Edmunds: loaded $67,540 plus gas guzzler
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Edmunds: loaded $67,540 plus gas guzzler in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=133893...
    g50
    g50 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Edmunds: loaded $67,540 plus gas guzzler

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

coolcaddy1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Brougham De Ellagance (sold) 2006 CTS-V (still looking)

Re: Edmunds: loaded $67,540 plus gas guzzler

little higher than I had hoped for but a good value in my opinion. Hmm if an 06 V is going for 32k now and list was 52k will an 09 V go for 40k in 2012?

1fstkde is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)

sign me up!!!

Knuguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

13mpg city and 19 highway inline with a maggied V1, actually seems a bit worse

Jayrcr3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Knuguy View Post
    13mpg city and 19 highway inline with a maggied V1, actually seems a bit worse
    Its making more power than a maggied V. Unless you've done more than just the maggie. So a little worse is probably about right. Its faster than a blown V1 also.

I hope in 2012 it 40k. That's the only way this guy will ever be able to afford one.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Inside Line says: It's admirable that Cadillac kept the starting price of the new CTS-V under $60K, so incentives appear unlikely. — Anita Lienert, Correspondent
    Well, I think our economy will also decide incentives. Since I'm buying mine as a program or lightly used V, I'm not concerned...

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

So full-boat it's still going out the door for less than I paid for my M5 almost nine years ago.

I'm gonna have to give this a thought, though three other car projects ongoing, a pared-back work schedule to play Mr Mom, and recent market tankage mean that thought's going to take just a bit longer than I'd like.

And if $65K for the V isn't going to do it for you...by accident I ended up driving a Cobalt SS sedan a couple weeks ago. Okay, crappy hard-plastic upper dash. But a spectacularly nice driver, great seats, beautifully matched control weighting, maybe not quite as nicely trimmed as a Mazdaspeed3 but both a more comfortable drive and a better-balanced one. Shame it's not a hatchback...

tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrcr3 View Post
    Its making more power than a maggied V. Unless you've done more than just the maggie. So a little worse is probably about right. Its faster than a blown V1 also.

I hope in 2012 it 40k. That's the only way this guy will ever be able to afford one.
    Sorry to threadjack, but your first statement doesn't seem right to me. If you do the math this is how it shakes out. (I'm all about the power to weight ratios)

2009 CTS-V = 556 hp \ 4292 lbs = 7.719 lbs that each horse is moving

2004 CTS-V (Maggied) = 540 hp \ 3920 lbs = 7.259 lbs that each horse is moving

See that the weight was 3850 lbs + 70 lbs for Maggie = 3920 lbs

Now, the new V has redesigned suspension for much better launches, so I would agree that you might run slightly better 1/4 miles times. But, the number that most of us on this forum care about is the road course lap times and I bet most Maggied V1s would edge out a stock V2 on the road course. (16-20 more hp for the V2, but 372 more lbs mean that it will be close to a modified V) I may get proven wrong when the V2s start hitting the streets and road courses against V1s, but I don't think so.

About your second point, I do agree that the depreciation should be about what you think based on the V1's depreciation.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

What's this, fully loaded between 65-70K + gas guzzler tax ? Where have I been hearing this for the last 8 months ?

Quote Originally Posted by tweeter81 View Post
    Sorry to threadjack, but your first statement doesn't seem right to me. If you do the math this is how it shakes out. (I'm all about the power to weight ratios)

2009 CTS-V = 556 hp 4292 lbs = 7.719 lbs that each horse is moving

2004 CTS-V (Maggied) = 540 hp 3920 lbs = 7.259 lbs that each horse is moving

See that the weight was 3850 lbs + 70 lbs for Maggie = 3920 lbs

Now, the new V has redesigned suspension for much better launches, so I would agree that you might run slightly better 1/4 miles times. But, the number that most of us on this forum care about is the road course lap times and I bet most Maggied V1s would edge out a stock V2 on the road course. (16-20 more hp for the V2, but 372 more lbs mean that it will be close to a modified V) I may get proven wrong when the V2s start hitting the streets and road courses against V1s, but I don't think so.

About your second point, I do agree that the depreciation should be about what you think based on the V1's depreciation.
    "Unless you've done more than just the Maggie" was what was said. I'm sorry, you do not get 140hp by just slapping in a Maggie...

jashearer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2006 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    "Unless you've done more than just the Maggie" was what was said. I'm sorry, you do not get 140hp by just slapping in a Maggie...
    I'm pretty sure that crank horse should be about that 540 as he implied.

Assuming 15% drivetrain loss thats about 459 to the wheels, which doesn't seem out of the ordinary.

Jay

jashearer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2006 ESV

So loaded w/ gas guzzler will be right about $70k or maybe a hair over?

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by jashearer View Post
    I'm pretty sure that crank horse should be about that 540 as he implied.

Assuming 15% drivetrain loss thats about 459 to the wheels, which doesn't seem out of the ordinary.

Jay
    You guys can discuss power to weight between a stock V2 and modded V1 all you want. But you do not get 540 crank hp by slapping a Maggie on a V1.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Assuming one uses the same % for a drivetrain loss calculation, the more BHP a vehicle has, the greater the net loss will be. So it's possible that even though one car is rated at a greater BHP than another, once loss is calculated they could end up much closer in RWHP. Then of course one would factor in vehicle weight.

I'm going to bet that just like on the STS-V, GM has made an effort to reduce the whine of the S/C on the 09V by restricting the diameter of the air intake tube. If one puts a larger diameter intake on the car they will not only gain my HP, but hear the whine of the S/C being more distinct.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.