MSRP ? why the big secret? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, MSRP ? why the big secret? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by CIWS Ok guys, either you have not really been reading this forum for the months we've been ...
    caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: MSRP ? why the big secret?

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    Ok guys, either you have not really been reading this forum for the months we've been posting all this info or you're simply choosing to ignore it.

The 09V will be selling for about 65K, maybe a few K more or less depending upon how you want it optioned. Not 55K - Not 75K. Please dump those numbers from here on out because you're not being realistic based on the information that has been put out so far since NAIAS 08.

Now whether some dealership(s) get the initial allotment of cars and try to sell them for more than MSRP is a function of the Dealership(s), not GM / Cadillac. They no longer control the selling price of the car once it's shipped to a dealership. It is the dealerships themselves attempting to get more for the car over MSRP and that doesn't matter if it's GM, Ford, or whoever. If you come across a dealership trying to do this then Go Somewhere Else ! There already has been / is two dealerships represented within this forum who have offered BELOW MSRP for the car, not 10K over. So please stop with the paranoid posts about overpricing the car and how you're going to go buy something else if GM doesn't meet your pricing desires. They are not stupid, they recognize they need to sell the cars, and as it has been their intent all along they are offering a very competitive if not superior product for Less than the competition, not as much or more as you keep wanting to infer.

If you have not already spoken to a dealership / salesman and put a deposit down on one of these cars then the odds are you're going to be waiting several months before you can even attempt to buy one because the serious buyers have already beat you by placing a deposit and are in line to get their car. The initial shipments will be only a few cars to various dealerships. In most cases they have more people waiting in line with deposits down than they will be getting initially. My local dealership has 11 people with deposits on the cars in line as of right now, possibly more since the last time I spoke with them. So some of those folks are going to have to wait, even with a deposit down.

So please stop with the "overpriced" ranting. It is simply not being realistic. If you can afford to purchase a 65K dollar car and have a few months you can wait to get one then you have nothing to be concerned about. If you can't afford that price (possibly as low as 60-62k) then you need to go elsewhere because that's going to be the ballpark of the pricing. Since you don't already have a deposit down, then you also need to be prepared to wait several months even if you can pay the 65K price because it's going to be a few months before the orders are filled for the folks who do already have a deposit down and are waiting. If you can't wait that long then go buy something else. I hear an 06 M5 can be had for about what this car will cost new.
    Thanks for the advice, but take it from someone who has pre-ordered Vipers, Vettes and other cars where there were all sorts of forecasts about price that proved to be way off. I hope you are right but you have no more idea what this car will cost than any of us.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by caddiedrummer View Post
    Thanks for the advice, but take it from someone who has pre-ordered Vipers, Vettes and other cars where there were all sorts of forecasts about price that proved to be way off. I hope you are right but you have no more idea what this car will cost than any of us.
    Just wait and see.

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Ok guys, either you have not really been reading this forum for the months we've been posting all this info or you're simply choosing to ignore it.

The 09V will be selling for about 65K, maybe a few K more or less depending upon how you want it optioned. Not 55K - Not 75K. Please dump those numbers from here on out because you're not being realistic based on the information that has been put out so far since NAIAS 08.

Now whether some dealership(s) get the initial allotment of cars and try to sell them for more than MSRP is a function of the Dealership(s), not GM / Cadillac. They no longer control the selling price of the car once it's shipped to a dealership. It is the dealerships themselves attempting to get more for the car over MSRP and that doesn't matter if it's GM, Ford, or whoever. If you come across a dealership trying to do this then Go Somewhere Else ! There already has been / is two dealerships represented within this forum who have offered BELOW MSRP for the car, not 10K over. So please stop with the paranoid posts about overpricing the car and how you're going to go buy something else if GM doesn't meet your pricing desires. They are not stupid, they recognize they need to sell the cars, and as it has been their intent all along they are offering a very competitive if not superior product for Less than the competition, not as much or more as you keep wanting to infer.

If you have not already spoken to a dealership / salesman and put a deposit down on one of these cars then the odds are you're going to be waiting several months before you can even attempt to buy one because the serious buyers have already beat you by placing a deposit and are in line to get their car. The initial shipments will be only a few cars to various dealerships. In most cases they have more people waiting in line with deposits down than they will be getting initially. My local dealership has 11 people with deposits on the cars in line as of right now, possibly more since the last time I spoke with them. So some of those folks are going to have to wait, even with a deposit down.

So please stop with the "overpriced" ranting. It is simply not being realistic. If you can afford to purchase a 65K dollar car and have a few months you can wait to get one then you have nothing to be concerned about. If you can't afford that price (possibly as low as 60-62k) then you need to go elsewhere because that's going to be the ballpark of the pricing. Since you don't already have a deposit down, then you also need to be prepared to wait several months even if you can pay the 65K price because it's going to be a few months before the orders are filled for the folks who do already have a deposit down and are waiting. If you can't wait that long then go buy something else. I hear an 06 M5 can be had for about what this car will cost new.

Can we stop telling people to buy something else? Some of us have *plenty* of money but care more about value.

