Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 44 replies 26 participants last post by  justboughtacaddy 
#1 ·
I am sure there is a greeat reason why the MSRp on the V has not been released by GM. I have my suspisions, but not wanting to mention them maybe best. Does anyone have an EDUCATED reason or guess ?

#2 ·
The option package configuration has changed three times in the last month, and there are also a few pre-production cars running around with wood trim (which is currently not shown as an option).

My educated guess would be that they're still finalizing how the options will be packaged and priced.

#4 ·
What about all them people that ordered one? What happens to their packages!
:thehand: Not a proper discussion topic for this forum. :rolleyes:

#5 ·
:lol:

The items available as options have not changed- just the way they're grouped. Originally, there was a "Performance Collection" that included the Nav, Suede wheel and shifter, polished wheels and Recaros. Those options are still there, but they're separate "free flow" options now (including the suede, which used to be only available with the collection).

If your Dealer has ordered you one with the options you want, you'll get exactly what you ordered.

#6 ·
My locally delaership is showing on their web page that you can build your car but the only thing missing is color choices and of course, prices. I was able to get a real good idea of what the standard equipment is. It won't take many added options to get what you want since the base model will be pretty good.

#7 ·
Maybe they're trying to gauge the market on how much Coupe-Vs or Wagon-Vs they can sell to distribute the costs. Also what other programs could use the powertrains and suspensions such as z28, gxp, etc. That way its a potentially lower price for the consumer but without hurting GM's bottomline.

#9 ·
Why is GM stalling, easy...they dont know what they're doing....
We are know the 2009 V stats are amazing (hopefully everthing we have seen/read is true)
But the marketplace is changing, there's now ALOT of sub 5 sec sedans on the market...
Price it at $75k or more, most will pass, price it at $60k dealers will marku to $75k++ and we'll pass...
Personally, I'll look at the car 2yrs from now at 40% less..... I did with my 2004 CTS-V.
BMW, Audi, and others will then release their V killers.... and on it goes....
GM should be careful with this car, IE Ford's 2007 GT500 stickered @ $46k and dealers makring them to $75k+
now you can buy a GT500 for under sticker.....

#10 ·

Exactly, as I have tried to say.. The HYPE from those that have vested interest in big sticker, not the CONSUMER, the guy that BUYS,the vehicle...
With actual money... I love America.... Free Speech is a wonnderful thing.

#11 ·
I hope they don't make the mistake they made on the XLR-V. Folks paid over $100,000 for the first ones then they sat on lots.

Late in the first year I bought a new one for $77,000 and the dealer was thrilled to sell it since he had 3 more sitting. If GM gets big eyes on this car, I will back off, keep my M5 and let others take the hit.

#12 ·
Talked with my dealer today and his best guess is pricing in Oct. When they start building them... Just like there expirence with the Escalade hybrid the most current new offering. They didn't get pricing till they were in production....

GM is holding as long as possible for this one. They must get it right......65k out the door nicely equipped.....:2thumbs:

#21 ·
I have to confess, as much as it annoys me I have a strange infatuation with watching people argue over the future. :lol:

Almost as much fun as listening to people argue about the past, as if it could be changed.

#23 ·
$65K, $72K, whatever- not really a concern to me, I have cash and either number is less than I paid for my M6 or M5; In lights of the ZR1 pricing zoo, if a couple of grand is really an issue for anyone, a loaded CTS AWD can be had for well under $50K, and hey, gets better mpg and is cheaper to insure to boot... MSRP hasn't been announced because this isn't a KIA.........

#24 ·
$65K, $72K, whatever- not really a concern to me, I have cash and either number is less than I paid for my M6 or M5; In lights of the ZR1 pricing zoo, if a couple of grand is really an issue for anyone, a loaded CTS AWD can be had for well under $50K, and hey, gets better mpg and is cheaper to insure to boot... MSRP hasn't been announced because this isn't a KIA.........
Arrogance is not a great attribute!

#28 ·
Although I thought your comment was right on, it seems like the loudest shouts come from people who challenge people on a high MSRP. I have plenty of money but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy a great value. Anything above $60k does not make the V1 the same value as the V2 IMO for a number of reasons.

#30 ·
I was told by someone at GM Pricing should be announced any day now..

I was told that before last month.

Maybe it will show up on this Thursday.

#34 ·
this thread

:facepalm:

#38 ·
The first CTS-V was a great "value" because it had a crappy rear end, cheaper interior than a V6 CTS, wonky shifter and a parts bin engine heisted from the Z06.

I find it hilarious that everyone complained about all the shortcomings in the first Gen CTS-V, but then are shocked and outraged when GM has the audacity to actually charge a little extra for all the things they re-engineered and upgraded this time. :doh: This may come as a shock to some people, but 6 piston calipers, slotted rotors, superchargers, intercoolers, 19" wheels, PS2 tires, LED dash tracers, Recaro seats, gloss black trim, suede steering wheels, electric parking brakes and magnetic shocks cost money.

#39 ·
The first CTS-V was a great "value" because it had a crappy rear end, cheaper interior than a V6 CTS, wonky shifter and a parts bin engine heisted from the Z06.

I find it hilarious that everyone complained about all the shortcomings in the first Gen CTS-V, but then are shocked and outraged when GM has the audacity to actually charge a little extra for all the things they re-engineered and upgraded this time. :doh: This may come as a shock to some people, but 6 piston calipers, slotted rotors, superchargers, intercoolers, 19" wheels, PS2 tires, LED dash tracers, Recaro seats, gloss black trim, suede steering wheels, electric parking brakes and magnetic shocks cost money.
How dare you, sir? :tisk:

Take that back.

#40 ·
:lol:

It's true though- the Gen 1 CTS-V has the exact same LS6 and LS2 from the Corvettes, including the cam, heads and pistons, whereas the Gen 2's LSA is a completely unique configuration of the LS Engine (different valves, pistons, cam, supercharger, etc). Every time you make an additional variant of something there's some extra cost associated with building it.

Taking that into consideration, along with all the other upgrades over a V6 model that the first gen didn't have, and I just don't understand why people can't fathom that the price increase over the base model is going to be a little higher than last time.

#42 ·
It is a toned down Corvette motor, not a Northstar motor built for Cadillac. New generation, same formula.

And everyone expects a price increase, just something reasonable. I don't know how many times I have to cite the STS-V and XLR-V and say "These cars are simply not worth their sticker prices". I don't want to say that about the V2, because I simply won't buy it. This is why people like me care about MSRP right now...

#43 ·
I am eager to hear the MSRP so I can divide it by two and know how much money I need to have in 3 years to buy it.

But joking aside, I watch gmpricing.com in hopes someone leaks it early there.

#44 ·
I think that GM has really messed up on releasing the pricing on the new CTS-v

In my case, if i had known the price a couple months ago, i would have comitted to my dealer who offered me his first allocated V. But without pricing i didn't want to do that since rumors were off by almos 15k on zr-1.

now with the economy, I'll wait no matter what. So the delay in pricing info has cost my purchase, and i know a bunch of people who have gone from being in the market to out of it(or delayed would be more appropriate)

My dealer choose not to even order his allocation that's how bad our local economy has gotten.

#45 ·
I am currently on the Cadillac website and theres a $2000.00 on a 2009 cts-v for the western region and the 2009 CTS price range is from $36,880-$59,025. The base CTS is the $36,880 and since the AWD DI is $41,080 then $59,025 is your V not including a 2000 rebate. Can someone confirm this for me cause i am seing it with my own eyes but no rumor of pricing yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.