vids of 09 CTS-V at the track - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, vids of 09 CTS-V at the track in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by WAT That vid makes me want to get a 335. So it's a 335ix auto(step) coupe with ...
    SRT8/BMW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: vids of 09 CTS-V at the track

Quote Originally Posted by WAT View Post
    That vid makes me want to get a 335. So it's a 335ix auto(step) coupe with relatively minor mods and street tires? You must have basically been ahead of the V all the way to ~100. That's the kind of driving that's important to me. Seems like the V is just begging for AWD.
    yes-that car has a tune and downpipes. Street tires (goodyear eagle F-1 all seasons). I wa ahead until the finish line--so over 100 mph--then the caddy went by in a BLUR!!! keep in mind--had that been from a 20 roll he would have killed me start to finish.

But yes--in daily driving, at lights--the 335xi is almost unbeatable-seriously. It just launches like nobody's business and doesn't really let up. It is fun..thats for sure. But I still have the caddy on order..

WAT
    WAT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Mustang Cobra

Do those killer starts with the xi auto require some serious brake torquing? What happens if you just take your foot off the brake from a stop and nail the gas? Like a 'normal' launch... Much slower? Lag?

I guess the V is gonna win from just about any kind of roll if traction is good.

I'm wondering if AWD would actually be boring... Can you get any wheel spin at all with the xi on a dry surface?

Edit: I keep saying ix instead of xi... sorry.

Do those killer starts with the xi auto require some serious brake torquing? What happens if you just take your foot off the brake from a stop and nail the gas? Like a 'normal' launch... Much slower? Lag?

I guess the V is gonna win from just about any kind of roll if traction is good.

I'm wondering if AWD would actually be boring... Can you get any wheel spin at all with the xi on a dry surface?

Edit: I keep saying ix instead of xi... sorry.
    its cool..all good questions. If you read about the car in Motor Trend or any number of mags..they often already describe the N54 engine as one of the best ever built. There is virtually no turbo lag in the car--it truly feels like an unleashed v-8..maybe because the turbos serve 3 cylinders each--I don't know..but there is NO lag!

If you just nail it from a stop-it rips out pretty damn good every time. If you want it to really rip--like at the track--you brake torque it to 2500 and then rip it.

On dry pavement-the most you ever get is a chirp..

WAT
    WAT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Mustang Cobra

Cool. I guess a 2500 rpm brake torque is easy enough and not too abusive.

When you say chirp, that's from a dead stop, right? I imagine you'd never get any spin on any shift with the auto? That might become frustrating if you're in the mood to make a bit of noise and act crazy. What happens when you nail it in 1st making a low speed turn?

What does a stock xi auto run 0-60 and the quarter in roughly? I'm guessing pretty close to my current car, which is an '01 Cobra (320 hp). It sucks that BMW is cracking down on mods/tunes, because I don't think stock 335 performance is quite what I'm looking for, and warranty is important.

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.

[quote=noelvm;1631549]
    Quote Originally Posted by V-Love View Post

Obviously you know nothing about drag racing. The 07 treed the 09 but the 09 caught up at the finishline and by doing that was going faster at the finish.

noelvm
    Your right. I don't know too much about drag racing. I wouldn't say nothing. Every "man" knows a little something about drag racing.
    I understand one was going faster. Don't they stop the clock when the nose crosses? Was there a .3 second penalty for treeing?
    Treed = Red Light?
    I'm more of an apex man. Going straight would be fun if I had a jet car. I may have to change my diff fluid and try it(after V Day II).
    AWD is great. I went for a couple laps in a guys souped up Mitsu. It was fun in the corners. Like push your face into the window type fun.

Cool. I guess a 2500 rpm brake torque is easy enough and not too abusive.

When you say chirp, that's from a dead stop, right? I imagine you'd never get any spin on any shift with the auto? That might become frustrating if you're in the mood to make a bit of noise and act crazy. What happens when you nail it in 1st making a low speed turn?

What does a stock xi auto run 0-60 and the quarter in roughly? I'm guessing pretty close to my current car, which is an '01 Cobra (320 hp). It sucks that BMW is cracking down on mods/tunes, because I don't think stock 335 performance is quite what I'm looking for, and warranty is important.
    manyfacturer and different mags peg it stock at 13.5 in the 1/4...0-60 high fours.

if you want the fun of tossing the back end around and squeeling the tires..you want a rwd car for sure--

at the time I got this car by trading in an 07 Tahoe--here in Michigan we get crap weather for 6 months and I got tired of walking past my 300C, SRT8, and STS-V (at the time)--wanted a perfromance car that could be driven year round.

FikseGTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

can you post all of the numbers for the CTS-V's run against you? 60', 1/8 mile et and trap, etc?

thanks!

csp3000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)

messed up the quote...

csp3000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2010 CTS V soon... =)

I cant get the vid to work???

knockout_tx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hey can someone give me a working copy of the Vid......can't seem to get it to work on my slow ass Iraq internet......or maybe throw it on Youtube.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.