First to say it: V2 reviews are boring. - Page 3
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 44 of 44
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, First to say it: V2 reviews are boring. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by concorso Certain people in this thread really annoy me, and Im sure others. I hope GM actually ...
  1. #31
    Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    708

    Re: First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.

    Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Certain people in this thread really annoy me, and Im sure others. I hope GM actually doesnt release the price until the very very last minute, in an effort to get these 2 complainers off the board. God help GM, if said complainers' V exhibits anything but perfection...

    Facts. At $70k base, this car is still a steal, and Id still consider buying it, even knowing that the base will be around $60k... No, not just consider, Id have to be convinced NOT to buy it.
    Am I one of the complainers?

    For starters, the car is not a steal at $70k. Maybe to you and many others, but for my money it is not. No car is, just look at where residuals are headed. I'm looking for a car that will hold some basic value (so I don't lose $45k in two years like the guy who sold me his STS-V did). Pricing more than 20% above the loaded base model is quickly approaching dangerous territory.

    (Of course ALL cars depreciate like mad, but Cadillac V's do not have an especially good track record. *Yes*, on a relative value basis this car is a steal compared to comparibly priced models. Unfortunately there is a lot of other things you can do with $70k right now, which the automakers know all too well.)

    Second, trying to remove/mute posters because you don't like thier comments is exactly the kind of approach that has run the Big 3 into the proverbial ground. They ignored the negative comments on thier cars and service. They thought they were always entitled to American sales. Union workers thought they were entitled to non-competitive wages. Etc., etc. I agree if someone is violating the forum rules action should be taken, but not simply for dissenting popular forum opinion.

    Third, price is the most important aspect in buying a vehicle in my opinion. Some people here have a lot of money to spend and perhaps have lost touch with this concept. I want to know the exact price. I want to be able to line up financing. I want to know what my tax and registration fees will be. Not because I expect to be surprised but because I want some finality to the months of antipation.

    All my opinion guys, not fact.

  2. #32
    P-Funk's Avatar
    P-Funk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    I am one of the complainers!

    Fixed it for ya. Carry on.


  3. #33
    jkviper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    24

    Re: First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    Also, the car is still in the honeymooning phase with the press. Does anyone remember how long the new GTO was the darling of the rags until it turned out that 3 of them sold? After sales tanked all of the sudden the rags thought the car was ugly and terrible. They hedge thier bets early on until sales back up the reviews.
    Bingo! It is very rare the initial reviews are negative in any way shape or form on enthusiast cars. The CTS V2 is no doubt a great car, but you won't hear the nit-picking negatives until the 2nd or third reviews of the mags.

  4. #34
    Cadillac Tony's Avatar
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Leesburg, Florida
    Posts
    2,187

    Re: First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.

    Jeremy Clarkson savaged the first CTS-V in his initial review (cheap interior, wonky shifter, "ruler" styling, excessive bonging, etc....). For him to speak so highly of the car shows a massive improvement. Even the mainstream rags like Car & Driver and Motor Trend mentioned the wheelhop in the first CTS-V, whereas the reviews of the new one have no mention of any such "achilles' heel".

    I'm sure that there will be little nitpicks over time, but that's the case with any car. The fact of the matter is that the reviews of the first gen were 75% good, 25% "meh", but the reviews of the 2009 have been 99% glowing, and that speaks volumes for what a good job GM did on the car.
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323 (ask for Tony)

    www.cadillactony.com



    The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

  5. #35
    dqw1's Avatar
    dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Madison, AL
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,004

    Re: First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.

    I have to admit I'm totally stunned over how good the reviews have been. This might be the best X-Mas present I've ever given myself.

  6. #36
    Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    708

    Re: First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Jeremy Clarkson savaged the first CTS-V in his initial review (cheap interior, wonky shifter, "ruler" styling, excessive bonging, etc....). For him to speak so highly of the car shows a massive improvement. Even the mainstream rags like Car & Driver and Motor Trend mentioned the wheelhop in the first CTS-V, whereas the reviews of the new one have no mention of any such "achilles' heel".

    I'm sure that there will be little nitpicks over time, but that's the case with any car. The fact of the matter is that the reviews of the first gen were 75% good, 25% "meh", but the reviews of the 2009 have been 99% glowing, and that speaks volumes for what a good job GM did on the car.
    The V2 appears to be amazingly better than the V1, which is coming through in almost every review. It is a great car, no doubt.

  7. #37
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,630

    Re: First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    Am I one of the complainers?

    For starters, the car is not a steal at $70k. Maybe to you and many others, but for my money it is not. No car is, just look at where residuals are headed. I'm looking for a car that will hold some basic value (so I don't lose $45k in two years like the guy who sold me his STS-V did). Pricing more than 20% above the loaded base model is quickly approaching dangerous territory.

    (Of course ALL cars depreciate like mad, but Cadillac V's do not have an especially good track record. *Yes*, on a relative value basis this car is a steal compared to comparibly priced models. Unfortunately there is a lot of other things you can do with $70k right now, which the automakers know all too well.)

    Second, trying to remove/mute posters because you don't like thier comments is exactly the kind of approach that has run the Big 3 into the proverbial ground. They ignored the negative comments on thier cars and service. They thought they were always entitled to American sales. Union workers thought they were entitled to non-competitive wages. Etc., etc. I agree if someone is violating the forum rules action should be taken, but not simply for dissenting popular forum opinion.

