First to say it: V2 reviews are boring. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, First to say it: V2 reviews are boring. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Please read the posts of two three back , as I remember it was a felloow the name, Jpjr that ...
    vperl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver

Re: First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.

Please read the posts of two three back , as I remember it was a felloow the name, Jpjr that used the number that was used an an example ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    I am sure that the wives and bankers are fine with what someone saw in a magazine

Can we stop acting like price is not one of the most important factors in buying a car? I have never bought a thing in my life where $5k didn't matter, I would be out of business if I did.

deAR tONY THIS IS THE MESSAGE.....

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

I still fail to see how this changes the fact that every single magazine, web site and newspaper review has quoted nearly identical $60k starting prices, less than $70k fully loaded. I highly doubt they all "guessed" the exact same numbers, so where did they get it from? (hint: probably the same people that loaned them the car to test).

At this point, we already know what the price is going to be, even though it's not "official"- I guess I just don't get what you're so upset about. Explain to me how your life is going to change once Cadillac.com says "$59,995" to go along with the number already posted in every magazine, and maybe I'll understand your anger a little better.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    I still fail to see how this changes the fact that every single magazine, web site and newspaper review has quoted nearly identical $60k starting prices, less than $70k fully loaded. I highly doubt they all "guessed" the exact same numbers, so where did they get it from? (hint: probably the same people that loaned them the car to test).

At this point, we already know what the price is going to be, even though it's not "official"- I guess I just don't get what you're so upset about. Explain to me how your life is going to change once Cadillac.com says "$59,995" to go along with the number already posted in every magazine, and maybe I'll understand your anger a little better.

" ANGER ? " look at your posts tell me who seems so disappointed that we, the folks with the cash ( NOT the sales force) are interested in the actual price, not some concocted price that is yet to be confirmed, The under 60K may very well be the price...

I do not as the Jpjr person noted just hand out money till I know the fial price... even though I will get the vehicle.. unless I get the type of attitude from my dealers as from the sellers here...

I force no one to go my path, or suppose what is going to be the price, by way of everyone quoting in lockstep a price that has not been confirmed.

I do hope the magazines are correct, but I wait till GM declares the price before I condem those that just ask the question about the real MSRP, not a fairy tail we read in books or magazines...
    Did you marry my last X ?

If you're a player at <$70k, put a deposit down on the car with the stipulation that it is refundable if the MSRP is not to your liking once it's announced- it's that simple. You have several choices here on the Forum (both Plaza and Superior) who will take a deposit that is refundable if you find the MSRP to be out of line.

When it comes to Magazine Cover cars like the Mustang KR, LP640, ZR-1, GT-R and CTS-V, etc, there's two kinds of people: The ones who throw the money down and get one, and the ones who rant and rave about them on the Internet and end up being the last guy on the block to get one (or don't get one at all).

You're acting like someone is forcing you to write them a blank check just to get on a list, which none of the Dealers here are doing. Considering how easy both forum Dealers are trying to make the reservation process until MSRP is announced, putting Jpjr's name in bold, red letters, ranting about Mom and Dad's money and your manufactured outrage is pointless.

What has TONY been doing?

Sir, any outrage is on you, I never have said you are anything but an honorable individual, if you think I am angery, you are very wrong...

Please do not shift your sales motivations to me, I figure you want a sale, why talk in such defensive tone? You seem to be reasonable and as such you are the type of person that would be good in car sales, many adjectives are used to describe your traits as such.

My dealers here are just fine and the owners are all local people in the community, for many years. I am working with one dealership. ThankYou.

Sales motivations? What are you even talking about? I thought we were discussing the price of the car?

*sigh* It's like trying to have three separate conversations at once. This is going nowhere, so I'm bowing of trying to reason with you.

CVP33 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Are we still talking about rhino anuses? If so, I'm a buyer at any price.

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post

Tony has one special one for sale, along with his confused mind...

Thanks, but you refuse to talk about the MSRP, you said everyone had all the info they needed, I pointed out that NOT every person ( the customer)
    Wants to hand over more money than is necessary, My last X never understood that either.

Thanks for the great discourse

fast_with_class is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 06 STS-V, 86&87 GN, 69 Riv

Well, I for one am buying as long as it stays within reason, thats why I put a deposit down. I am not giving more than MSRP, but if the MSRP is $5000 higher than estimated, whats the big deal? Whats that, like a monthly payment difference of $100 or less? I mean, yeah you are giving money away if you insist to pay more than MSRP, but I think an 8-10 percent price diff is well with-in affordability at these price levels. Oh, and I am not some rich kid who was handed money from daddy and yes, I have been divorced. Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by fast_with_class View Post
    Well, I for one am buying as long as it stays within reason, thats why I put a deposit down. I am not giving more than MSRP, but if the MSRP is $5000 higher than estimated, whats the big deal? Whats that, like a monthly payment difference of $100 or less? I mean, yeah you are giving money away if you insist to pay more than MSRP, but I think an 8-10 percent price diff is well with-in affordability at these price levels. Oh, and I am not some rich kid who was handed money from daddy and yes, I have been divorced. Twice.

Win.

Quote Originally Posted by cvp33

Quote Originally Posted by vperl View Post

Tony has one special one for sale, along with his confused mind...

Thanks, but you refuse to talk about the MSRP, you said everyone had all the info they needed, I pointed out that NOT every person ( the customer)
    Wants to hand over more money than is necessary, My last X never understood that either.

Thanks for the great discourse
    You're welcome.

Only one of us is confused here chief, and it isn't me- all I've been talking about in this thread is msrp, but you keep trailing off on tangents and ignoring the facts staring you in the face. Your stubborn refusal to comprehend that MSRP has already been revealed to all the magazines makes this conversation pointless. There is nothing for me to "disclose", because it's already out there.

Agh- I'm getting drawn back in already! Must.....stop......opening.....thread.......

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Post Re: First to say it: V2 reviews are boring.

I think the base price will be around $62,000 - $63,000 because of the great reviews, potential customer interest, and, even though we're going into a deeper recession, it looks like things are settling down (avoiding a full blown international crash).

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Certain people in this thread really annoy me, and Im sure others. I hope GM actually doesnt release the price until the very very last minute, in an effort to get these 2 complainers off the board. God help GM, if said complainers' V exhibits anything but perfection...

Facts. At $70k base, this car is still a steal, and Id still consider buying it, even knowing that the base will be around $60k... No, not just consider, Id have to be convinced NOT to buy it.

CBVLS6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): LS6 CTS-V

Ill agree with that... but honestly who the crap cares what most of these guys think?

Lots of them like cars that I wouldn't be caught dead in, opinions are opinions. I rather like the unrefined brutality of the V1 that many critics sneered at, but thats me. I don't really mind a car that will slam you into the wall if you mistreat it, makes one strive for excellence. If the V1 was the case in precedent for reviews of the V2, I think theres going to be some happy folks out there.

PLUS..... the mods baby, dont forget the mods!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.