CTS-V Driving Event at Monticello, NY - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V Driving Event at Monticello, NY in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hi everyone. I am a newbie to this forum and joined because I would like to purchase a CTS-V as ...
    TURBO BUICK is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None-YET

Re: CTS-V Driving Event at Monticello, NY

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to this forum and joined because I would like to purchase a CTS-V as soon as the stock market recovers. My wife and I were at Monticello on Friday Nov. 7th for the afternoon session and we had a blast. The XLR-V was a very nice car and fun to drive but naturally my choice would be the 09 CTS-V. This is one awesome car and like the poster above I also reached triple digit speeds. The XLR-V and the CTS-V handled the course like they were on rails thanks to the suspension and the Magnetic Ride Control as well as the Michelin Tires. The whole package was great. I also drove the #9 car that John Heinricy set the record in at the Ring. Those Sparco seats and the 5 point harness keeps you planted in the seat. There wasn't any time that I did not feel uncomfortable in the car even at triple digit speeds. That particular instructor was Top Notch as were all of them.
    My thanks goes to all who made this possible such as Cadillac, all instructors, the Marketing group who set this up, the caterers with the lunch, Andy Pilgrim for his instructions on the North Course and of course Monticello Motor Club for their part. Thank you EVERYBODY.
    Anybody know when we can do this again? Just like the woman that advertises in the AARP commercial,"Sign Me Up Now".
    Rich

SvB4EvA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCaldwell View Post
    The response to this program has exceeded even our highest expectations and all program slots were booked in a matter of hours. Should we plan another CTS-V drive event in 2009, those on this programís wait list will be among the first invited. In the meantime, we encourage you to contact your local Cadillac dealer to schedule a private test drive when the vehicles arrive in December. Until then, stay tuned.

David Caldwell, Cadillac Communications
    Thanks for stopping by the forums David. I had a great time on Sunday! I think it would be a great idea to make this an annual event!

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too).

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCaldwell View Post
    The response to this program has exceeded even our highest expectations and all program slots were booked in a matter of hours. Should we plan another CTS-V drive event in 2009, those on this programís wait list will be among the first invited. In the meantime, we encourage you to contact your local Cadillac dealer to schedule a private test drive when the vehicles arrive in December. Until then, stay tuned.

David Caldwell, Cadillac Communications
    Yes, thanks for everything, Dave! It really was well put on. I came all the way from Florida and would do it again. Not too much waiting. They got us right into the cars. I was dreading the "time share" sales pitch. None of that. The cars sell themselves when you just toss the keys over. I wish we could have gotten a few more laps. Next time have some to sell on the spot. I would have left with one.
    That is how Cadillac should represent itself. Making customers feel special. I'll be buying my 3rd V soon. DON'T GO BANKRUPT!

Albertan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS REDLINE 2006 CTS-V Infared

David
    I was one of many not invited, but since I live in Western Canada it would have been quite a trip. Just wanted to say though back a couple of years GM had a drive program in Las Vegas. For $10.00 I got to drive 2 GM performance cars. There was a line up. I chose a Red CTS-V and a Black STS-V. As a result of this drive I now own a 2006 CTS-V. These driving events probably are the best advertising a car company can do. Word of mouth is the best advertising.
    ps By the time my local dealership gets the new V, I'd be doing a test drive in ankle deep snow so I think I'll wait til spring.

jasaero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 BLK Cadillac CTS-V

Any current or former M5 owners make this event to give us a comparison??

FullMonte is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

does anybody know where/when/how we can get the video of our laps?

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by FullMonte View Post
    does anybody know where/when/how we can get the video of our laps?
    Someone mentioned they'll ship out DVDs...

SvB4EvA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Someone mentioned they'll ship out DVDs...
    Yea, thats what I was told...

2008ZO6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008CTS

Fortunate to attend the morning session on the 8th. Got to drive the V that set the record at Nuburgring. The V is one fantastic automobile. If I hadn't bought a ZO6 in August I would be very happy with the V. Car is super stable and predictable.

I thought the XLRV left a lot to be desired. Not impressed at all with the handling and the transmission and shifts was lacking. Handling was skittish, fairly obvious on the driver's vehicles too.

Since I own an AWD 2008CTS, I enjoyed the last portion and just seeing what the capabilities are of the vehicle. I'm even more impressed with the regular AWD after "pushing" it on the track, something I really have not tried on the street. Have about 15,000 miles on the CTS and it is fantastic summer-winter car with average of 21.4 mpg.

Cadillac has a super vehicle with the CTSV and regular CTS.

CTSV IRA is offline Cadillac Owners Member

To: 2008Z06
    I own a 1999 Corvette Convertible and was going to purchase a 09 Z06. I also test drove the CTSV at Monticello and loved it. If you didn't buy your Z06 yet would you have purchased the CTSV 09 instead.
    Thanks

Ira

HPCC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Question for those of you that drove the Auto: how responsive was it to manual gear selection?

At least one of the articles I've read mentioned downshift sluggishness, but I got the impression the reviewer was letting the tranny make all of the shifting decisions in sport mode at the time (full auto).

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by HPCC View Post
    Question for those of you that drove the Auto: how responsive was it to manual gear selection?

At least one of the articles I've read mentioned downshift sluggishness, but I got the impression the reviewer was letting the tranny make all of the shifting decisions in sport mode at the time (full auto).
    On my 2 quick laps everything, to me, seemed very quick.

David J Caldwell is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ira,
    I can't speak to every conversation that takes place, certainly. Hope you enjoyed the driving event. That was a very unique opportunity. But actually buying the car itself is a different matter. Everyone has the same opportunity to buy or order a car. There are no special programs or access. As for dealers, they are able to set their own prices as they are independent businesses. As for "above sticker" prices - this is not something we've seen happen to a large degree in the past.

Dave

cts_mark is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Black Cherry CTS4 - FE2, J55

Hey all,

I was lucky enough to go to this event, I had no idea this forum existed I've been hanging out in the CTS forum since I got my 08 in August. Sorry, I'm a noob...lol.

Did anybody else see the display that they had set up downstairs where they had parts from the V on display? I saw the steering wheel and it looked like a lateral acceleration or "g-force" indicator on the DIC. I did not notice it in the car, of course who had time to look at the DIC during their laps...lol.

-Mark

CTSV IRA is offline Cadillac Owners Member

David,
    The event was great and a dream come true. I hope Gm survives the mess it finds itself in. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. i probably will buy a v after I see how the whole Gm story plays out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.