more info on launch - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, more info on launch in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony Look up the specs on the 5 series and CTS- they're almost identical. In fact, ...
    jasaero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 BLK Cadillac CTS-V

Re: more info on launch

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Look up the specs on the 5 series and CTS- they're almost identical. In fact, here they are:

2008 Cadillac CTS / 2008 535i

Wheelbase (in.) 113.4 / 113.7
    Length (in.) 191.6 / 191.1
    Height (in.) 58.0 / 57.8
    Width (in.) 72.5 / 72.7
    Track (front) 61.8 / 61.3
    Track (rear) 62.0 / 62.2

Head Room (front) (in.) 38.8 / 39.1
    Head Room (rear) (in.) 37.2 / 38.1
    Hiproom (front) (in.) 55.1 / not listed
    Hiproom (rear) (in.) 54.1 / not listed
    Leg Room (front) (in.) 42.4 / 41.5
    Leg Room (rear) (in.) 35.9 / 36.0
    Shoulder Room (front) (in.) 56.7 / 57.3
    Shoulder Room (rear) (in.) 54.7 /57.2

People keep saying everywhere on the Internet that the 5 is bigger than a CTS, but it's just not true.
    Also, if you investigate these numbers you start to realize these are identical sized cars and although the 5 has a slight advantage on several interior numbers, it's mostly due to asthetic design vs interior volume trade off made on the CTS. So, basically, if the design and particularly the overall shape of a 5 is somewhat boring and generic to you, but the CTS really impresses you, you are probably really not going to worry about the difference in interior volume as that difference is mostly due to a lot of the way the exterior is shaped on the CTS. Basically a CTS is less slab sided above the beltline and a roofline that's sloped down more aft of the B pillar to give it a slightly more coupe like profile than a 5. It's got a sportier overall shape basically, while not loosing a whole lot on the inside really.

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    Also, if you investigate these numbers you start to realize these are identical sized cars and although the 5 has a slight advantage on several interior numbers, it's mostly due to asthetic design vs interior volume trade off made on the CTS. So, basically, if the design and particularly the overall shape of a 5 is somewhat boring and generic to you, but the CTS really impresses you, you are probably really not going to worry about the difference in interior volume as that difference is mostly due to a lot of the way the exterior is shaped on the CTS. Basically a CTS is less slab sided above the beltline and a roofline that's sloped down more aft of the B pillar to give it a slightly more coupe like profile than a 5. It's got a sportier overall shape basically, while not loosing a whole lot on the inside really.
    I agree with this... the M5 cabin feels bigger (from my experience) due to the layout. Consequently, the trunk in the V1 feels bigger (not sure if on paper). Case in point, my coworker has to take his driver out of his golf bag to fit his clubs in the trunk. The same clubs fit fine in my V1.

caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Tony, with all due respect (and you are a GREAT resource on the Bd) you will lose credilbilty if you start favorably comparing 5 series Bimmers to ANYTHING Caddy is currently selling.

I hope (pray) the new V I have on order will finally put Caddy back where it belongs, but after an STS, a standard XLR and an XLR--V, I can tell you none appraoched my M5 or even 528 in terms of fit/finish, quality. The V was a $100,000 car (which I paid $77K for when they were stuck on dealer lots) and it had more noise than a haunted house, not to mention enough plastic to make a Malibu.

My M5 handles and has the fit/ finish of a truly refined car. And, unlike the auto mags, I am not a Euro snob. I buy American 90% of the time with 3 Vettes and 4 Vipers among others.

Let's hope GM gets it right, but up to now while it has gotten closer the gap remains as wide as the gap was between my 05 Vette body panels.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Believe me- I've sold Cadillacs for 10 years, and I'll be the first to admit that cars like the XLR and STS do not have the same fit & finish as their more expensive German counterparts. There is a price difference, but I'm tired of making the "yeah, but...." argument against the imports and using price as the excuse (The XLR in particular drives me crazy, because it's a great car as is, but just a few cost cutting measures short of being an awesome vehicle). I want to see Cadillac ditch the price angle and go right at their throats- spend the money to make the car awesome, and let people that can't afford them buy a C-Class with "pleather" interior and a manual seat.

That being said, I honestly believe that the CTS's fit, finish and materials are on par with the comparable German and Japanese cars. I understand that most people dismiss my posts as typical Salesman blathering, but the 2008 CTS is the most impressive car I've ever seen from Cadillac in my lifetime, regardless of price. The solid feel of the car, the dash, doors, radio, Nav....everything is better than the XLR, and at half the price.

I think the CTS-V is going to be the "big deal" for Cadillac that puts them back on the map- the regular CTS is already getting more positive reviews than the last 20 years of Cadillacs combined, and the early V reviews have been even better.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Believe me- I've sold Cadillacs for 10 years, and I'll be the first to admit that cars like the XLR and STS do not have the same fit & finish as their more expensive German counterparts. There is a price difference, but I'm tired of making the "yeah, but...." argument against the imports and using price as the excuse (The XLR in particular drives me crazy, because it's a great car as is, but just a few cost cutting measures short of being an awesome vehicle). I want to see Cadillac ditch the price angle and go right at their throats- spend the money to make the car awesome, and let people that can't afford them buy a C-Class with "pleather" interior and a manual seat.

That being said, I honestly believe that the CTS's fit, finish and materials are on par with the comparable German and Japanese cars. I understand that most people dismiss my posts as typical Salesman blathering, but the 2008 CTS is the most impressive car I've ever seen from Cadillac in my lifetime, regardless of price. The solid feel of the car, the dash, doors, radio, Nav....everything is better than the XLR, and at half the price.

I think the CTS-V is going to be the "big deal" for Cadillac that puts them back on the map- the regular CTS is already getting more positive reviews than the last 20 years of Cadillacs combined, and the early V reviews have been even better.
    Great post and thoughts. I have read your posts which have been very helpful(if you were 100 miles away I would have ordered the V from you) My sense is that while you are enthusiastic about Caddys (as am I )you call a spade a spade. I hope you are right on your predictions. I will be the better for it.

SRT8/BMW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

as someone who owns, has owned and has driven the german counterparts- I have always felth the same about fit and finish--but even more important- chassis and suspension. Now - having finally driven the new V- I totally agree with every word. Thats why I ordered my loaded, balck on Black today!

MacOSR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I hope for GM's sake that it is. I finally went to BMW after 5 GM vehicles purchased new and 1 Ford. I finally got tired of the lack of quality and the poor service from the manufacturer (not the dealers). Unfortunately for GM and Ford my experience with BMW has been amazing! I am anxious to hear how good the new CTS-V is in terms of build, quality, and how well GM stands behind their product!

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SRT8/BMW View Post
    Thats why I ordered my loaded, balck on Black today!
    congrats you're gonna need a new username!

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by MacOSR View Post
    I hope for GM's sake that it is. I finally went to BMW after 5 GM vehicles purchased new and 1 Ford. I finally got tired of the lack of quality and the poor service from the manufacturer (not the dealers). Unfortunately for GM and Ford my experience with BMW has been amazing! I am anxious to hear how good the new CTS-V is in terms of build, quality, and how well GM stands behind their product!
    the total ownership experience is just as important as the mechanicals of the vehicle itself. it creates an overall perception of quality that commands higher price premiums. caddy taking big step in right direction with v2.

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Re: Salesman friend or foe?

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    taking input.
    shall we vote this member off the island?
    reply here
    I vote punt.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Clutch Mustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now) <-- SOLD

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.