Eh, I've changed my mind on the '09 V... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Eh, I've changed my mind on the '09 V... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I think i was actually in bigjims "class" lol. I definitely had a good time and as usual Cadillac does ...
    FullMonte is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Eh, I've changed my mind on the '09 V...

I think i was actually in bigjims "class" lol. I definitely had a good time and as usual Cadillac does not dissapoint when they put on an event. I drove the stick CTS-V and i could go on and on and harp about how amazing it is but i'll try to boil it down to some very concise points.

First off the moment you guys go on a test drive and bury your foot into the carpet in any gear, you will buy this car. It is more forceful than taking off in a jumbo jet and will shock you. coming onto the back straight of the V course, i rolled onto the throttle ( a little late ) and braked ( a little early) and I still saw over 100mph the car is brutal fast.

Secondly, you have the brakes. which make slowing from 110mph in 40 feet feel like rolling to a red light in a normal car.

Third. and not to start a stick vs. auto debate. Imho pick whatever one you want they are both excellent, the stick is a VAST improvement over the feel of the V1's stock shift. Good bye rubber band feeling.

Fourth. Get the damn recaro option, the wheel, and the seats are a must.

anybody who went know when we can download our little surprise?

offsight204 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    The toughest part is you have to be GMS eligible (directly related to a GM employee or retiree). Then find a dealer willing to honor GMS, with the economy the way it is, many are. The $2,000 rebate is through 1/5/09 I believe. The rest is pretty straight forward.

I believe the rebate you have to take delivery before 1/5/09 but the only problem with this is the damn recaro seats. I want the recaro seat option but i dont think is possible yet. Man o Man this just gets better and worse at the same time.....

offsight204 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by FullMonte View Post
    I think i was actually in bigjims "class" lol. I definitely had a good time and as usual Cadillac does not dissapoint when they put on an event. I drove the stick CTS-V and i could go on and on and harp about how amazing it is but i'll try to boil it down to some very concise points.

First off the moment you guys go on a test drive and bury your foot into the carpet in any gear, you will buy this car. It is more forceful than taking off in a jumbo jet and will shock you. coming onto the back straight of the V course, i rolled onto the throttle ( a little late ) and braked ( a little early) and I still saw over 100mph the car is brutal fast.

Secondly, you have the brakes. which make slowing from 110mph in 40 feet feel like rolling to a red light in a normal car.

Third. and not to start a stick vs. auto debate. Imho pick whatever one you want they are both excellent, the stick is a VAST improvement over the feel of the V1's stock shift. Good bye rubber band feeling.

Suprise.... Please do tell

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by FullMonte View Post

I'd like to know when we can download those files, as well...

The thrust is sooo nice. I can't tell you how many times I was bumping off the rev limiter. Even with the sweeping LEDs on the tach. Towards the end of the second lap, I was really ripping off some nice redline shifts. I wish I looked at the speedometer on my second lap. The instructor was telling me when to brake down the backstretch and we were WELL into 4th in the auto. I'd guess around 120?

How were the pedals placed in the manual V? I just think the auto V, with the rev-match downshifts, is going to be lethal on a road course.

Oh, and the black ones just looked sooooo sharp...

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Lightbulb Re: Eh, I've changed my mind on the '09 V...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    The thrust is sooo nice. I can't tell you how many times I was bumping off the rev limiter. Even with the sweeping LEDs on the tach. Towards the end of the second lap, I was really ripping off some nice redline shifts. I wish I looked at the speedometer on my second lap. The instructor was telling me when to brake down the backstretch and we were WELL into 4th in the auto. I'd guess around 120?

How were the pedals placed in the manual V? I just think the auto V, with the rev-match downshifts, is going to be lethal on a road course.

Oh, and the black ones just looked sooooo sharp...
    Jim, you had to be @ 120. I peeked once on my 2nd lap and saw 110... and I was trying to be more deliberate and smoother - unlike my first lap, which was just flat ugly. Those instructors must have nerves of steel when riding with bozos like me.

The pedal placement must have been fine, cuz I never thought about it until you asked.

My same old personal complaint though: With the sunroof, I can't get enough headroom with a helmet on, what with my long upper torso, even with the seat all the way down, just like my '04.
    Wearing a helmet while riding in the backseat... that was torture.

StormCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Just got back from the morning session and Cadillac did a really nice job putting it together. The V ROCKED, but we had wet conditiions and couldn't totally ring it out - I only made it to about 98... should have stomped it out of the curve into the straight, but was more restrained (dammit!).

Car was really tight, felt great! The CTS course gave us more laps and the XLR course was a blast too!

I WANT a Recarro driver's seat in my CTS now for sure.