STS-V (and XLR-V) was simply not priced correctly. I'd argue that for most on a Cadillac board it has nothing to do with having the $78k MSRP and more to do with not thinking the car is worth $78k... or $72k Employee Price... or $65k....or.....link to ebay

Mika is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

CIWS, who's the local dealer with 11 given deposits? Sewell or Moritz? Or is it hush hush?(understood completely if it is a hush hush).

Mika

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    Can we stop telling people to buy something else? Some of us have *plenty* of money but care more about value.
    Yes it is partially about value isn't it, the car's build and design. But that comment stems more from the seeming impatience or unwillingness to let the normal cycle of car production take place. There cannot be a final MSRP given yet on a car that has not started regular production. One because some costs are still unknown and another because they haven't finalized how options will be set on the car it seems. Word right now is that will start around Oct 20th, so that's still a month away. It's not about the money (well for some it is), it's about taking a chill pill and letting things happen as they're supposed to. If an individual just can't handle that and is going insane, then yes, go ahead and go buy something else. This vehicle will still go ahead and come out with pricing as it would anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika View Post
    CIWS, who's the local dealer with 11 given deposits? Sewell or Moritz? Or is it hush hush?(understood completely if it is a hush hush).

Mika
    Well there's more in the area than those two groups, although they're the biggies. Just call around and ask each dealership they should tell you where their list is at right now.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

I have to confess, as much as it annoys me I have a strange infatuation with watching people argue over the future.

Almost as much fun as listening to people argue about the past, as if it could be changed.

Yes it is partially about value isn't it, the car's build and design. But that comment stems more from the seeming impatience or unwillingness to let the normal cycle of car production take place. There cannot be a final MSRP given yet on a car that has not started regular production. One because some costs are still unknown and another because they haven't finalized how options will be set on the car it seems. Word right now is that will start around Oct 20th, so that's still a month away. It's not about the money (well for some it is), it's about taking a chill pill and letting things happen as they're supposed to. If an individual just can't handle that and is going insane, then yes, go ahead and go buy something else. This vehicle will still go ahead and come out with pricing as it would anyway.

Well, I acknowledge that is one issue. But many cars have MSRP released before production begins, or at least a formal estimate that gets tweaked by hundreds (not thousands) at time of production. It's not like GM does not know the exact componentry for the car at this point and hasn't placed parts orders if production starts in early October.

My guess is that MSRP is purposely being delayed until after the employee discount promotion is through, or for other marketing purposes (ZR1 got all the mag covers in September so they could be waiting for some more press). Just my opinion.

cazin678 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

$65K, $72K, whatever- not really a concern to me, I have cash and either number is less than I paid for my M6 or M5; In lights of the ZR1 pricing zoo, if a couple of grand is really an issue for anyone, a loaded CTS AWD can be had for well under $50K, and hey, gets better mpg and is cheaper to insure to boot... MSRP hasn't been announced because this isn't a KIA.........

Varsity is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by cazin678 View Post
    $65K, $72K, whatever- not really a concern to me, I have cash and either number is less than I paid for my M6 or M5; In lights of the ZR1 pricing zoo, if a couple of grand is really an issue for anyone, a loaded CTS AWD can be had for well under $50K, and hey, gets better mpg and is cheaper to insure to boot... MSRP hasn't been announced because this isn't a KIA.........
    Arrogance is not a great attribute!

vperl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver

__________________________________________________ ____________

Cannot speak for others, but since this is my money, that will buy or not buy the vehicle, I reserve the right to question anything I might wish .

Others may disagree, but unless they pay for the vehicle I purchase, maybe they ought to be a tad more civil in tone

razl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS-V Light Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Varsity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cazin678 View Post
    $65K, $72K, whatever- not really a concern to me, I have cash and either number is less than I paid for my M6 or M5;
    Arrogance is not a great attribute!
    Varsity: neither is envy.

Varsity is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

RAZL. No envy here just common courtesy.

Those who have the cash don't need to tell the world, its those that don't who seem to shout it out loudest.

I am pleased for whoever, but the tone of the comment IMHO was just vulgar.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsity View Post
    RAZL. No envy here just common courtesy.

Those who have the cash don't need to tell the world, its those that don't who seem to shout it out loudest.

I am pleased for whoever, but the tone of the comment IMHO was just vulgar.

Although I thought your comment was right on, it seems like the loudest shouts come from people who challenge people on a high MSRP. I have plenty of money but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy a great value. Anything above $60k does not make the V1 the same value as the V2 IMO for a number of reasons.

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    Although I thought your comment was right on, it seems like the loudest shouts come from people who challenge people on a high MSRP. I have plenty of money but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy a great value. Anything above $60k does not make the V1 the same value as the V2 IMO for a number of reasons.
    I am not quite sure what you, and everyone else, is complaining about. For one, the MSRP has not been released, so don't get your panties in a wad until then. Second, the V2 is a completely different animal than the V1. I would LOVE to know what your reasons are for the V2 not being as good of a value as the V1. We are talking MSRP here buddy, not a used V1 to a new V2...

My 04 V's MSRP was $55k+. With the improvements that the V2 has over the V1 I don't see how anyone in their right mind can argue that an MSRP above $60k, let alone $65k, doesn't make the V2 a relative deal.

Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I was told by someone at GM Pricing should be announced any day now..

I was told that before last month.

Maybe it will show up on this Thursday.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.