CTS-V Driving Event at Monticello, NY - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V Driving Event at Monticello, NY in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by ohmsc10 Iam dying to here from anyone that drove today. i was thinking the same thing... i ...
    SvB4EvA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED

Re: CTS-V Driving Event at Monticello, NY

Quote Originally Posted by ohmsc10 View Post
    Iam dying to here from anyone that drove today.
    i was thinking the same thing... i am surprised actually

Quote Originally Posted by fadywwf316 View Post
    so, who's joining me on the sunday 12:30 event time?
    I will be there! It is also my dads birthday and I invited him, what a birthday gift huh!??!!!!!!!

offsight204 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by fadywwf316 View Post
    so, who's joining me on the sunday 12:30 event time?
    hey do you know if anyone could look just to look. Or is this a private event?

SvB4EvA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED

Quote Originally Posted by offsight204 View Post
    says in the e-mails that no one is permitted unless u are invited.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Youse guise are blind. Just because it's not in this thread doesn't mean a writeup doesn't exist...

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by offsight204 View Post
    Yep. They won't let you past the main gate without an invite

jimbo1320 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2010

Go to this thread for pictures and event recap. (Eh, I've changed my mind on the '09 V... )

DaveCaldwell is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs up Re: CTS-V Driving Event at Monticello, NY

The response to this program has exceeded even our highest expectations and all program slots were booked in a matter of hours. Should we plan another CTS-V drive event in 2009, those on this programís wait list will be among the first invited. In the meantime, we encourage you to contact your local Cadillac dealer to schedule a private test drive when the vehicles arrive in December. Until then, stay tuned.

David Caldwell, Cadillac Communications

chris1268 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCaldwell View Post
    The response to this program has exceeded even our highest expectations and all program slots were booked in a matter of hours. Should we plan another CTS-V drive event in 2009, those on this programís wait list will be among the first invited. In the meantime, we encourage you to contact your local Cadillac dealer to schedule a private test drive when the vehicles arrive in December. Until then, stay tuned.

Good to see you on here David. I can't wait to see the write ups on the event. I wish I could have made it out.

offsight204 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Damn this car is so close but yet is far away.I would love to see this car in person but is so damn hard to do so.December is around the corner but is still very far .Man i think im going to really have to wait...Well maybe is for a good cause

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

The response to this program has exceeded even our highest expectations and all program slots were booked in a matter of hours. Should we plan another CTS-V drive event in 2009, those on this program’s wait list will be among the first invited. In the meantime, we encourage you to contact your local Cadillac dealer to schedule a private test drive when the vehicles arrive in December. Until then, stay tuned.

Thanks again guys! We were all amazed thinking about where Cadillac was 5 years ago compared to today...

Karaya Eins is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1

The drive was fantastic! The Ring record car was there, and I got to lap in it.
    What at blast!

joependleton is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I was one of about 300 in the sun am session. One of the CTS chief engineers was on hand and was extremely informative and receptive. The skies finally cleared and the track was dry. Drove the V six speed and the torque and power from this car is incredible. Got up to triple digits on the straightaway as most did and having a pro driver providing tips sitting next to me was worth getting up at 5am. The brembo's on this car stop this car in impressive fashion. Cadillac sponsored driver Andy Pilgrim was on hand and was very outgoing and informative and signed a pretty cool poster of his race car. The XLR session sports the 440 horse, but I dont understand why cadi does not make this 2 seater in a manual. At the end of the session a quick event review entitled all participants to a very cool pullover with cadillac and monticello race club patch on the exterior. They had 2 gents fly in from the UK for this and they probably will say it was worth the one in a lifetime experience. I believe if I decide to go 556 HP it would have to be in a six speed. Only 150k will allow you to join this club as a member--wow. Any quest's let me know.

nmerhaut is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

My wife and I were also there for the 8am-12 session on Sat. Just got home and posted a lengthy write up on the Corvette Forum under "Off Topic", Other Cars. Please post me with questions. PS: all of us will receive DVDs of ourselves because Cadillac had both interior and exterior cameras on for our second lap. They'll have to bleep out a lot of "Holy s***s".

CTSV IRA is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi David,

I just wanted to let you know what a great experience my wife & I had on Sunday at MMC. It was the first time I was able to drive on a real race track. Everything was first class and all the employee's either Cadillac or MMC treated us like we were part of the family. What a nice surprise to receive jackets at the end after filling out the surveys. Nice touch !!!!
    My main reason for attending this event was to test drive the new CTS-V. I am a current owner of a 6 speed Convertible 1999 Corvette with 115,000 miles on the clock. I am in the market for a new car and have been following all the updates on the 2009 CTS-V. I am not going to sell my vette because I love it so much and wasn't sure if i wanted to get a new Z06 or the new CTS-V. The chance to drive around in a family sedan and have the power of a corvette z06 is just amazing.
    I heard a cadillac rep say at the event that people that attended will have a better chance by moving up on a wait list at the dealers purchasing a CTS-V. Is this true? I guess one thing that might stop me from purchasing this car is dealer sticker premuims. As you know a Z06 is being offered with a$10,000.00 discount. I won't pay a large premium just to own one so I hope to be loyal to GM customers the dealers won't do this. Anyway thanks again to cadillac for a wonderful experience and one I will never forget. Especially the 105 mph on the straight away with my wife wearing a race helmet in the back seat Can't get better then that. Any wisdom you can provide with the availablilty with this car and if it will sell for MSRP would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ira

HammCTSv is offline Cadillac Owners Member

David,
    Although I never got further than the waiting list upon signing up, I still would like to thank you guys for putting on an event like this. This is truly in line with the spirit of this car and kudos to Cadillac/GM for making the effort to enable folks to experience it in such a lively setting. This mindset truly has appeal to me as I am passionate about cars that can readily participate in club events at the track, yet can still haul around kids! I hope to have the opportunity to take a test drive in the near future. If you guys consider an additional drive event, perhaps VIR would be worth considering!

Thanks again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.