Will Dealers Allow Test Drives? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Will Dealers Allow Test Drives? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by csp3000 Thats right you can look all you want but you are not getting in or taking ...
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Will Dealers Allow Test Drives?

Quote Originally Posted by csp3000 View Post
    Thats right you can look all you want but you are not getting in or taking a ride in my 09 with out me...

Man I can't wait...

You might have to change your signature again Chris, because your TPW date got moved up to 11/3. If it sticks, that means your car will get here mid-November instead of December.

Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

csp3000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    You might have to change your signature again Chris, because your TPW date got moved up to 11/3. If it sticks, that means your car will get here mid-November instead of December.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

I'm not saying who, because they might get into some kind of trouble, but a local dealership has already offered me the chance to swap my STS-V for a day to drive an 09 CTS-V and see what I think of it. Now this will certainly be after all initial orders a filled and they have a car to do it with, but still a fair gesture.

Z06CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I didn't have any problems..

My local dealer, that closed after Katrina. Let me drive three different V's (2 blacks, 1 silver) before I picked one. I would hope that the remaining local Caddy dealer would do the same. Good Luck...

bakersdozen is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by StangCrazy View Post
    I must say I totally disagree with this statement. I hate it when I walk into a store where I am judged before a sales person even says Hi to me.

They all think the same thing...young guy, dressed in a jeans, t-shirt, and flops can't afford anything here when the truth is, I spend 5 days a week dressed in $1000 suits, make a LARGE 6 figure income, and to be quite frank, on my two days off from work, I want to be comfortable and the above attire is comfortable for me.
    Not to be mean my friend, but actions have consequences. Yes, it's a free country and you're entitled to wear what you feel is comfortable. However, society does have expectations that aren't going to change just to make you happy. If you want to test drive a $60k car, or eat at a fine dining restaurant, or attend the opera, don't expect to be able to waltz in with your grunge look and get the same level of attention and respect as someone who took the time and effort to dress appropriately for the occasion. Is it fair, no. Is it always the correct indicator of which person is the best customer, no. It is the reality, and not likely to change just because Gen X and Y like to be lazy and comfortable (and I'm in that catgeory so I can throw stones).

onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

I bought my V at Ed Morse Sawgrass, they let me and my biz partner test drive it-he was heavier on the pedal than me. I bought mine there, just not that one.
    If I could not test drive a car, I would not consider buying it. I saw a show on SpeedTV where Mekhi Phifer, he was a doc on ER (died a few weeks back) got to test drive a Ferrari 599 GTB for about an hour (he bought the car), not sure if they would let me do so,,,

BTW, Tony, I spoke to Chris today, he will be out of town when his car is delivered, so he asked me to pick it up, much grasses senor!

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

SHOTGUN!!!!!

heh.

HPCC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by bakersdozen View Post
    Not to be mean my friend, but actions have consequences. Yes, it's a free country and you're entitled to wear what you feel is comfortable. However, society does have expectations that aren't going to change just to make you happy. If you want to test drive a $60k car, or eat at a fine dining restaurant, or attend the opera, don't expect to be able to waltz in with your grunge look and get the same level of attention and respect as someone who took the time and effort to dress appropriately for the occasion. Is it fair, no. Is it always the correct indicator of which person is the best customer, no. It is the reality, and not likely to change just because Gen X and Y like to be lazy and comfortable (and I'm in that catgeory so I can throw stones).
    Yes, it's all about respect; if you want some, show some. True, they don't know you, but that's the point. Dressing decently while visiting a finer establishment--especially for the first time, shows that you respect the place and the people that work there and they would do well to treat you in kind.

csp3000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)

Quote Originally Posted by onebadcad View Post
    BTW, Tony, I spoke to Chris today, he will be out of town when his car is delivered, so he asked me to pick it up, much grasses senor!
    That was a good one Darren. But again if you want to get in my 09 I am going to have to be there.
    It will be watched...

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Gotcha covered, Chris.

Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Is that TaVern?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Gotcha covered, Chris.

Those dudes are weaker than circus lemonade, two-hit fight, I biotch slap 'em and they hit the ground. I will be there soon, make sure Chris's V2 is shiny and purdy!!!, oh, and a full tank of 101 octane would be gracious.

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    SHOTGUN!!!!!

heh.
    You can drive it too!!! We all can!!!

Yay.

Woot! Woot! Everyone is invited, Tony is paying first-class airfares, six-star hotels, some of that there Filet Mignon, 21-year scotch and drifting in Chris's V2!!! It will be a great time courtesy of Plaza Cadillac----TONY ROCKS!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.