New to the forum - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New to the forum in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Pounder, the way it worked last time with V1 (may not be exactly the same this go around, but it's ...
    trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Re: New to the forum

Pounder, the way it worked last time with V1 (may not be exactly the same this go around, but it's a good measuring stick):

1) At release it was hard to find the car for sticker, most dealerships marked it up. A few dealers on here have offered to sell the car at sticker or possibly even a bit better. They may be sold out now. Not sure.

2) I think the V1 settled down to approximately sticker price after about 6(ish) months.

3) You could get GMS pricing on the car (emplyee pricing) within about 11 months of release. That's when and how I got mine.

4) After about 16 - 18 months we started to see discounts.

That was my recollection with V1. Things may be very different with V2.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

Pounder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thanks for the info!

I just contacted some Cadillac dealers. The car can be ordered and it would take 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.
    GM military discount will be offered, and they are looking at the $2000 dollars rebate that is mentioned on this forum and on the Cadillac web site.

I was going to wait to see what the JAGUAR XF-R would do, but if I can get that rebate, i'm buying

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Pounder View Post
    I was going to wait to see what the JAGUAR XF-R would do, but if I can get that rebate, i'm buying
    It can't do much!!!
    Get that V!

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

The Jag is a nice car for sure. But if you're here asking about discounts you might want to spend a little time comparing long term maintenance costs between both vehicles of the stuff you would have to take care of outside any warranties.

Knuguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Any "new" model usually does not get any discount for at least 6 months (Military discount or Employee plans are different). Look at the Shelby Cobra's, before they were $5-10k over sticker, today they sit on lots. Its all about timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuguy View Post
    Any "new" model usually does not get any discount for at least 6 months (Military discount or Employee plans are different). Look at the Shelby Cobra's, before they were $5-10k over sticker, today they sit on lots. Its all about timing.
    True!
    But none of the 4 CADI dealers I contacted are asking premiums.
    And the internet site clearly states a $2000 rebate on the V, so I am curious.

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    The Jag is a nice car for sure. But if you're here asking about discounts you might want to spend a little time comparing long term maintenance costs between both vehicles of the stuff you would have to take care of outside any warranties.
    I don't think there will be any noticeable difference in running cost.
    In this kind of performance class everything will be expensive
    I am wondering though how many HP the JAG will have.
    I might just wait making the final decision until the Detroit auto show.

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I am wondering though how many HP the JAG will have.
    I might just wait making the final decision until the Detroit auto show.
    The press puffery is claiming 500HP for the XF R but I'd be surprised if it quite gets there.

All the recent Jag R efforts have had really nice eight-tenths suspensions, not really set up for all-out performance. Fine if that's what you want.

One thing that's really amazed me is the utter lack of real 'net enthusiast base for late-model Jags.

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    The press puffery is claiming 500HP for the XF R but I'd be surprised if it quite gets there.

All the recent Jag R efforts have had really nice eight-tenths suspensions, not really set up for all-out performance. Fine if that's what you want.

One thing that's really amazed me is the utter lack of real 'net enthusiast base for late-model Jags.
    The XF is a hit! Jag is filling up his order book.
    I agree that the engines have been Jags problem, but looking that the XF SV8 which makes 420 hp, a 500+ hp car should be possible. We'll know in 3 months and then I will make my choice between the CTS-V and the XF-R, unless a good deal is offered now!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.