Updated info concerning pricing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Updated info concerning pricing in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I came across this site and noticed an e-mail address at the bottom of the page for David Caldwell who ...
    Greg* is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thumbs up Updated info concerning pricing

I came across this site and noticed an e-mail address at the bottom of the page for David Caldwell
    who is listed as part of Cadillac communications. I then shot him e-mail asking when pricing will be
    released on th 09 CTS-V. This was his reply.

Tomorrow or Thursday is when the numbers go out. We have to wait for federal govt certification of some aspects...that has been the hold-up. But this will all transpire in the next 1-2 days. In the meantime, feel free to tell shoppers/customers that it will be right around $60K base price...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Re: Updated info concerning pricing

Nice dig! I hope this guy is right!

chris1268 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by Greg* View Post
    I came across this site and noticed an e-mail address at the bottom of the page for David Caldwell
    who is listed as part of Cadillac communications. I then shot him e-mail asking when pricing will be

I have been in communication with David over the last 10 months and everything he has told me thus far has been accurate so I see no reason to doubt him now.

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Greg* View Post
    wonder if he is referring to gas guzzler tax. may be the 1-4 shift still on the table?

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

What's this, what's this ? The government holding things up has been the delay ? Naaaa they never hold things up with red tape.

All sounds very plausible as to the reason for it taking a bit. Nice job on attempting the contact and gaining some insight into the situation.

caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

No offense to anyone but it is frustrating with all the dealers and other insiders on this site it takes an interested forum member with some initiative to find what may be the best scoop to date. My own dealer is clueless. At least on the Vette and Viper sites the dealers seem to be much more plugged in.

Quote Originally Posted by caddiedrummer View Post
    My own dealer is clueless. At least on the Vette and Viper sites the dealers seem to be much more plugged in.
    Its unfortunate that most dealers are clueless.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

No offense to anyone but it is frustrating with all the dealers and other insiders on this site it takes an interested forum member with some initiative to find what may be the best scoop to date. My own dealer is clueless. At least on the Vette and Viper sites the dealers seem to be much more plugged in.

Are you kidding? I've only been posting the options, build dates and price range for 8 months now.

Here's a link to my post from FEBRUARY: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post1389747

If you don't consider me flying to NAIAS on my own dime, seeking out a member of the 322SC project team, grilling him for info, posting up all the options and nailing the MSRP within a few hundred bucks 8 months before any of the magazines even drove the car to be "plugged in", I don't know what to tell you.

This is why it's so rare to find Dealers posting on forums. We post the same info over and over and over and over and over and over again, and yet it's like we're invisible.

Hello? Is this thing on????
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

mryan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 Twin V2'S

Way to say it Tony!!!!

The majority of us greatly appreciate your efforts!!!!

By the way, the dealer in my hometown is helpfull and peofessional much like Tony and his store are.

mryan

caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Are you kidding? I've only been posting the options, build dates and price range for 8 months now.

Here's a link to my post from FEBRUARY: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post1389747

If you don't consider me flying to NAIAS on my own dime, seeking out a member of the 322SC project team, grilling him for info, posting up all the options and nailing the MSRP within a few hundred bucks 8 months before any of the magazines even drove the car to be "plugged in", I don't know what to tell you.

This is why it's so rare to find Dealers posting on forums. We post the same info over and over and over and over and over and over again, and yet it's like we're invisible.

Hello? Is this thing on????

All true and like I said no offense. But it is undisputed that a forum member simply by doing a little digging found what may be the best and up to date info on pricing yet. Not a dig at you.

My most dealers comment was specifically said as such to exclude dealers like you, Tony. Thanks for staying on top of the V2 for us!!

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Tony, most of us regulars here know how much you do for this forum, so take solice in that.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

All true and like I said no offense. But it is undisputed that a forum member simply by doing a little digging found what may be the best and up to date info on pricing yet. Not a dig at you.
    OK, and how is this info any different than we've already heard? How is it "best and up to date" when it's the SAME thing we already knew?

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

The man took the time to e-mail one of Cadillac's communications folks and ask a question. Luckily he got a response, one that sounds very likely to the situation as is probably quite true. I've e-mailed other Cadillac communications people in the past on different questions and gotten no reply. In this case it appears it worked.

But in truth this wasn't a great big deal was it ? The fact exact pricing has been a bit delayed for whatever reason. GM will release it when it's ready and available to do so. However as has already been mentioned, since the public release of info on the car a NAIAS in January there have been numerous approximate pricing numbers posted that have generally been estimated at 60-63K. This Comm persons response was really no different "it will be right around $60K base price" So what great new information was parsed about the pricing number, nothing. We did however hear something associated with the reason for a delay, which we are taking their word for to be true. So I'm not sure what it is you feel you've gained from this, or for that matter had been lacking during the past several months. Maybe you just feel better because it came from someone at Cadillac Communications vs a forum member or a dealership representative in the forum. But also remember there are members of this forum who have contact(s) or work on the inside who may not feel comfortable posting certain info about exactly who they are or the exact source of their information for concern over employment or legal action.

bsteven43 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Tony or others .... has Cadillac announced what it will do for people wanting to get out of a lease and into the new CTS-V yet? There used to be a pull ahead on the lease of two months I think and then I heard there was maybe some cash that could be used ... has that been ironed out or is that forthcoming with MSRP info?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.