Eh, I've changed my mind on the '09 V... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Eh, I've changed my mind on the '09 V... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ^^^^2006^^^^ ^^^^2009^^^^ Headlights slightly different, sharper IMO. New bumper design. New fogs. Top grille, slightly curved, looks better then the ...
    SvB4EvA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED

Re: Eh, I've changed my mind on the '09 V...

^^^^2006^^^^

^^^^2009^^^^

Headlights slightly different, sharper IMO.
    New bumper design.
    New fogs.
    Top grille, slightly curved, looks better then the pancake flat older models.
    Bottom grille comes to a point at the center. Sharper looking, IMO.
    Hood has a couple more curves on the outside edges.

Just a bunch of subtle changes that come together and make the car look so much better. If I had a 100k laying around I'd have one in my driveway for sure.

I truly had a blast driving it.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Thanks! The 2009 certainly has a more substantial front end. I thought it looked great! Still not worth $100G however, IMO...

Think about it. The XLR-V worth $30G more than the new CTS-V?

SvB4EvA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Think about it. The XLR-V worth $30G more than the new CTS-V?
    Yea, its a no brainer...

SRT8/BMW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The Monticello experience- a word: INCREDIBLE. I have been to the SRT track experience before and got to go 135 mph on the 90degree Banked Oval Chicagoland speedway. It was a riot. But I have to say-the folks at Cadillac made this event even better. Well organized, TONS of seat time, a high degree of freedom to drive up to your skill level, incredibly friendly, polite and informative. It was as good as it could be. Eric Berube, Andy Pilgrim and all those guys were just all over this thing with helpful info and questions answered. THANK YOU CADDY!

V Impressions: yes--the automatic IS that good. Its always in the right gear and shifts crisply and at the perfect time. Exhaust note is everyone's personal opinion and mine is that I wouldn't change a thing. A subtle wicked "rumble" at idle and low speed--but when you go WOT-HOLY Sh####T! It sounds like how a car with 556/551 should sound. And let me tell you-you haven't felt torque like this before-you won't ever need a facelift because it puts your skin around the back of your head. I wasi in the Sunday am session--clear and dry conditions. I got the car to 126-127 on the back straight-effortlessly. But what blew me away the most about this car was the suspension/handling and the brakes. With the PS2 tires and the MRCs--what you can do in cornering is almost hard to phathom. And the brakes..oh those brakes..magnificent. Bringing a car like that from 125 down to 30 to do a turn was so easy and impressive.

The other Home Run in this car is the interior appointments--the car is makes you feel like your in a luxury rocket. It wraps around you and is so pleasing to the eye--so easy to drive. I drove the exact model I have ordered- Black on Black with the Recaros. Wow..best seats I ever sat in and I have sat in a LOT!

The other two events--with the CTS and the XLR-V were an absolute riot--especially the xlr-v. I have owned that motor in my former sts-V--and feeling it in a substantially more nimble vehicle was a hoot--car was a mazing to toss around the corners and push to its limits. The cts is a sleeper--and they had all three versions (manual, Auto, and rwd) so you could experience pushing each to its limit--which I did.

My only regret was at the very end, after t hey gave me a really cool V pullover--they asked if I was interested in buying a Caddy--and I had to say no because I just did and am awaiting deleivery of my new V any day.

GREAT car--new King of the sedan road by far! And great job Caddy--I will make sure all my car buds and internet forum contacts know what you have accomplished. I can't wait to get the car and throw some vids up here for folks who may be on the fence..

Maybe it's partially because I need new shocks and my '04 is going into storage now for the winter, but I can NOT stop thinking about that short stint behind the wheel of the '09.

i always have loved the look of my V. I think the shape just works. But like any car, when the new version comes out, your previous version will gradually look older. The CTS has been out for over a year now and I like the basic shape. But I really have loved the new V since seeing it in person with Jon, The Tony Show, JimmyH and lawfive last January. And now getting to drive it, hot damn!

There is no doubt that I'm getting a '10...if I can wait. I'm still determined to keep my '04 forever, but I'm now keeping sights on the next generation. And out of the box, I think the new V is just so good that I'd even make it my regular track car. I'd have to see where my '04 is when the time comes to see which i'd track more often.

The best thing about the new v is that it is so complete. You sacrifice nothing. You get more power, and handling and braking increases to match the higher weight. And the interior is just so good looking, people will instantly look to Cadillac as a world leader again...

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too).

Just got back to the Keys from my trip to Monticello. As everyone already said, the car is insane. Its worth every penney of what they are asking. I drove the CTS-V first on the Sunday afternoon session. Sun came out, track was dry. Great track. My favorite turn was the decreasing radius right hander where there was slight negative camber. It held the line incredibly. I caught the guy in front of me on the first lap. Then on the second lap when they waved me on my instuctor had me wait extra. I still caught the guy in front of me. Didn't look at the guages once while driving. Even though its tight with a helmet(sunroof car), I am buying this car.
    I thought the XLR-V was a pig. Bigtime delay on the gas pedal. They told us not to use sport mode. I got repremanded for running too close by the instuctor I saw workin' the pole the night before at Dutch's Bar. The guy in front of me just put his rearview down so he didn't have to see it. Then I got back in line and ran the XLR-V again. I put it in sport mode and it would shift a little nicer but the handling isn't as tight. I put to wheels off and around the righthander after the clubhouse but never lifted((repremanded again). It did handle that better than I expected. The guys in front of me broke it all the way loose. We were the last two cars besides the tail runner so we were holdin way back and then runnin' up on the pack again.
    Regular CTS was next. I wasn't interested so I bailed back to the clubhouse, filled out my questionaire, got my pullover and split.
    Monticello is world class. Wish we could have driven the whole track.
    BIG THANKS to Cadillac for putting on a really great show! If they keep treating us like this we will have BMW beat in every category. That was a strong event!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.