more info on launch
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, more info on launch in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...
    odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

more info on launch

http://wardsauto.com/ar/cadillac_nears_launch_080903/

í09 Cadillac CTS-V Nears Launch
    By Herb Shuldiner
    WardsAuto.com, Sep 3, 2008 10:48 AM

WHITE PLAINS, NY Ė General Motors Corp. sets late October for Job One of the í09 Cadillac CTS-V.

The super speedster, which goes on sale in November and will take on high-performance competitors from Mercedes-Benz and BMW, will be assembled on the same line at the Lansing (MI) Grand River plant as the conventional CTS.

Cadillac bills the CTS-V as the fastest sedan for the money in the U.S. Volume targets have not been revealed, but John F. Howell, product director, says the plant could make as many as 8,000 CTS-Vs if demand develops.

That would equate to about 10% of CTS production, which has been averaging about 6,000 units per month. Howell expects annual CTS volume to be 70,000-80,000 units.

Although official pricing has yet to be announced, he forecasts the average transaction price for the í09 model in the low- to the mid-$60,000 range.

The revamped CTS-V offers a 6-speed automatic transmission that should increase the carís appeal, Howell says. Offered as a no-cost option, about two-thirds of CTS-V sales will be equipped with automatics, he predicts.

í09 model offers 6-speed automatic expected to increase CTS-Vís appeal.
    A first-year sales target of 8,000 units is ďa little optimistic,Ē Howell admits. But there has been a lot of interest in the car at dealerships and on the Internet, he adds.

Half of CTS-V sales will be incremental to the brand, Howell predicts.

Because the automatic transmission will attract a new type of buyer to the CTS-V, Cadillac forecasts an increase in demand for a wider range of options. Past models were considered driverís cars, but more customers who select the automatic transmission will purchase additional comfort and entertainment features.

The CTS-V will be sold globally for the first time, with Europe, the Middle East and Asia considered prime export markets.

Related Stories
    GM Reveals Secrets of í09 Cadillac CTS-V
    GM Aims High With 550-hp í09 Cadillac CTS-V

Cadillac has been boasting of the CTS-Vís top speed of nearly 200 mph (322 km/h) during testing at the famed Nurburgring track in Germany. The principal German competitors have an electronically limited top speed of 155 mph (249 km/h), but Cadillac decided to not restrict the speed of the í09 CTS-V.

The new sports sedan is powered by a 6.2L V-8 generating 556 hp and 551 lb.-ft. (747 Nm) of torque. Itís the most powerful engine in Cadillacís 106-year history.

Cadillac is hopeful this level of power will make the CTS-V a more serious contender in a segment benchmarked by the Mercedes E63 and BMW M5.

BMW of North America LLC says M5 sales totaled 988 units in the U.S. through July 31, about 60% of worldwide sales.

Mercedes-Benz USA is unable to provide a specific number for E63 sales but says the model accounts for about 5% of E-Class sales. It delivered 25,101 E-Class cars through July, putting U.S. E-63 volume at about 1,200-plus units.

GM expects CTS-V sales to surpass those totals by a wide margin.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vperl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver

Salesman friend or foe?

If perchance, GM is serious ,low 60K is still a tad different when one remembers that the GT-R a real speedy devil has a low MSRP FULLY loaded .

Saleman seem to get a cut of some sort, or want to make an impression that a HIGHER price is just fine. But, how many of the sales force actually drop cash on the table and purchase these cars. I suspect many are busy scurring about when the lights are turned on. No offense but it never really seems that salesman of any type really care about what they can do to help
    a customer that has not a "blank check", a load of cash just waiting to cast off at the local dealership. Other manufacturers have decent vehicles that are competitive, without taking or attempting to take the last dime from a WORKING American with limited funds. No silver spooned fellow over here to have daddy buy the car.

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Re: more info on launch

huh?

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Salesman friend or foe?

Quote Originally Posted by vperl View Post
    If perchance, GM is serious ,low 60K is still a tad different when one remembers that the GT-R a real speedy devil has a low MSRP FULLY loaded .

