Option updates (including gas guzzler tax)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Option updates (including gas guzzler tax) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; According to my latest information, both the Track brake package (with red calipers and two-piece front rotors) as well as ...
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Option updates (including gas guzzler tax)

According to my latest information, both the Track brake package (with red calipers and two-piece front rotors) as well as the double black stained Sapele wood trim will be available in December.

As far as the Guzzler tax, there's been quite a bit of speculation. The final verdict is Level 3 ($1,700). For comparison, the M5 is a level 7 ($3,700). For anyone curious how the EPA decides this, here's the table:

Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Option updates (including gas guzzler tax)

Great post--keep them coming.

Ketzer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): aintgotnarn

Question Re: Option updates (including gas guzzler tax)

I guess I've somehow missed it... double black wood trim? Is there a pic of this somewhere? Where does it go? (specifically, which pieces of trim get swapped) It replaces plain gloss black pieces?

Gotta be good for at least 3hp... right?

Jeff-

The Black stained wood replaces the Carbon Fiber(ish) trim that runs along side the center console to the armrest, between the upper and lower dash panels and the doors.

I had to dig to find a picture of the wood, and it looks browner in this picture than in person. The trim around the shifter in these pictures is also repeated on the doors and dash. I put them side by side so you can see the difference:

Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Dualcams34 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

options are driving us on the plant floor nuts. We have not ever built a car with so many special little options. I saw one today with black exterior, black interior trim with neutral seat inserts and neutral door panel inserts. Different for sure. This block of V's is going very well. Just a note, because of our current money crunch, we have reduced our line rate just a bit so things are going a little slow at this time. Please be patient with your need for speed, you will get what you asked for. This car is very cool. and it is a Cadillac.
    leather steering wheel and shift knob or suede? The automatic cars are far more fun to drive then the manuals. Get the auto.

Here you go: The areas I painted red are where the trim is either Carbon look or wood. The strip on the dash also extends to the door, but you can't see it in this pic.

Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dualcams34 View Post
    options are driving us on the plant floor nuts. We have not ever built a car with so many special little options. I saw one today with black exterior, black interior trim with neutral seat inserts and neutral door panel inserts. Different for sure. This block of V's is going very well. Just a note, because of our current money crunch, we have reduced our line rate just a bit so things are going a little slow at this time. Please be patient with your need for speed, you will get what you asked for. This car is very cool. and it is a Cadillac.
    leather steering wheel and shift knob or suede? The automatic cars are far more fun to drive then the manuals. Get the auto.
    Thanks for the update, Dualcams.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Ketzer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): aintgotnarn

... and thank you Tony, for all the effort to explain the wood option location.

This isn't another question, just an opinion. I realize Alacantra is all the rage, but on the steering wheel? Sure, sure, it feels great, looks cool, but you can't think that it will last on an area like the steering wheel? White gloves everytime you drive.

Jeff-

Caddyscat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Radiant silver, Loaded, Auto

I wish there was a real carbon fiber trim option (sorry Dualcams - Keep an eye on that manifest!).
    Tony - I have to wait till December to order the wood trim? (sorry stupid question)
    I cant decide if I want Crystal red, radiant silver or thunder gray. Gonna have to look at pics of you guy's who got them first!

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

tony and dual, ROCK ON GUYS!

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    tony and dual, ROCK ON GUYS!

HPCC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    According to my latest information, both the Track brake package (with red calipers and two-piece front rotors) as well as the double black stained Sapele wood trim will be available in December.

As far as the Guzzler tax, there's been quite a bit of speculation. The final verdict is Level 3 ($1,700). For comparison, the M5 is a level 7 ($3,700). For anyone curious how the EPA decides this, here's the table:

Wow, I hope your streak of great predictions continues, Tony. I'll take around 20 combined for this car any day! I wasn't sure if she would even manage 20 highway...

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

That's not a bad mileage number, we'll see if it can match that in the real world. Same number auto vs manual?

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    That's not a bad mileage number, we'll see if it can match that in the real world. Same number auto vs manual?
    Match it? I plan on smashing it. Heres to 12 mpg

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Match it? I plan on smashing it. Heres to 12 mpg
    Yeah, between stoking the boilers and the rubber and the brake pads I'm sure one could keep one's credit card quite busy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.