MSRP ? why the big secret?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, MSRP ? why the big secret? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I am sure there is a greeat reason why the MSRp on the V has not been released by GM. ...
    vperl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver

MSRP ? why the big secret?

I am sure there is a greeat reason why the MSRp on the V has not been released by GM. I have my suspisions, but not wanting to mention them maybe best. Does anyone have an EDUCATED reason or guess ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: MSRP ? why the big secret?

The option package configuration has changed three times in the last month, and there are also a few pre-production cars running around with wood trim (which is currently not shown as an option).

My educated guess would be that they're still finalizing how the options will be packaged and priced.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

parttimer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

What about all them people that ordered one? What happens to their packages!

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by parttimer View Post
    Not a proper discussion topic for this forum.

The items available as options have not changed- just the way they're grouped. Originally, there was a "Performance Collection" that included the Nav, Suede wheel and shifter, polished wheels and Recaros. Those options are still there, but they're separate "free flow" options now (including the suede, which used to be only available with the collection).

If your Dealer has ordered you one with the options you want, you'll get exactly what you ordered.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

My locally delaership is showing on their web page that you can build your car but the only thing missing is color choices and of course, prices. I was able to get a real good idea of what the standard equipment is. It won't take many added options to get what you want since the base model will be pretty good.

lusterblade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Maybe they're trying to gauge the market on how much Coupe-Vs or Wagon-Vs they can sell to distribute the costs. Also what other programs could use the powertrains and suspensions such as z28, gxp, etc. That way its a potentially lower price for the consumer but without hurting GM's bottomline.

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Quote Originally Posted by parttimer View Post
    Jerry beat me to it.....too funny

F

jerrycecco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Why is GM stalling, easy...they dont know what they're doing....
    We are know the 2009 V stats are amazing (hopefully everthing we have seen/read is true)
    But the marketplace is changing, there's now ALOT of sub 5 sec sedans on the market...
    Price it at $75k or more, most will pass, price it at $60k dealers will marku to $75k++ and we'll pass...
    Personally, I'll look at the car 2yrs from now at 40% less..... I did with my 2004 CTS-V.
    BMW, Audi, and others will then release their V killers.... and on it goes....
    GM should be careful with this car, IE Ford's 2007 GT500 stickered @ $46k and dealers makring them to $75k+
    now you can buy a GT500 for under sticker.....

vperl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver

Quote Originally Posted by jerrycecco View Post
    We are know the 2009 V stats are amazing (hopefully everthing we have seen/read is true)
    But the marketplace is changing, there's now ALOT of sub 5 sec sedans on the market...
    Price it at $75k or more, most will pass, price it at $60k dealers will marku to $75k++ and we'll pass...
    Personally, I'll look at the car 2yrs from now at 40% less..... I did with my 2004 CTS-V.
    GM should be careful with this car, IE Ford's 2007 GT500 stickered @ $46k and dealers makring them to $75k+

__________________________________________________ ______

Exactly, as I have tried to say.. The HYPE from those that have vested interest in big sticker, not the CONSUMER, the guy that BUYS,the vehicle...
    With actual money... I love America.... Free Speech is a wonnderful thing.

caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I hope they don't make the mistake they made on the XLR-V. Folks paid over $100,000 for the first ones then they sat on lots.

Late in the first year I bought a new one for $77,000 and the dealer was thrilled to sell it since he had 3 more sitting. If GM gets big eyes on this car, I will back off, keep my M5 and let others take the hit.

v84life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver

Talked with my dealer today and his best guess is pricing in Oct. When they start building them... Just like there expirence with the Escalade hybrid the most current new offering. They didn't get pricing till they were in production....

GM is holding as long as possible for this one. They must get it right......65k out the door nicely equipped.....

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by vperl View Post
    Exactly, as I have tried to say.. The HYPE from those that have vested interest in big sticker, not the CONSUMER, the guy that BUYS,the vehicle...
    With actual money... I love America.... Free Speech is a wonnderful thing.
    Ok guys, either you have not really been reading this forum for the months we've been posting all this info or you're simply choosing to ignore it.

The 09V will be selling for about 65K, maybe a few K more or less depending upon how you want it optioned. Not 55K - Not 75K. Please dump those numbers from here on out because you're not being realistic based on the information that has been put out so far since NAIAS 08.

Now whether some dealership(s) get the initial allotment of cars and try to sell them for more than MSRP is a function of the Dealership(s), not GM / Cadillac. They no longer control the selling price of the car once it's shipped to a dealership. It is the dealerships themselves attempting to get more for the car over MSRP and that doesn't matter if it's GM, Ford, or whoever. If you come across a dealership trying to do this then Go Somewhere Else ! There already has been / is two dealerships represented within this forum who have offered BELOW MSRP for the car, not 10K over. So please stop with the paranoid posts about overpricing the car and how you're going to go buy something else if GM doesn't meet your pricing desires. They are not stupid, they recognize they need to sell the cars, and as it has been their intent all along they are offering a very competitive if not superior product for Less than the competition, not as much or more as you keep wanting to infer.

If you have not already spoken to a dealership / salesman and put a deposit down on one of these cars then the odds are you're going to be waiting several months before you can even attempt to buy one because the serious buyers have already beat you by placing a deposit and are in line to get their car. The initial shipments will be only a few cars to various dealerships. In most cases they have more people waiting in line with deposits down than they will be getting initially. My local dealership has 11 people with deposits on the cars in line as of right now, possibly more since the last time I spoke with them. So some of those folks are going to have to wait, even with a deposit down.

So please stop with the "overpriced" ranting. It is simply not being realistic. If you can afford to purchase a 65K dollar car and have a few months you can wait to get one then you have nothing to be concerned about. If you can't afford that price (possibly as low as 60-62k) then you need to go elsewhere because that's going to be the ballpark of the pricing. Since you don't already have a deposit down, then you also need to be prepared to wait several months even if you can pay the 65K price because it's going to be a few months before the orders are filled for the folks who do already have a deposit down and are waiting. If you can't wait that long then go buy something else. I hear an 06 M5 can be had for about what this car will cost new.

Great post, CIWS.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Flyboy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Buy Ford or something else. This is gonna' be an excellent car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.