Saleman seem to get a cut of some sort, or want to make an impression that a HIGHER price is just fine. But, how many of the sales force actually drop cash on the table and purchase these cars. I suspect many are busy scurring about when the lights are turned on. No offense but it never really seems that salesman of any type really care about what they can do to help
    a customer that has not a "blank check", a load of cash just waiting to cast off at the local dealership. Other manufacturers have decent vehicles that are competitive, without taking or attempting to take the last dime from a WORKING American with limited funds. No silver spooned fellow over here to have daddy buy the car.
    Is it really necessary for you to post this same garbage in every thread? If you don't think the CTS-V is a good deal at $60k base, less than $70k loaded:

GO BUY ANOTHER CAR.

It's really annoying seeing the exact same post in every thread here, not to mention the fact that I don't care for the rude comment about Salesmen. There's no nefarious plot afoot to steal your hard earned money- just an awesome car for $30k less than a comparably sized and equipped M5.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

vperl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver

love of it, and all

If anyone is offended by remarks I can only say, "sorry". Loaded mid 60K is ok with most, I did not forget to mention that the Nissan GT-R has a very reasonable MSRP, if you might know??? Tell me that the CTS-V is a better car than the GT-R at both cars MSRP, which the CTS-V has no MSRP

If the CTS-V MSRP is higher than that speedy devil GT-R MSRP, one has to think something is afoot.

Again, if anyone feels put upon or slighted I am very sorry, my best friend is a saleman. Bad me.

MacOSR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    just an awesome car for $30k less than a comparably sized and equipped M5.
    Having owned both an M5 and a CTS-V I can tell you that they are not the same size. The M5 is MUCH roomier inside then the CTS-V. Having said that, the new CTS-V is a nice car. However, unless the new CTS-V is much better quality then the v1 and unless GM now gives good warranty service I wouldn't say the CTS-V is the same as an M5 but 30k cheaper.

I mean come on...lets not forget that GM was wanting to deny warranty work on interior parts that were falling off. They wanted to deny warranty work on diffs, the wheel hop, seats wearing out in 18 months, ...

Don't get me wrong, the CTS-V is a nice car. I am considering a CTS-V (2010 or 2011 to see how it holds up) but I certainly would not consider it an M5 replacement. I am planning on getting an 09 M6 and an 09 M3 and consider the CTS-V as a possible replacement for the M3, not my M5.

Look up the specs on the 5 series and CTS- they're almost identical. In fact, here they are:

2008 Cadillac CTS / 2008 535i

Wheelbase (in.) 113.4 / 113.7
    Length (in.) 191.6 / 191.1
    Height (in.) 58.0 / 57.8
    Width (in.) 72.5 / 72.7
    Track (front) 61.8 / 61.3
    Track (rear) 62.0 / 62.2

Head Room (front) (in.) 38.8 / 39.1
    Head Room (rear) (in.) 37.2 / 38.1
    Hiproom (front) (in.) 55.1 / not listed
    Hiproom (rear) (in.) 54.1 / not listed
    Leg Room (front) (in.) 42.4 / 41.5
    Leg Room (rear) (in.) 35.9 / 36.0
    Shoulder Room (front) (in.) 56.7 / 57.3
    Shoulder Room (rear) (in.) 54.7 /57.2

People keep saying everywhere on the Internet that the 5 is bigger than a CTS, but it's just not true. As far as the interior, I think every review has been unanimous in praising the interior fit and finish:

