2009 CTS-V Sales Consultant Details pdf - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2009 CTS-V Sales Consultant Details pdf in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; "CTS-V Key Message: The Fastest Sedan in the World." I would think that 203 (M5) is faster then 198 Also, ...
    MacOSR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 2009 CTS-V Sales Consultant Details pdf

"CTS-V Key Message: The Fastest Sedan in the World."

I would think that 203 (M5) is faster then 198

Also, the M5 tranny is not an auto with manual shift mode. It is a manual with an auto shift mode. Kinda surprised they would make these basic errors in this document.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

They're only errors if you define "fast" and "manual" a certain way. 0-60 is how most people define "fast": Show me a stock M5 that will do 0-60 in 4 seconds flat, and you can dispute their claim that the CTS-V is faster.

As far as the manual/automatic nomenclature, I think most people other than real tech-heads would refer to a transmission without a clutch pedal or moving gear shift knob to be "manual". I imagine that their point was that the CTS-V offers a "true" manual with a clutch pedal and actual rowing of the gears for people who prefer that to "tapping" their way through the gears.

I knew when I posted this that someone was going to try and dispute some silly, minute detail. It's amazing how nitpicky people get when a Cadillac runs circles around their beloved imports.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    They're only errors if you define "fast" and "manual" a certain way. 0-60 is how most people define "fast": Show me a stock M5 that will do 0-60 in 4 seconds flat, and you can dispute their claim that the CTS-V is faster.

Might be 'nit picking', but has anyone gotten a production V2 to 4 seconds yet?

Actually, yes: Road & Track got a 3.9 out of the auto in their latest test.

LINK
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Actually, yes: Road & Track got a 3.9 out of the auto in their latest test.

LINK
    wow, that is a big jump from the tests a few weeks ago. those are not GM's numbers? wheewwwwww......

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It's funny how many little things have changed over the development of the car, and also how different printed materials differ on some features.

-The brochure says it'll have "Extended Mobility" (read: Runflat) tires, but our Sales Training guide doesn't.
    -The car I sat in at NAIAS in Detroit (and every test mule I've seen) has a power tilt/telescope wheel, while the brochure says it's manual.
    -I was told that they weren't limiting the top speed on either model, but now they're saying that the 175mph limit on the Auto is to limit the transmission output shaft speed.
    -Black Ice was listed as a color in my original info packet, but has since been removed

.....and many others. It just goes to show that when it comes to options, until it's sitting on the lot you've got to take everything with a grain of salt.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, as well. A lot of conflicting information on some of the smaller details.

Quote Originally Posted by MacOSR View Post

Also, the M5 tranny is not an auto with manual shift mode. It is a manual with an auto shift mode. Kinda surprised they would make these basic errors in this document.
    Yeah, when I read that part, my immediate reaction was also, "It's not an automatic." Oh well.

mfrazstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, 2009 Escalade ESV

Thanks Tony and Razl for the great info. Is this a brochure available to be given out at a Cadillac dealership? Also, since the thread title mentions a PDF, is there a file that someone could post a link to?

It's a sales training brochure that's only sent to Dealers. They put the .pdf file on the Dealer training web site, and also send us hard copies for the Salespeople.

Normally these books don't get seen by the public, so I'm half expecting to get a nasty phone call from GM telling me to pull it down .
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

jasaero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 BLK Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by MacOSR View Post

The M5 is limited to 155mph unless you have the resriction removed though.

To the layman any transmission that shifts automatically for you until you tell the car to let you shift is an Auto with a manual mode. To those more in the know on how the various modern transmission works that comment is silly, but it technically accurate. If you aren't talking about the technology behind different transmissions, any tranny that shifts itself is an auto in reality.

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

Thanks for posting! As usual, it looks like they made a few small mistakes in the marketing literature - like "a low horsepower to weight ratio". It's a low pound per horsepower ratio. But great info none the less!

0-60 is a measure of how quick a car vs. how fast. top speed is usually the measure of fast, though track time can be as well. The CTS-V is clearly faster than the M5 on the ring, nso it is a legitimate claim.

Tony - are extended mobility tires run flats, or "all season" versions of summer performance tires? All season F1's don't exist, though the manufacturer claims they work in minimal snow and cold (blatant lie IMO).

MacOSR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

That would be a quicker 0-60, not faster. Faster is speed, Quicker is time

I don't know if I would say that the CTS-V runs circles around an M5. If the V2 CTS-V doesn't have all the problems that the V1 did then it would be an option to the M5.

I knew when I posted this that someone was going to try and dispute some silly, minute detail. It's amazing how nitpicky people get when a Cadillac runs circles around their beloved imports.
    You are barking up the wrong tree here. I also had an 04 CTS-V until about a year ago. It was my winter beater Had way too many warranty problems with it so I got rid of it. I hope Caddy has done it right this time and will stand behind their product. It would be a breath of fresh air and I would consider getting another V if it holds up.

I hope you don't use that "silly, minute detail" in a sales pitch: Because it is wrong!

jimbo1320 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2010

Thanks for the info Tony. According to some of the preliminary reports the auto or the standard was not a option so you could order ether at no extra cost like on the vettes. Oh well. Also the rear axle ratio may be 3.23 for the auto.
    It also apears the option list is getting longer at least thats my thoughts. Guess the first gen came in basiclly one configuration so thats what I Kinda thought the new one would be like. I'll just have to order the works.
    One thing I was hoping for was black Ice as a color.
    Peace

BigFred is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Black 2014 Vsport Premium

Man they do all the research for ya Tony, not bad. Makes me wonder how most salesman I deal with don't know any of this info about the cars they sell .

Quote Originally Posted by BigFred View Post
    Man they do all the research for ya Tony, not bad. Makes me wonder how most salesman I deal with don't know any of this info about the cars they sell .
    It does pay to be a step ahead now since customers have access to the internet. (Unless you are the blue genie lol)

jashearer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2006 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by SLPR 6.0L View Post
    Thanks.
    It may be a little chunky, but it has comparable interior dimensions to E class and 5 series sedans.
    Which it still out pudges by 200 lbs each...

Superchargers are heavy...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.