First Shipment All Sold - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, First Shipment All Sold in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; With the work and advertising you did on the board, i was a little shocked that you only sold 3 ...
    GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: First Shipment All Sold

With the work and advertising you did on the board, i was a little shocked that you only sold 3 and it took this long to do it. I hope your boss gives you the other $600 because I am sure you are the only salesman that has 3 in the bag. I talked to 4 dealers and 2 had 1 deposit and the other 2 had none. All told me I could have one for msrp and i am sure if I wanted to deal then, i could have worked something out. There is not a huge market for $70k cars in this economy right now.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: First Shipment All Sold

The market for Pre-Ordering cars has always been small, especially on anything that's not an exotic (like Ferrari). I sold plenty of all three V models between 04 and 08, and almost all those were sold here on the lot (as opposed to pre-orders). The pre-order crowd is just a tiny part of the market, and really only represents the total die-hards. I think we'll sell quite a few once the car is out.

Selling an unknown commodity like a car "sight unseen" is difficult at best, and don't forget that at this point, the only people who really know anything about this car are those who read the Internet buzz- there has yet to be the first commercial or in depth magazine review printed.

I also keep seeing people post about "this economy right now", but I still have plenty of folks writing checks for $70k and driving home new cars every day, so I think we'll be fine. Considering that I had 0 Pre-Orders for the first CTS-V, and now have 4 on this one, I can only assume that the new model is going to be a bigger seller than the first one was.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.