Will GMs current plight effect MSRP? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Will GMs current plight effect MSRP? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I was only pointing out shady dealers....
    dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: Will GMs current plight effect MSRP?

I was only pointing out shady dealers.

SoCal-VEE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V (Sold)...making room

Anderson Cooper 360 - Ten Most Wanted: Culprits of the Collapse

Quote Originally Posted by dqw1 View Post
    I was only pointing out shady dealers.

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Guys, guys......seriously.

GM has already all but told every magazine and Web Site what the price of the car will be. Changing market conditions, stock values and the credit market require solutions much more grand than raising the price of one limited production car by a few thousand bucks. If anything, it's the "meat and potatoes" cars like the Aveo, Malibu, G6 and V6 CTS that sell in huge volumes that will help foot the bill for rising material costs- raising invoice on those $500-$750 x 500,000 units will generate tons more cash for GM than than an extra $5,000 to the CTS-V on a paltry 6,000 units ($375mil versus $30mil for those keeping count at home). I'm sure they'll also be leveraging some incremental price increases in China (where they're selling more cars than in the US).

Relax, everyone. The 2009 CTS-V isn't even a drop in the bucket for GM from a financial standpoint. Even if the price does go up after the first year (which is likely), people who have preordered the car or buy the first year won't be affected.
    GM has some decisions to make. They may have no choice but to cut halo cars that lose money right now to stop the bleeding. ZR1 production has stopped with no explanation or sign of another start up, I personally think it is a quality issue, but i would not be shocked if it was cancelled either.

Knuguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

One thing to note, while stocks have fallen so have raw materials. Oil, copper, aluminum and most other metals are way down in cost and the US dollar is getting stronger. So while stocks look grim, the cost of raw materials for the cars will be less. Not that we'll see that in the sticker, but it is what it is.

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too).

Quote Originally Posted by Knuguy View Post
    One thing to note, while stocks have fallen so have raw materials. Oil, copper, aluminum and most other metals are way down in cost and the US dollar is getting stronger. So while stocks look grim, the cost of raw materials for the cars will be less. Not that we'll see that in the sticker, but it is what it is.
    Agreed. Buy GOLD now! You should see my 80's chain. I tripled my money!!! If I had an extra 10k - 100k, I would get an account with one of the on line trade companies (scott trade, ect.....anyone have good relations with one of them?) and trust myself. I am just a technician, BUT, I know a good deal when I see it.
    Start a poll...one question..... do you think GM is going BANKRUPT?......if not, my 1K is a good investment.
    PS- I'm drunk.
    PPS- If anybody from this forum ever runs for a gov't seat, you got my vote(except if you like 22's or your a lucky daughter).
    Blah, Blah, Blah. I love you all!
    Thank you, officer!

vperl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver

Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony
    Guys, guys......seriously.

GM has already all but told every magazine and Web Site what the price of the car will be. Changing market conditions, stock values and the credit market require solutions much more grand than raising the price of one limited production car by a few thousand bucks. If anything, it's the "meat and potatoes" cars like the Aveo, Malibu, G6 and V6 CTS that sell in huge volumes that will help foot the bill for rising material costs- raising invoice on those $500-$750 x 500,000 units will generate tons more cash for GM than than an extra $5,000 to the CTS-V on a paltry 6,000 units ($375mil versus $30mil for those keeping count at home). I'm sure they'll also be leveraging some incremental price increases in China (where they're selling more cars than in the US).

Relax, everyone. The 2009 CTS-V isn't even a drop in the bucket for GM from a financial standpoint. Even if the price does go up after the first year (which is likely), people

----------------------------------------------------------------Hate to agree with that guy from the Juice state, but he has a very good point...

Seems weree were told at one time GM was going to produce 8K vehicles if there was a demand....

If indeed GM is going into production in 30 days... it seems odd still no MSRP... but who cares?

Buying any vehicle is based upon the car and price.... looks good now, maybe not so good later.

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

After late Friday's news they might be changing the name before they put a price on it, "CTS-SRT"! Just rumors right now.

Norm

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

The Chevy Challenger? The Dodge Camaro?

Holy shit, the universe is going to explode.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by V-Love View Post
    Agreed. Buy GOLD now! You should see my 80's chain. I tripled my money!!! If I had an extra 10k - 100k, I would get an account with one of the on line trade companies (scott trade, ect.....anyone have good relations with one of them?) and trust myself. I am just a technician, BUT, I know a good deal when I see it.
    Start a poll...one question..... do you think GM is going BANKRUPT?......if not, my 1K is a good investment.
    PS- I'm drunk.
    PPS- If anybody from this forum ever runs for a gov't seat, you got my vote(except if you like 22's or your a lucky daughter).
    Blah, Blah, Blah. I love you all!
    Thank you, officer!
    I'm going to have to report you for PUI. Pull it over, bub.

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

Since my thread was closed in the STS-V forum by someone, i'll post here where it is a valid question. Aparently the owners of this forum don't want us talking about current PUBLIC / CONFIRMED news.

With GM seeking to partner up with Chrysler or Ford what is the future for the V2??? Maybe that is why pricing is not out yet. Thoughts.

Hopefully this doesn't get sensored... If I get banned mods... please refund my membership when it happens. If we can't openly talk about the company who makes all of our cars and their future and future products, what the use?

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I don't know why that thread was locked; usually it would have just been moved to "The Lounge" since it wasn't specifically about the STS-V. Anyhow, I believe the V2 will hit the lots by the end of November.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

there's already about 6 gm merge threads in the lounge

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    there's already about 6 gm merge threads in the lounge
    My bad. I looked for a specific one and didn't come up with any.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The R&D is done. The testing and tuning is done. Parts suppliers are involved, have been paid, and parts are sitting at LGR waiting for production to begin. At this point, choosing to NOT build the car would make all of those dollars a complete loss. The only situation I can imagine that would result in the CTS-V being canceled is if the LGR plant were closed in the next 17 days, but with the V6 CTS still selling extremely well that's not going to happen.

This is much ado about nothing. Here's an alternative theory: Maybe GM is keeping the price a secret to prevent MB and BMW from making adjustments to the packages and pricing of their AMGs and Ms until the V is already on the market?

As another poster on here would say- "Food for thought......"
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post

This is much ado about nothing. Here's an alternative theory: Maybe GM is keeping the price a secret to prevent MB and BMW from making adjustments to the packages and pricing of their AMGs and Ms until the V is already on the market?

As another poster on here would say- "Food for thought......"
    no. C nailed it. they're doing it to piss folks here off

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.