Follow up on build
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Follow up on build in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; My thread about my car not being built was closed for some reason--either my rant which I apologize for or ...
    caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Follow up on build

My thread about my car not being built was closed for some reason--either my rant which I apologize for or the arrows that came back my way which were legitimate.

I did want to answer one question. Someone asked if the dealer was the problem. I don't think so. He sent me a confirmation with paperwork showing the car in 3800 status--produced. Now if that means something other than built someone tell me.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. It was a combination of frustration over the car and the market falling out during the wait. My fears over Tuesday don't help either. I take no umbrage at the shots --understandable.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ketzer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): aintgotnarn

Re: Follow up on build

This is not directed at you CD, I understand your excitement to get your new ride, but since you brought it up during your meltdown...

I don't understand all the frustration.
    Everyone KNOWS the car will be around $65k. This type of car and this amount of money is not for someone struggling to pay their rent. If you're sweating a few grand one way or the other, look into getting a Yaris. You can't pay until your car arrives anyway so it doesn't matter if you know the exact price down to the nickel.

Takes me to the next point, car arriving. It's a complete re-do. New car. No manufacturer hits their deadline on a new build. NONE OF THEM. If you can't juggle your lease or balance your savings or rent a car or whatever for an extra couple of weeks while they work out the kinks, you should move on and buy something else ...quit sucking the joy out of it for the rest of us with the constant bashing and bizitchin about how awful GM is.

"HEY! Where the heck you goin' wit' my soapbox?!?" "I wasn't through pontificating yet!"

Jeff-

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
    This is not directed at you CD, I understand your excitement to get your new ride, but since you brought it up during your meltdown...

I don't understand all the frustration.
    Everyone KNOWS the car will be around $65k. This type of car and this amount of money is not for someone struggling to pay their rent. If you're sweating a few grand one way or the other, look into getting a Yaris. You can't pay until your car arrives anyway so it doesn't matter if you know the exact price down to the nickel.

Takes me to the next point, car arriving. It's a complete re-do. New car. No manufacturer hits their deadline on a new build. NONE OF THEM. If you can't juggle your lease or balance your savings or rent a car or whatever for an extra couple of weeks while they work out the kinks, you should move on and buy something else ...quit sucking the joy out of it for the rest of us with the constant bashing and bizitchin about how awful GM is.

"HEY! Where the heck you goin' wit' my soapbox?!?" "I wasn't through pontificating yet!"

Jeff-
    Jeff: Thanks for the advice. Losses in the market are all relative. If I buy I will pay cash . With a garage that includes 2 Vipers and an M5, ( as well as 5 other cars) I am not in extremis --not boasting but you brought it up --however, no matter how much money you have, market losses make folks including me become cautious. (not to mention possibly going from 36% to 56% in taxes after Tuesday)

As to re-dos I had the first C6 Vette in my state as well as one of the first Gen 2 Vipers on the east coast. I am more than familiar with first gen cars and hold ups. This one (the V) has been a bit of a mess. But,with all GM's issues etc it is not completely surprising. You should be completely "joyful" about this car and I hope my post does not take away from that.

Ketzer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): aintgotnarn

Fair enough CD. Like I mentioned, not directed specifically at you. It just seems every other post is someone mad at GM about this car.

I completely understand the financial side. Even at my modest income level, I have reason to fear what will happen when "we" elect a democrat in just a few days. This is a big reason why we have talked about putting our V purchase off until spring.

We went through a five month run around when the original Audi TT first came out being stalled by the dealer/factory on production. My wife (who has a very low patience level) said enough and we went and bought a new version of Corvette they were coming out with called a Z06. The GM way of tracking production was/is a lot easier to follow even if it does have a kink or two.

Jeff-

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by caddiedrummer View Post
    My thread about my car not being built was closed for some reason--either my rant which I apologize for or the arrows that came back my way which were legitimate.

I did want to answer one question. Someone asked if the dealer was the problem. I don't think so. He sent me a confirmation with paperwork showing the car in 3800 status--produced. Now if that means something other than built someone tell me.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. It was a combination of frustration over the car and the market falling out during the wait. My fears over Tuesday don't help either. I take no umbrage at the shots --understandable.
    Excellent follow-up thread. I can understand the frustration, especially if you're being told both and are aching for the V. Did you order it with Recaros? Maybe it was built but without Recaros and they're waiting for the new supply?

Everyone go out and buy a Caddy (from Tony, who had nothing to do with my mix up)) Unlike Biden I don't think paying more taxes is patriotic. It is patriotic to buy cars and suPport factory workers, dealers and the Tonys of the world. Gas in my area is 1.99--buy and Excalade!!!!

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Quote Originally Posted by caddiedrummer View Post
    Everyone go out and buy a Caddy (from Tony) !
    Couldnt have said it better myself!

F

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.