MSRP ? why the big secret? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, MSRP ? why the big secret? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by vperl Cannot speak for others, but since this is my money, that will buy or not buy ...
    CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Re: MSRP ? why the big secret?

Quote Originally Posted by vperl View Post
    Cannot speak for others, but since this is my money, that will buy or not buy the vehicle, I reserve the right to question anything I might wish .

Others may disagree, but unless they pay for the vehicle I purchase, maybe they ought to be a tad more civil in tone
    Questioning is fine. Especially in the case of such a large purchase. But when the same questions keep getting asked over and over again despite being answered multiple times, it gets old.

vperl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver

question

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    Questioning is fine. Especially in the case of such a large purchase. But when the same questions keep getting asked over and over again despite being answered multiple times, it gets old.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You so much, for being allowed to question my Purchase of vehicle that sells in the unknow range of 60-70K. the vehicle is great, but still questions are around to be asked.... sorry to be so much trouble.

Re: question

Quote Originally Posted by vperl View Post
    Thank You so much, for being allowed to question my Purchase of vehicle that sells in the unknow range of 60-70K. the vehicle is great, but still questions are around to be asked.... sorry to be so much trouble.
    You're quite welcome. Perhaps you might want to question the purchase of a Jag XF ? It's potential range would be from 50-65K, depending upon base model and options chosen there as well.

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

this thread

:facepalm:

Quote Originally Posted by lawfive View Post
    this thread

:facepalm:

Here you go Jerry

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

lol

Varsity is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    Although I thought your comment was right on, it seems like the loudest shouts come from people who challenge people on a high MSRP. I have plenty of money but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy a great value. Anything above $60k does not make the V1 the same value as the V2 IMO for a number of reasons.

Amen brother!

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

The first CTS-V was a great "value" because it had a crappy rear end, cheaper interior than a V6 CTS, wonky shifter and a parts bin engine heisted from the Z06.

I find it hilarious that everyone complained about all the shortcomings in the first Gen CTS-V, but then are shocked and outraged when GM has the audacity to actually charge a little extra for all the things they re-engineered and upgraded this time. This may come as a shock to some people, but 6 piston calipers, slotted rotors, superchargers, intercoolers, 19" wheels, PS2 tires, LED dash tracers, Recaro seats, gloss black trim, suede steering wheels, electric parking brakes and magnetic shocks cost money.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    The first CTS-V was a great "value" because it had a crappy rear end, cheaper interior than a V6 CTS, wonky shifter and a parts bin engine heisted from the Z06.

I find it hilarious that everyone complained about all the shortcomings in the first Gen CTS-V, but then are shocked and outraged when GM has the audacity to actually charge a little extra for all the things they re-engineered and upgraded this time. This may come as a shock to some people, but 6 piston calipers, slotted rotors, superchargers, intercoolers, 19" wheels, PS2 tires, LED dash tracers, Recaro seats, gloss black trim, suede steering wheels, electric parking brakes and magnetic shocks cost money.
    How dare you, sir?

Take that back.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

It's true though- the Gen 1 CTS-V has the exact same LS6 and LS2 from the Corvettes, including the cam, heads and pistons, whereas the Gen 2's LSA is a completely unique configuration of the LS Engine (different valves, pistons, cam, supercharger, etc). Every time you make an additional variant of something there's some extra cost associated with building it.

Taking that into consideration, along with all the other upgrades over a V6 model that the first gen didn't have, and I just don't understand why people can't fathom that the price increase over the base model is going to be a little higher than last time.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    I have to confess, as much as it annoys me I have a strange infatuation with watching people argue over the future.

Almost as much fun as listening to people argue about the past, as if it could be changed.
    You and me both... kind of like watching a horrific crash.

thanks for the good read this morning folks

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post

It's true though- the Gen 1 CTS-V has the exact same LS6 and LS2 from the Corvettes, including the cam, heads and pistons, whereas the Gen 2's LSA is a completely unique configuration of the LS Engine (different valves, pistons, cam, supercharger, etc). Every time you make an additional variant of something there's some extra cost associated with building it.

Taking that into consideration, along with all the other upgrades over a V6 model that the first gen didn't have, and I just don't understand why people can't fathom that the price increase over the base model is going to be a little higher than last time.

It is a toned down Corvette motor, not a Northstar motor built for Cadillac. New generation, same formula.

And everyone expects a price increase, just something reasonable. I don't know how many times I have to cite the STS-V and XLR-V and say "These cars are simply not worth their sticker prices". I don't want to say that about the V2, because I simply won't buy it. This is why people like me care about MSRP right now...

Bigron is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

I am eager to hear the MSRP so I can divide it by two and know how much money I need to have in 3 years to buy it.

But joking aside, I watch gmpricing.com in hopes someone leaks it early there.

mcerino is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe,XLR, Escalade, CTS Coupe AWD

I think that GM has really messed up on releasing the pricing on the new CTS-v

In my case, if i had known the price a couple months ago, i would have comitted to my dealer who offered me his first allocated V. But without pricing i didn't want to do that since rumors were off by almos 15k on zr-1.

now with the economy, I'll wait no matter what. So the delay in pricing info has cost my purchase, and i know a bunch of people who have gone from being in the market to out of it(or delayed would be more appropriate)

My dealer choose not to even order his allocation that's how bad our local economy has gotten.

justboughtacaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade, 2009 CTS4 DI

I am currently on the Cadillac website and theres a $2000.00 on a 2009 cts-v for the western region and the 2009 CTS price range is from $36,880-$59,025. The base CTS is the $36,880 and since the AWD DI is $41,080 then $59,025 is your V not including a 2000 rebate. Can someone confirm this for me cause i am seing it with my own eyes but no rumor of pricing yet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.