MSRP $59,025 ? That's what the Cadillac site suggests - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, MSRP $59,025 ? That's what the Cadillac site suggests in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; For the record, any V6 CTS offerred at $60k is **EXACTLY** the type of over-pricing that some of us fear. ...
    Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: MSRP $59,025 ? That's what the Cadillac site suggests

For the record, any V6 CTS offerred at $60k is **EXACTLY** the type of over-pricing that some of us fear. What objective person under 60 would buy a V6 CTS over an M3 for $60k?

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

How about guys who like a smooth, quiet, luxurious, roomy ride from point A to point B, and haven't been on a roller coaster for 20 years?

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    For the record, any V6 CTS offerred at $60k is **EXACTLY** the type of over-pricing that some of us fear. What objective person under 60 would buy a V6 CTS over an M3 for $60k?
    Well we can't seem to build a car on the site's page for more than 53K. Not sure what the Cadillac site has going on but it wouldn't be the first time some kind of error is there. It is also possible for some reason that price could reflect the upcoming CTS-V, but in the past four years they have never placed V pricing within the same area as the regular models.
    Anyone want to guess how much added price if any the CTS wagon is going to bring to the table since they are going to build it ?

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Pricing is not in the Dealer ordering system yet, nor is it on the GMPricing web site.

There is also no rebate on the 2009 CTS-V, since none have even been built yet. The 4.9% offer is on V6 CTSs, and only for those who give up the $2,000 Purchase Bonus Cash.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

bruff1977 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

There goes Tony... Squashing my dreams, bursting the bubble... Seriously, why post on the consumer website and it's not even in the dealer network?

Varsity is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

Think what its like for us here in England, its reported to going to cost £60k, thats $110k!!

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I'm not sure what they're doing with those price "ranges" on the web site- I've never seen them do that before. I will say that I think you guys are getting all excited for nothing, because if you cruise over to the STS page, you'll see it says "$46,725 - $78,305". Next check the V-Series page, and you'll find that the V-Series STS starts at $83,375 (not $78,305), which would seem to shoot down the theory that the max pricing shown in the CTS section reflects the CTS-V's price. The same test works on the XLR - the prices in the XLR section have nothing to do with the V model.

I have no idea what's afoot at cadillac.com, but I don't think it's what you guys think it is.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

And the voice of reason appears.

jasaero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 BLK Cadillac CTS-V

Maybe the same person looking for the larger 535i, but who finds out a sexier looking car can be had with a much higher option level for the same price??

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    I have no idea what's afoot at cadillac.com, but I don't think it's what you guys think it is.
    Seems like I saw something similar to this post

Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    Maybe the same person looking for the larger 535i, but who finds out a sexier looking car can be had with a much higher option level for the same price??
    A luxary premium is half componentry, half reputation. It will take multiple successful launches from Cadillac to sway public perception without a price advantage. This goes right back to the STS and XLR being way over-priced.

jasaero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 BLK Cadillac CTS-V

A luxary premium is half componentry, half reputation. It will take multiple successful launches from Cadillac to sway public perception without a price advantage. This goes right back to the STS and XLR being way over-priced.
    I don't think it's 50/50. I am betting the new CTS could sell better than most 5 series competitors TODAY if it had the same pricing and options available. It's really a better car than the STS in almost everyway. Only missing a V8 and a few options. With the V8 and a few options I am quite certain the CTS could easily outsell everything except maybe the 5-series and E-class. The STS has already outsold all except those two a lot of months since it came out I am sure as it is currently right in the same ballpark as everyone other than those two. Only the GS has a slight advantage at the moment. The M35/45 did better last year, but it was pretty new still then and isn't really priced as high as the rest.

I would say reputation is more 40% and it isn't even reputation so much as image. Lexus is the only lux company selling it's volume based on reputation. The rest sell according to their image in the marketplace more than anything. MB would have nose dived in sales by now if they were sold on reputation as they soiled their reputation big time over the last decade. They retained their image through it all though. Really MB and BMW hold in this class right now because everything is so close that no particular car really stands out ahead of all the rest. I think if the CTS were upgraded and upcontented for the price bracket of the cars it actually competes with on size that it would stand out in that category enough to get really close to MB and BMW sales numbers on their E and 5. I don't think they would even need a DOHC V8 to make that happen either if they tuned one of the LS engines correctly for the V8 version. Take the savings and apply it to the trim and content of the car from base all the way up. Use real leather, wood, metals, and carbon fibre on the interior and stuff. This sort of thing might happen in a few years also when the BLS or BTS or whatever they end up calling the RWD small caddy comes to the US. My guess is though that they will just narrow the price range of the small car, while starting it at about $30k or just under without increasing the CTS price much from where it is. We'll see I guess.

[QUOTE=jasaero;1648626]I don't think it's 50/50. I am betting the new CTS could sell better than most 5 series competitors TODAY if it had the same pricing and options available.

I would say reputation is more 40% and it isn't even reputation so much as image. QUOTE]

I think we are speaking the same language... whether you call it luxuary or image... it's the intangible part. I would simply argue that the intangible part needs to be less for Caddy than it does Merc, BMW, or Lexus.

As far as outselling, I think you will be proven right but again the price gets most of the credit. The CTS has been heavily discounted relative to the others I would assume based upon recent promotions.

Varsity is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

I bet theres a room at Cadillac HQ where they just sit and LTAO at us here.

Amusing doesn't even begin to describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsity View Post
    I bet theres a room at Cadillac HQ where they just sit and LTAO at us here.

Amusing doesn't even begin to describe it.
    Unfortunately I seriously doubt anyone at GM is laughing right now

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.