Haha- Washington Times CTS-V Review - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Haha- Washington Times CTS-V Review in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Pounder Then BMW is going to set the new standard and all others will again start copying. ...
    JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Haha- Washington Times CTS-V Review

Quote Originally Posted by Pounder View Post
    Then BMW is going to set the new standard and all others will again start copying.
    I like the CTS-V for it's price, but nowhere is it close in quality to BMW. But that is why you pay less!!!
    What I also mis in a Cadillac is the tech toys like adaptive cruise control, front sensors and cameras, blind spot monitors etc... But maybe they have a reason not to have them as an option.
    There's a fundamental difference in powertrain philosophy as well, BMW lately seems to like their buzz-bomb motors. The E60's V10 makes no more useful torque or power than my E39's V8 until you get somewhere past 6000RPM. I really want better flexibility than that.

Some of the toys can be useful, but the Cadillac 'cockpit electronics' are otherwise better than the E60 BMW's. They seem to have made some fixes to the new 7er - more like what Audi's got - to move yet a bit further from iDrive, but we'll see how well it works in daily use.

As for quality, long-time Bimmerfolks would say that quality peaked with the E32 and E34 and has trended downhill since, and I'd add that interior design peaked with the E38 and E39 and has trended downhill as well. The new 7 looks like an improvement, we'll see where they go with the 5.

MacOSR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    BMW lately seems to like their buzz-bomb motors.
    The V10 in the M5/M6 is one of the most advanced motors ever produced. What makes it a "buzz-bomb motor"?

I know owners with nitrous, making insane power on stock internals with no problems for over 20,000 miles. So I don't know where this is coming from?

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by MacOSR View Post
    The V10 in the M5/M6 is one of the most advanced motors ever produced. What makes it a "buzz-bomb motor"?
    I think he was referring to the fact that power comes on very high in the RPM range for many BMW engines, not that it was buzzy (that V10 sounds great btw). Driving a bimmer provides a whole different experience versus driving an LS car with gobs of torque very low in the range. It's a driving preference thing...

Quote Originally Posted by MacOSR
    I know owners with nitrous, making insane power on stock internals with no problems for over 20,000 miles. So I don't know where this is coming from?
    ...on nitrous.

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Pounder View Post
    I really don't care but: who is copying who?
    The CTS is trying to achieve the same level of performance, comfort, fun an quality as the M5 offers, which is at the end of it's life cycle and will be replaced in 1-2 years.
    Then BMW is going to set the new standard and all others will again start copying.
    I like the CTS-V for it's price, but nowhere is it close in quality to BMW. But that is why you pay less!!!
    What I also mis in a Cadillac is the tech toys like adaptive cruise control, front sensors and cameras, blind spot monitors etc... But maybe they have a reason not to have them as an option.
    Actually, your wrong. The V2 has surpassed the M5 in every performance category. It's BMW that has a benchmark to shoot for; the CTS-V.

Have you read recent reviews? For the first time in modern history, they're all saying the V2's materials and fit and finish are equal too, or superior than, the competiton (BMW, Mercedes, Lexus).

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Spot on, Vrocks.

All the toys you mentioned, Pounder, such as Adaptive cruise, blind zone alert, front sensors and backup cameras are all available on certain Cadillac models (like the Escalade, DTS and STS). The CTS is Cadillac's entry level car, which means they have to draw a line at some point and put a ceiling on the price. If you're looking for more gadgets like blind zone alert and adaptive cruise, a more expensive model like the STS might be up your alley.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Pounder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Spot on, Vrocks.

All the toys you mentioned, Pounder, such as Adaptive cruise, blind zone alert, front sensors and backup cameras are all available on certain Cadillac models (like the Escalade, DTS and STS). The CTS is Cadillac's entry level car, which means they have to draw a line at some point and put a ceiling on the price. If you're looking for more gadgets like blind zone alert and adaptive cruise, a more expensive model like the STS might be up your alley.
    I would just like those options on the CTS-V! But who knows what the 2010 model will bring!

MacOSR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh View Post
    ...on nitrous.

http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-M5-Timeslip-7809.html

http://www.asrengineeringinc.com/

They are also working on a twin turbo for the M5/M6

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.