Getting mad- Camaro pricing is out
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Getting mad- Camaro pricing is out in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; So GM released the Camaro pricing today. For a car that you cant take delivery of until next year. yet ...
    charheep is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Getting mad- Camaro pricing is out

So GM released the Camaro pricing today. For a car that you cant take delivery of until next year. yet the V which is coming in 3-4 weeks to a dealer has no pricing. Why? You cant tell me GM doesnt know the pricing when they can price out a car that wont be on the lots until March of next year. i know we have good words here, but I for one would like to know GM's pricing, and the pricing of the options. Once I can go to a wesbite and build one with pricing, I am going to say that we have no idea on final price. Just would like to know the final piece of the puzzle here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jashearer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2006 ESV

Re: Getting mad- Camaro pricing is out

Was the pricing in line with what the rags had as estimates?

Jay

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Last info was the Camaros would be on showroom floors in all flavors ( RS. SS-A. SS-M) in January, unlike the Challenger which came out in limited numbers in SRT8 only at first, with the other models just now making it to dealers.

The reason they are waiting to release the MSRP is because the head of the V series development of Cadillac reads this forum and has taken it upon himself to hold off as long as possible on making it public to weed out the impatient piss and moaners in hopes they buy another car before it's release. That way they're saving themselves the headaches after it's released from those possible owners crying about every little thing that is almost certain to pop up seeing how it's the first year model of release on a complete redesign. Just go read the posts in the 08+ CTS forum for reference. So far it seems to be working in some cases.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

:golf clap: : polite murmur:

charheep is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

DETROIT – Chevrolet today announced pricing for the all-new, 2010 Camaro. It starts at $22,995 MSRP for the V-6-powered LS model, and $30,995 for the V-8-powered Camaro SS (all prices include $750 destination charge). Customer ordering opened on Oct. 13, with production scheduled to start in first quarter of 2009

This is the info released today. For a car scheduled to start in the first quarter of 2009. Weird that a car schedule to start in weeks doesnt have this press release?

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    The reason they are waiting to release the MSRP is because the head of the V series development of Cadillac reads this forum and has taken it upon himself to hold off as long as possible on making it public to weed out the impatient piss and moaners in hopes they buy another car before it's release. That way they're saving themselves the headaches after it's released from those possible owners crying about every little thing that is almost certain to pop up seeing how it's the first year model of release on a complete redesign. Just go read the posts in the 08+ CTS forum for reference. So far it seems to be working in some cases.

...but seriously.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

I think the buyers market for the Camaro is slightly larger than that of the new V.
    I think this is more of a case of appealing to the masses for a car that hopes to be a large production vehicle vs. making a much smaller number of buyers... who will probably buy the V regardless of the price.... happy.
    Seems simple to me.
    Not sure what the holdup is, maybe they are having vendor issues?

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

:mullet:

Albertan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS REDLINE 2006 CTS-V Infared

Urb
    Most of those buying the Camero will be reliving their youth. Unfortunately, a mullet will be not happening for them. Best they will be able to do is grow out their "cul de sac" for a "skullet".

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

indeed

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Albertan View Post
    Urb
    Most of those buying the Camero will be reliving their youth. Unfortunately, a mullet will be not happening for them. Best they will be able to do is grow out their "cul de sac" for a "skullet".

I can't say I wouldn't look at a Camaro SS-M and give it some consideration as a 2nd car based on it's appearance and specs so far. A 40K Camaro SS-M with an LS3 modified with 6K in headers, cam, and tune will be putting close to 470-500 HP to the wheels at 300-400 lbs less weight than an 09 CTS-V. Certainly nothing to balk at for about 15-20K less.

funkcity is offline Cadillac Owners Member

GM has 4 big time muscle cars (read gas guzzlers) coming out.
    We never had ass-kickin and handling cars like that in the 60s and 70s

ZR-1
    CTS-V
    Camaro
    G8 GT

They (GM?Cadillac) seem to be very worried about the V2 price point.
    The dealer here in West Los Angeles has a lot full of Escalades and big non-selling SUVs.
    And no customers to be seen.....

They do have legitimate fears. ... and thus late price list.

The Camaro has a friendlier price point... and they posted it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.