First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, First to say it: V2 reviews are boring. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Is anybody else getting bored reading the never ending positives and - apparently - zero negatives that the V2 is ...
    razl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS-V Light Platinum

First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.

Is anybody else getting bored reading the never ending positives and - apparently - zero negatives that the V2 is getting?

Don't get me wrong, it looks like GM and Caddy hit a homer with the V2. But I keep hoping to find something, somewhere that's worth really arguing or quibbling about and there just isn't anything.

At worst, a reviewer might allude to a comparable (and presumably more expense) competitor as somehow being better in an intangible way - like Clarkson's ending where he says that an "I believe that ultimately an M5 would be more satisfying, a touch more crisp." but that's all subjective and not much fun to kick around (other than to pile on).

I suppose the final frontier of debate is the still unannounced final price and the #s that real world consumers put down at their local tracks, but all indicators are that they're going to be relatively awesome (even if they don't quite "suck the doors off an M5").

In the end, I'm not hoping for a fatal flaw, but it's looking more and more like this is going to be a pretty quiet forum if there's nothing much to complain about.

There's worse problems to have, but its going to be boring if the damn thing is perfect.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Re: First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.

I'm not exactly bored. I saw one reviewer characterize the acceleration as comparable to being lit on fire, taking a cheese grater to your nut sack, splashing alcohol on the wound and being squeezed out the anus of a female rhino in heat simultaneously. Now that my friends is excitement!

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by razl View Post
    Is anybody else getting bored reading the never ending positives and - apparently - zero negatives that the V2 is getting?

Don't get me wrong, it looks like GM and Caddy hit a homer with the V2. But I keep hoping to find something, somewhere that's worth really arguing or quibbling about and there just isn't anything.

At worst, a reviewer might allude to a comparable (and presumably more expense) competitor as somehow being better in an intangible way - like Clarkson's ending where he says that an "I believe that ultimately an M5 would be more satisfying, a touch more crisp." but that's all subjective and not much fun to kick around (other than to pile on).

I suppose the final frontier of debate is the still unannounced final price and the #s that real world consumers put down at their local tracks, but all indicators are that they're going to be relatively awesome (even if they don't quite "suck the doors off an M5").

In the end, I'm not hoping for a fatal flaw, but it's looking more and more like this is going to be a pretty quiet forum if there's nothing much to complain about.

There's worse problems to have, but its going to be boring if the damn thing is perfect.

This is a nice thread to change the pace here since it seems like the MSRP reveal is being delayed. (I would jokingly say because the V2 is the absolute last thing on any execs mind at GM right now, but no one is laughing.)

I agree that the reviews are positive, and part of the reason is perspective.. hint: price. If GM released this car at $80k loaded, you would start to hear immediate groaning from the rags. The top gear guy hinted at the end of the review that if money were no object he would still buy the M5. At $59k, all of the positives will continue to shine. Caddy needs to make sure money is an object for the V2 to be universally loved.

Also, the car is still in the honeymooning phase with the press. Does anyone remember how long the new GTO was the darling of the rags until it turned out that 3 of them sold? After sales tanked all of the sudden the rags thought the car was ugly and terrible. They hedge thier bets early on until sales back up the reviews.

vperl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver

Gm has not only decided not to release the MSRP just on the NEW 2009 CTS-V, GM has decided that even though the new Camero is to be on show rooms floors in a few months the Camero MSRP is top secret .

The GM Exec. maybe checking into the planned gold parachute more than other things, or not.

But who cares?

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

"Camero"

Every magazine and web site in print has told us what the MSRP of the CTS-V and Camaro are going to be. The only people still complaining are those who are too thick to read between the very transparent lines.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

ThankYou, I know that all can say for a fact that everyone welcomes your thoughtful reply.

Your the BEST, your gunna get plenty of sales from buyers (that actually have cash) with your thoughtful replies and knowledge.

I for one will be in line to purchase.

THANKS

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

camero++

Quote Originally Posted by vperl View Post
    ThankYou, I know that all can say for a fact that everyone welcomes your thoughtful reply.
    Seriously man- every magazine out there has been told by Cadillac the car will be $60k + options, est. $68k loaded. Why is the "official" announcement so important, and why do some people think it's some big conspiracy?

Sheesh.

We've got this amazing car coming out that even Jeremy Clarkson thinks is insanely good, and yet all we can do is squabble about an MSRP we already know.

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    Seriously man- every magazine out there has been told by Cadillac the car will be $60k + options, est. $68k loaded. Why is the "official" announcement so important, and why do some people think it's some big conspiracy?

Sheesh.

We've got this amazing car coming out that even Jeremy Clarkson thinks is insanely good, and yet all we can do is squabble about an MSRP we already know.
    I am sure that the wives and bankers are fine with what someone saw in a magazine

Can we stop acting like price is not one of the most important factors in buying a car? I have never bought a thing in my life where $5k didn't matter, I would be out of business if I did.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Here's the answer: Don't consider buying it till you know the price. It's not like they are on the lots now without stickers on 'em. Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by razl

Well, there you go razl. It looks like the Internet will always find something to argue, quibble or complain about.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I almost dread when the cars hit the streets. This board will be more whiney than...nevermind.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

yeah nevermind, but the whining will be unparalleled

I figure that (Jpjr) meant exactly the thing I have been asking .....

The MSRP does matter, however if there a load of richey riches out there using Daddy's money, I can understand why 5K means nothing, and the types of replies that are given by the ones selling the vehicles to us, that actually have means to buy the vehicle..

Seems some of you are acting like one of my X's, spending cash becasue they have it in hand today.... like a (parden the expression) "Drunk Sailor".

But, I am sure someone will make some snide remarks, which I dearly love.
    I have little to do , but watch little people show how little they are.

What 5k are you talking about?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.