GM is about to miss the boat... Again
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, GM is about to miss the boat... Again in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I am in the mood for a new car. with that said I am selling my 04 v with a ...
    c5racr1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 cts v

Angry GM is about to miss the boat... Again

I am in the mood for a new car. with that said I am selling my 04 v with a LS7 505 hp crate motor. now I want another V, the new V, but guess what GM in their wisdom is keeping all the important stuff under wraps. like price, estimated delivery dates, kinda like they did with the camaro. when the market was hot and gas was cheaper what did GM do, take damn near 4 years to develop a car on an existing platform! Maby they should have turned the whole GM performance division over to holden, they seem to have their act together.
    I hate the way GM treats their customers, kinda like they are doing me a favor by selling and serviceing a car. well I have been pissed about this for some time and may take my business elsewhere, they may think they are the only game in town but the market says otherwise. They wont even release pricing on the damn thing, what the hell is the big secret? is it free, probably not, is metainance included? knowing gm and the most (not all) of their suck a$$ stealerships nope, but MB and BMW can go from the board to the floor in 1 to 2 years? and GM wants to figure out why it is giving money away? let me answer that for ya, cause you aint got $hit we want, you take to long, I want it when I want it, not when U want to do me the favor by selling it!
    I was at road atlanta last year and the caddy rep said I would be in a new v by car by august. well I should have asked him August of what year! enough of my rant. I think this may have been the straw!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

Re: GM is about to miss the boat... Again

I was in a new V last month. For a little while.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Presented with the choice of a half baked product released quickly or a well engineered and world beating product released a few months later than I'd prefer, I'll take the latter. I suspect that people running a company working hard to try and rebuild their once great reputation would agree with me.

c5racr1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 cts v

I agree but why does GM take so long to come to market with a product. I wouldnt consider a C63, RS4, M3, M5, m6 and a list of other "foregin made cars half baked. I would consider the problems with the V1 half baked, and GM's lack of willingness to stand behind their product worse. If you are well were the largest auto manufacture in the world is it too much to ask for to have the same 18 month concept most other"lesser" makers have. How long did we see the SSR truck beforthey came to market= market was gone as will the big market they would have had if they could have gotten their act together on the camaro. I guess they need a lesson from toyota in the term "over engener" that is the problem. If they would build it to last in sted of last right now it wouldnt take 4 years.

I suggest that if you're truly unhappy you should take your business to Toyota and help GM get what they deserve.

As for me... I'm sure GM wishes that they could cut their product development cycle, but they haven't. It is what it is, and it won't do me any good to rant about it. Besides, do I NEED or even WANT a new car every 18 months? No. Next...

GM has stood behind their product and their warranty with me. I'm happy as a clam with the service I've received. Next...

If I need them to "build it to last" then why do I also need them to come up with a new one every 18 months? Or vice-versa? Next...

Sorry, but I'm just sick and tired of the negative posts on this forum. I love my car.

Next?

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post

v84life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver

I love my car too

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

No offense, but it sounds like GM just didn't kowtow to your timetable. So someone from GM told you August and now it's October/November?

I don't remember anyone from GM saying definitely by this summer. They just showed the car for the first time 7 months ago. As for pricing, there is no denying that this economy demands a careful strategy. If they are waiting to get closer to launch to announce pricing so that they don't misgauge the market, kudos to them.

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    No offense, but it sounds like GM just didn't kowtow to your timetable. So someone from GM told you August and now it's October/November?

I don't remember anyone from GM saying definitely by this summer. They just showed the car for the first time 7 months ago. As for pricing, there is no denying that this economy demands a careful strategy. If they are waiting to get closer to launch to announce pricing so that they don't misgauge the market, kudos to them.
    although in theory i agree with what you are writing, i also agree with the thread starter in that the customer is always right. gm's sales have been plummeting over the years relative to many of their competitors. we can defend GM, but people speak with their wallets end of story. the "entitlement" culture that had crippled american car companies is mostly gone (as are a crapload of jobs), but still not completely gone.

gm's biggest problem (in my opinion) continues to be the total ownership experience and not the cars themselves. the vehicles are vastly improved and many of them are world beaters. customer and vehicle service is generally the problem.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    gm's biggest problem (in my opinion) continues to be the total ownership experience and not the cars themselves. the vehicles are vastly improved and many of them are world beaters. customer and vehicle service is generally the problem.
    In my experience that is absolutely true, although I also believe GM and other American car makers still have a ways to go in the build quality department.

To the OP, if you can't wait on V2 then by all means buy something else. Obviously the "caddy rep" you talked to last year was mistaken about the release date.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

There is a reason that it takes ___ long to get a car to market, especially one like the new V. And I don't think it's for "mystique".

And personally, I don't want Cadillac rushing out a car that still needs bugs worked out in '10 when I get mine...

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by c5racr1 View Post
    I agree but why does GM take so long to come to market with a product.
    For the best answer..... GM is broke.. That is why. Yes, it sucks. But what can ya do? When the new CTS-V does make it to showrooms, it's going to be a very impressive car. Better late than never.. Sometimes reality blows.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    In my experience, that is absolutely true, although I also believe GM and other American car makers still have a ways to go in the build quality department.
    Another issue that exists because of money. Hopefully GM pulls out of their financial mess soon..
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

GM build quality went to crap during the height of their sales- money has nothing to do with it. It was a mix of arrogance and trying to increase their already huge profits by cutting costs in worst possible place (the product). In the end, their market share took a beating.

The arrogance is gone, replaced by the mentality of a former champ getting lean for a title fight rematch. Costs are being cut in the right places this time, and GM is getting lean and mean for the big fight. Cars like the Malibu, CTS and V, Enclave, Volt and Cruze are already putting GM back in the magazines and Internet in a good way. Just as the company didn't go to hell overnight, it cannot reclaim its former glory overnight either. Improving product is the first important step- I'm sure that steps are being taken to address other ares of opportunity as well.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.