CTS-V Driving Event at Monticello, NY - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V Driving Event at Monticello, NY in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; My reserved spot should be open for 1230 Sunday. Had to drop since I'll be TDY in Colorado Springs. Damn!...
    dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: CTS-V Driving Event at Monticello, NY

My reserved spot should be open for 1230 Sunday. Had to drop since I'll be TDY in Colorado Springs. Damn!

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.

Quote Originally Posted by dqw1 View Post
    My reserved spot should be open for 1230 Sunday. Had to drop since I'll be TDY in Colorado Springs. Damn!
    Hope someone here gets it.
    I also hope the onboard camera setup looks like this...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzJtge4bE6w"]YouTube - Cadillac CTS-V at Monticello[/ame]

I am so happy for this!

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Monticello is a fun track. The full course is a blast!

I'm pretty sure they're gonna be splittin it up though. I would think they'd allocate the North course for the CTS-V, so that it can stretch its legs some on the long straights. After the main straight, I have to say, that tight chicane is awesome! If you set that turn up precisely, the 09 V should launch outta there real nice.

Then after the down hill sweeping left, you have a hard, hard right, which is fun to shoot out of - love that turn. The next left is a hoot! And the following succession of turns is entertaining, as well. You'll come flying out of that last left turn onto the straight that leads down to the South Course.

The South Course is pretty tight. Favorite section is coming out of the hammer head (I don't know, it looks like a hammer on the map; don't know if they even have numbers for the turns yet), through the left-right transition, round the looong slightly inclined left, and down towards the double apex right (don't double apex that; just sacrifice the first right to set you up better for the second apex before the short straight).

Before the double right, there's gonna be some haaard braking, cuz you're gonna be picking up some good speed as you come out of the long left; make sure your cars settled and squared beforehand. I like to place my apex on that long left such that I'm tracking out enough to the right, so that I can just direct my car back to the left side in a straight line and basically be a bullet until I get to my braking zone.

If you late apex that long left (relatively speaking, since it already is inherently a late apex turn) you won't track out enough and, since your cars now gonna be sweeping left all the way through to the braking zone, you can't really get into the gas, lest you're comfortable with hard braking whilst the right side of the car is loaded. In that scenario you better be quick to listen to what your cars telling you and quick to react - don't ask me how I know. Cuz, I don't! Hah! Bah! It's all probably gibberish, anyhow. Yooou'll see. You're in for a treat. Yes, it really is a fun track.

nmerhaut is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Hi everyone, noobie here. Also got an invite to the event on Oct. 16. My wife and I will drive up from Cleveland Nov. 7, stay at the Best Western and hit the track at noon Sat. the 8th. I have an '05 CTS-V and an '08 Vette coupe. I've been following the CTS-V on websites for some time so I believe that's how I got the invitation. I was concerned about the weather but the hosts mailed me back "Rain or shine" so we're in. Hope to meet all of you that attend. I'll fill out my profile here if I can find the area. Stay safe.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Due to a very kick-ass and generous CF member, I'll be there bright and early Friday morning!

BOO-F'n-YA!

OldRoadDawg is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

TBJS..... see ya there Fri morn

Quote Originally Posted by OldRoadDawg View Post
    TBJS..... see ya there Fri morn
    I am forever indebted!!!

Nice! I know who will have the first forum member to give the Monticello write up. Warm it up for me!

And I even specified the automatic preference. I really want to see how good the auto version is. Plus, some left foot braking should be fun...

I went manual but by brother requested the auto. We were hoping we may get to try both.

I wonder how many laps they will let us run. Those blind turns are tough to gas through on the first try.
    I am officially studying the track once a night minimum. I also printed atdeneve's notes. Thanks for the writeup. They should be helpful.

dlaunt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Didn't get an invite so I guess I will have to take my 98 ETC out for a VERY fast ride and pretend. To all of those going please take a lap for me, and have a GREAT time.

jdogg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 Mallett STS-V

Check out the twitter feed that they have up now for the event - I think it went out in the email yesterday.

http://twitter.com/CTSV_DrivingLab

louiefl99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe

Regrettably, I've had to drop out of the event and freed up a pair of spots for whoever is next in line. Hopefully it is someone on this forum. Looking forward to the write-ups!

ohmsc10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Iam dying to here from anyone that drove today.

fadywwf316 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

so, who's joining me on the sunday 12:30 event time?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.