    Third, price is the most important aspect in buying a vehicle in my opinion. Some people here have a lot of money to spend and perhaps have lost touch with this concept. I want to know the exact price. I want to be able to line up financing. I want to know what my tax and registration fees will be. Not because I expect to be surprised but because I want some finality to the months of antipation.

    All my opinion guys, not fact.
    Hey, if the shoe fits...

    Please dont put words in my keyboard...I didnt say you should be banned. Everyone has a right to say what they like, and Id defend that ideal, regardless of if I agree with the person or not. Let me translate what I said. I hope you stop complaining, and if not, I hope you leave.

    You say its a great car. You say no car is worth this kind of money. You say price is the most important part in buying a car. You say $70k is a relative bargain, which means at $5-10k cheaper, its a freaking steal. I didnt even mean it was a steal to comparably priced cars (your words). I meant it was a steal to comparable cars, full stop. If you think its a relative steal to comparably priced cars, whats the big problem?

    Ive never seen someone complain sooooo much just to get some 'finality'.
    Regardless, if they told you the price to the exact dollar, you still couldnt buy it yet. Except put a downpayment on one. A downpayment youll get back in full, if you dont want the car.

  8. #38
    RightTurn's Avatar
    RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Keep Right™
    Posts
    41,067

    Re: First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    Second, trying to remove/mute posters because you don't like thier comments is exactly the kind of approach that has run the Big 3 into the proverbial ground.
    I believe the only reason(s) people are banned are for making personal attacks or breaking other forum rules, which are plainly stated.

  9. #39
    Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    708

    Re: First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.

    Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Hey, if the shoe fits...

    Please dont put words in my keyboard...I didnt say you should be banned. Everyone has a right to say what they like, and Id defend that ideal, regardless of if I agree with the person or not. Let me translate what I said. I hope you stop complaining, and if not, I hope you leave.

    You say its a great car. You say no car is worth this kind of money. You say price is the most important part in buying a car. You say $70k is a relative bargain, which means at $5-10k cheaper, its a freaking steal. I didnt even mean it was a steal to comparably priced cars (your words). I meant it was a steal to comparable cars, full stop. If you think its a relative steal to comparably priced cars, whats the big problem?

    Ive never seen someone complain sooooo much just to get some 'finality'.
    Regardless, if they told you the price to the exact dollar, you still couldnt buy it yet. Except put a downpayment on one. A downpayment youll get back in full, if you dont want the car.
    This post is full of complaints. Stop whining dude. Let me worry about my downpayment and my comments.

  10. #40
    vperl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Clackamas, OR
    Posts
    867

    Re: First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    This post is full of complaints. Stop whining dude. Let me worry about my downpayment and my comments.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

    Jpjr, one has to remember that most of these "people" are probably 13 year old boys, or set-ups to not allow open disscussion on this issue that is obvious, yet totally unresolved.

    Just because some review & magazines say 60K, just what 9is the total cost ...I cannot figue that out till I know exactly what the final price is load to the gills.

    Jpjr, maybe they have more info..I do not know. maybe the shills do not want this in discussion.

    I suspect the attacks to come, just look who are the leaders of the pack.

  11. #41
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,630

    Re: First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    This post is full of complaints. Stop whining dude. Let me worry about my downpayment and my comments.
    As much as youre free to keep complaining about the lack of an official price, I am also free to continue calling you on it...I still havent read where you explain how the lack of price is stopping you from a purchase? Or actually holding you up from doing anything in anyway? If the car comes at $70k, it will lose a huge amount of sales, Im sure we can agree on that. Cadillac knows they have to price this car correctly. And 'correctly' means the base really can't be above $65k. The ONLY way I see this as a bad thing is if your lease is up on your present car.

    Vperl...twice that age plus a couple years. Looking forward to a Coupe V! Shills...funny.


    You know, the lack of pricing is annoying for others too. I must admit that for me, its not a huge deal as Im getting a CoupeV. But I can accept that its annoying to not have a price. But complaining about it wont change it. Theres a reason theyve waited this long. Most other models would have been priced 6 months ago. Im willing to let it go tho, I know they know they need to do this car right, no questions asked.

  12. #42
    vperl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Clackamas, OR
    Posts
    867

    Re: First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.

    Jpjr, did you get an invite to NY for the 4 hour race track experience ?

    All the big shots are going to be there, I am looking at airfares..Living in the NW kinda makes it a tad more nteresting to get to NY, and that the last time
    I was on the East coast you were not around...I was about your age then..

  13. #43
    Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    708

    Re: First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.

    Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    As much as youre free to keep complaining about the lack of an official price, I am also free to continue calling you on it...I still havent read where you explain how the lack of price is stopping you from a purchase? Or actually holding you up from doing anything in anyway? If the car comes at $70k, it will lose a huge amount of sales, Im sure we can agree on that. Cadillac knows they have to price this car correctly. And 'correctly' means the base really can't be above $65k. The ONLY way I see this as a bad thing is if your lease is up on your present car.

    Vperl...twice that age plus a couple years. Looking forward to a Coupe V! Shills...funny.


    You know, the lack of pricing is annoying for others too. I must admit that for me, its not a huge deal as Im getting a CoupeV. But I can accept that its annoying to not have a price. But complaining about it wont change it. Theres a reason theyve waited this long. Most other models would have been priced 6 months ago. Im willing to let it go tho, I know they know they need to do this car right, no questions asked.
    There you go again.

  14. #44
    vperl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Clackamas, OR
    Posts
    867

    Re: First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.

    This is more fun than a pointy stick in the eye, but that is another story.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting