Will Dealers Allow Test Drives?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Will Dealers Allow Test Drives? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; When the V1 first appeared, Cadillac dealers did not allow test drives. Buy on specs alone. Can we expect the ...
    BaseBoy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Will Dealers Allow Test Drives?

When the V1 first appeared, Cadillac dealers did not allow test drives. Buy on specs alone. Can we expect the same policy with the V2?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Flyboy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Will Dealers Allow Test Drives?

Just an FYI My dealer in Michigan tossed me the keys and said go for a drive. I did and bought the car the following day.

330toSRT8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

You can always find at least one dealership willing to let you test drive. I've seen people test driving Lambos and Ferraris, which are obviously significantly more expensive. I was able to test drive the CTS-V V1 in CA shortly after it came out.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I've never bought a car without a test drive. Of course, on the high-dollar vehicles the salesman usually rides along.

Jayrcr3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I hope that if you are serious about buying a V2 that the dealer would let you drive it. With that being said I would think they should be able to tell a serious buyer from a joyrider.

EricVonHa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

go to the test drive in your Caddy, Vette or high powered German import, and you will be viewed favorably for a test drive.

If you go there in your Kia ? Forget it!

Art138 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS V

My contact at Bayview Cadillac in Ft. Laud claims that if you have a current V, they will allow a test drive provided a salesperson accompanies.....

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

If they want to sell me a car, they will "allow" a test drive. The End.

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

I may not be able to pick up my V2 immediately once it's delivered. That being said, if my dealer allows ANYONE to test drive it, the deal is off. I gave my salesperson specific instructions and my deposit justifies my request.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

If the car is already spoken for, a test drive is absolutely out of the question. Our technicians are required to test drive all new cars before we sell them to check for quality, tire balance and operation, but they never hot-rod them. I'll be calling several of my customers who are "on the fence" about the new V to come in and look at Chris's when it comes in, but sitting in it or driving it is strictly out of the question.

As far as units that are actually being offered for sale, I recommend dressing halfway decent and acting professional. I'm not speaking specifically about myself, but I will tell you that most Salespeople or Managers are less likely to let a person who looks like a joyrider take the keys to a 556hp car- here's what can happen when joyriders test drive fast cars: Audi R8 in a canal

If you drive up in a decent car and act like a serious buyer, most places should be happy to let you take it for a drive. If you pull up in a crappy Civic wearing dirty jeans and say "Grab the keys to that V- let's go see what this baby'll do!!!", you might not be so successful.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

csp3000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    If the car is already spoken for, a test drive is absolutely out of the question. Our technicians are required to test drive all new cars before we sell them to check for quality, tire balance and operation, but they never hot-rod them. I'll be calling several of my customers who are "on the fence" about the new V to come in and look at Chris's when it comes in, but sitting in it or driving it is strictly out of the question.
    Thats right you can look all you want but you are not getting in or taking a ride in my 09 with out me...

Man I can't wait...

StangCrazy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    If you drive up in a decent car and act like a serious buyer, most places should be happy to let you take it for a drive. If you pull up in a crappy Civic wearing dirty jeans and say "Grab the keys to that V- let's go see what this baby'll do!!!", you might not be so successful.
    I must say I totally disagree with this statement. I hate it when I walk into a store where I am judged before a sales person even says Hi to me.

They all think the same thing...young guy, dressed in a jeans, t-shirt, and flops can't afford anything here when the truth is, I spend 5 days a week dressed in $1000 suits, make a LARGE 6 figure income, and to be quite frank, on my two days off from work, I want to be comfortable and the above attire is comfortable for me.

I own a very nice house in a nice area, drive a decent car (08 Trailblazer SS) because it could tow my trailer and race bikes yet while giving me 400hp on a day-to-day basis. IF I am going to give that to my wife to drive and get the V for myself, I don't want to put on my pressed pants, polo shirt, and nice shoes and then drive my 2007 Lexus to the dealer just so I can be treated right.

Bottom line, it should not matter how you are dressed or what you drive up in; if it is a sales person is worth dealing with, they should ask enough qualifing questions to determine weather or not the person they are talking to is capable of affording the car they are looking at and then use their best judgement based off building a rapport with their customer to determine if a test drive is appropriate or not.

Sorry for the long post, but this is the story of my life and it pisses me off!

I hear you brother. Prior to getting into Auto sales I ran my own retail store in Orlando and made great money, but I had a ponytail and tattoos that showed in a T-Shirt. The same people who would fall all over themselves helping me when I was in my tie would follow me like a shoplifter when I had my hair down and my ink showing. I didn't mean to imply that prequalifying someone based on appearance is fair or right, just that it happens.

Every time a hot new performance car comes out, Dealers are inundated by joyriders who have no intention of buying, but just want to go peel out in someone else's car. The truth is that most Salespeople and Managers take your appearance into account when deciding whether or not you're one of those people, as well as whether to hand over the keys to a $60,000 vehicle. I wasn't implying that everyone who can afford one is going to go shopping in Armani, just that it couldn't hurt to toss on a golf shirt instead of the wifebeater before heading in to take a test drive.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

There you have it, folks. Right from Tony's mouth. The V will be priced at $60,000. Yay!

Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.