going to drive it 8 months anyway so I'm in no hurry.

Thanks for all the info.
    cj

Never mind.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.