Quote Originally Posted by edmunds.com
    Materials are high in quality, and the level of detailing in this car is comparable to the top import nameplates. Plus, its pleasing mix of available wood accents and tasteful alloy trim make the CTS interior one of the most elegant designs in its class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Motor Trend
    Better still, unlike the previous CTS, the 2008 edition carries its edgy exterior theme and penchant for beauty right into the cockpit. In comparison, the Mercedes C350 cabin looks bleak and severe; the Honda Accord's dash seems fussy -- and not as well made. Cadillac's interior team has balanced form, function, and panache as deftly as we've seen it done -- in some ways (that brilliantly simple yet powerful nav/info system) better than anyone.
    The one point I'll concede is the Service issue. Some Dealers are great, while we've all heard horror stories about some of the idiot Service Departments out there. That being said, you run into crummy BMW and MB Dealers too, so it's tough to say exactly how Cadillac's ratio of Good/Bad dealers really looks.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

taking input.
    shall we vote this member off the island?
    reply here

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Re: love of it, and all

If anyone is offended by remarks I can only say, "sorry". Loaded mid 60K is ok with most, I did not forget to mention that the Nissan GT-R has a very reasonable MSRP, if you might know??? Tell me that the CTS-V is a better car than the GT-R at both cars MSRP, which the CTS-V has no MSRP

If the CTS-V MSRP is higher than that speedy devil GT-R MSRP, one has to think something is afoot.

Again, if anyone feels put upon or slighted I am very sorry, my best friend is a saleman. Bad me.

Why are you comparing a 2 door coupe with a 4 door sedan? Compare the GTR to the Z06 and the CTS-V to the M cars or AMG cars. Even better yet, let's compare the CTS-V to the upscale Nissan Infinity M45.

I just optioned out an Infinity M45 on Infinity's web page with a premium package and upgraded 18" wheels. This car is comparibly equipped to the CTS-V, but can't hold a candle to it performance wise. Care to know what the MSRP of the M45 is? $ 61,890.

So which car would you rather have for 62k, the CTS-V or the M45.

No brainer, now stop with your silly comparison of the V to the GTR and go away.

lusterblade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by MacOSR View Post
    Having owned both an M5 and a CTS-V I can tell you that they are not the same size. The M5 is MUCH roomier inside then the CTS-V....I am planning on getting an 09 M6 and an 09 M3 and consider the CTS-V as a possible replacement for the M3, not my M5.
    damnit...I did all this work and tony posts before me. oh well, i'll post it anyways.

...........................5 series........3 series........CTS
    Capacity & Volume
    Cargo Volume (EPA)......14..............12..............14
    Fuel Capacity.............18.5............16.6............18
    Towing.......................NR..............NL... ...........1000
    Seating (Standard)......5...............5...............5
    EPA Class...............MIDSIZE.........COMPACT.........MIDSIZE
    Passenger Volume (EPA)..99..............93..............96

Interior Dimensions
    Head Room (Fr)...........39.1............38.5............38. 8
    Head Room (2nd).........38.1............37.5............37.2
    Leg Room (Fr)............41.5............41.5..............42.4
    Leg Room (2nd)..........36..............34.6.............35.9
    Shldr Room (Fr)..........57.3............55.4............56.7
    Shldr Room (2nd)........57.2............55.1............54.7

Exterior Dimensions
    Wheelbase...............113.7...........108.7...........113.4
    Track (Rr)...............62.2............60.6............61.8
    Track (Rr)...............61.7............60.6............62
    Length...................191.5...........180.3...........191.6
    Width....................72.7............71.5............72.5
    Height...................57.8............56.9............58

Haha....thanks for the post, Lusterblade. I listed the 5 series specs to show that it's practically the same size as the CTS. You listed the 3 series specs, so now people can see how much bigger a CTS is than a 3.

We make a great team to prove a point!
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Haha....thanks for the post, Lusterblade. I listed the 5 series specs to show that it's practically the same size as the CTS. You listed the 3 series specs, so now people can see how much bigger a CTS is than a 3.

We make a great team to prove a point!
    "Having owned both an M5 and a CTS-V I can tell you that they are not the same size. The M5 is MUCH roomier inside then the CTS-V."

On paper, they look right about the same as pointed out. Of course, with motors they call that dyno racing.

Having driven both myself, I would say that the thickness of the seats is the big difference. Since that is corrected with the V2, it will if anything feel roomier than the M5.

yeah LB rocks

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    taking input.
    shall we vote this member off the island?
    reply here
    Vote him off but bring back Blee & Toysnot

blee was invited back and chose not to come

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.