Yeah, my V did not have Recaros. The seat was about the same as my '04, which does suffer a bit in the support department on hard cornering. But the velvety wheel felt great! We had a wet track yesterday, too, but it still had a ton of grip!

My instructor was great with n00bies yesterday and said he had the most fun all day, to that point, in my drive.

Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

I'm so jealous. After selling the V and buying the Cayenne Turbo I told myself I would keep it for two years. How the hell do you expect me to keep this 5000lb hunk of understeering dead weight for two years with exciting reviews like this? Damn you all!

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Jim and Dave, sounds like a great time, and that was an excellent review, Jim ... thanks!

I sat in those Recaros back in May at V One Day, and they were indeed an order of magnitude better than the current V1 seats. Nice butt grip. And the whole enveloping aspect of the driver's seating was so-o-o nice! I envy you guys for the experience of actually putting the car through some paces.

There was a time I thought I might be able to get one of these beasts, but I'm not pushing the wife on it at all. You guys sure get someone like me thinking, though, not to mention that auto vs manual decision that would have to be made. Thanks, again, guys!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Somefun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Man I know I have to have one of these baby's but manual or auto is killing me!!! Can the auto be that good???

SvB4EvA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED

Quote Originally Posted by Somefun View Post
    Man I know I have to have one of these baby's but manual or auto is killing me!!! Can the auto be that good???
    I just wrote a 10 minute review about the new V that I drove a few hours ago... But when I went to post it, it didnt, and I lost the 10 minutes of text I just typed...

But I will say this, yes the automatic is that good. And I hit 125 on the 3/4 mile back straight. Sadly I was informed that I was not the fastest on the straight, the fastest was 130 on saturday and it was a girl

What a great event by Cadillac.

PS- I have 2 years worth of Cadillac chapstick and mints.

EDIT: Oh and the pullover is awesome too!

EDIT 2: I just have to add this (before I pass out, im sooooo tired). The most fun of the day I had was the last track we did with the XLR-V. The car is great fun to drive, but I think it had a lot to do with the track it self, something about it and the lay out, I fell in love with it. I brought my Dad as my guest (also his birthday today, what a great gift eh???!!!), I told him during the orientation before driving the XLR-V "hey Dad, lets get in the car right behind the lead pace car with the instructor in it. Ill stay on his ass and see if he budges." Well, IT WORKED! Stayed right on his ass and by the 3rd lap we were FLYING! Hit 86MPH on the semi-straight! We also had a great group that kept up so we didnt have to slow down. Then when we got back to the pits after 5 laps the instructor from the lead car came out and shook my hand, as well as one of the spotters watching the track. "Great driving, EXCELLENT driving!" the Monticello spotter told me and "Man, I saw you on my tail right out of the gate and by the 3rd lap I was actually trying to pull away from you! That was really good driving." the lead car instructor told me. Made my day even that much better...

Quote Originally Posted by Somefun View Post
    On the track, yes!

I felt like I picked up on the car's abilities right away. It felt very comfortable! One thing I forgot to try, however, was some left foot braking. The pedals were very nice, too, They were aluminum with rubber bar inserts...

Quote Originally Posted by SvB4EvA View Post
    I just wrote a 10 minute review about the new V that I drove a few hours ago... But when I went to post it, it didnt, and I lost the 10 minutes of text I just typed...

But I will say this, yes the automatic is that good. And I hit 125 on the 3/4 mile back straight. Sadly I was informed that I was not the fastest on the straight, the fastest was 130 on saturday and it was a girl

What a great event by Cadillac.

PS- I have 2 years worth of Cadillac chapstick and mints.

EDIT: Oh and the pullover is awesome too!
    The pullover is very nice and a great conversation starter. BTW, what did you think of the XLR-V? Besides the CTS-V, I wish I could've driven those a little more.

Also, the new XLR-V looked great, except for the chrome fender vents. But the front end looked more aggressive and more substantial than I remember. Does anyone knnow what's been changed?

SvB4EvA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    The pullover is very nice and a great conversation starter. BTW, what did you think of the XLR-V? Besides the CTS-V, I wish I could've driven those a little more.

Also, the new XLR-V looked great, except for the chrome fender vents. But the front end looked more aggressive and more substantial than I remember. Does anyone knnow what's been changed?
    Look back up Jim at my post, I edited it again. Yes the new XLR-V looks great, and I agree about the chrome fender vents Its almost like a black eye on a supermodel.

Also, the CTS-V was great, but even tho its a luxury car, it was just too quite... Quite is good sometimes but, the power comming out of that car, just seemed weird how quite it was. I was expecting a real roar out of her, but even the supercharger was SUPER quite. The XLR-V tho sounded excellent. One thing that was a little weird was when I really got on the gas, sometimes it would make a squeaky sound, almost like a horn. I actually thought someone was beeping at me the first time I heard it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.