GM is about to miss the boat... Again - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, GM is about to miss the boat... Again in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...
    RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: GM is about to miss the boat... Again

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    How cool would it be if GM were to take 10 owners that owned the current production model (in are case it would be the V1) and get there input on what could make the next generation car better. I mean if you took 10 of us from the board and we all gave are dislikes about are V’s and what would have made it better how bad @$$ would the V2 be?
    I would be VERY surprised to find that GM doesn't monitor every single automotive forum on the internet. If they aren't then shame on 'em. This place alone is a goldmine for information from "real" owners.

c5racr1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 cts v

dude, easy answer if it is not important to you read something else. I didnt know i had to organize my rant. I wouldn't want you to get you panties twisted but on the other hand seems like you understood the statement.

on another level i think if im the one spending the 70 grand == who cares how my sentences and paragraphes are on a forum. I will not cry if you read something else. I though it was all in good fun, but I guess it's not. I bet you have owned at least 1 BMW in your life.

wow I now know who are the ZVP choices on both sides.... and GM still has not released ball park prices... MB here i come

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

So you'll buy an inferior and overpriced product and suffer the stoplight losses and knowledge that you paid too much for a car because you can't wait 60 days?

Alrighty then.

60 days for what pricing or a vehicle? If GM can play with BMW on road and track, I don't see why the vehicle is not for sale. do you?

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by c5racr1 View Post
    If GM can play with BMW on road and track, I don't see why the vehicle is not for sale. do you?
    They are creating hype for the launch of the vehicle. IMO its going to need all the hype it can get if it is to be successful in this market at $70,000. If you don't want to wait, then go enjoy a new C63; don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out of the forum

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c5racr1 View Post
    60 days for what pricing or a vehicle? If GM can play with BMW on road and track, I don't see why the vehicle is not for sale. do you?
    So they don't pull a repeat of the Sky and have 1 car a month to sell, and by the time inventory is available all the interest has died down?

Don't forget that GM has only been "hyping" the car since January when they revealed it at NAIAS. Everything before that was Internet speculation and spy photos. The car will be on the market in less than 12 months from its public reveal. Where's the beef?

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    So they don't pull a repeat of the Sky and have 1 car a month to sell, and by the time inventory is available all the interest has died down?

Don't forget that GM has only been "hyping" the car since January when they revealed it at NAIAS. Everything before that was Internet speculation and spy photos. The car will be on the market in less than 12 months from its public reveal. Where's the beef?

I personally think that anyone after a V2 in 2008 that is willing to pay MSRP or more will get one. I was willing to pay well over MSRP for the Solstice GXP in 2006, was #1 on a dealer list, and still couldn't get an allocation for 5 months after production started.

My point exactly.

They hyped and released the Solstice and Sky before they were able to even build the things at a reliable rate, and they're not going to repeat the same mistake with the CTS-V.

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

They hyped and released the Solstice and Sky before they were able to even build the things at a reliable rate, and they're not going to repeat the same mistake with the CTS-V.
    So why is it that GM would have such trouble ramping up production on something that's going to be built in limited numbers anyway?

For those who think that GM's the only one that releases half-baked product, or product with teething problems - I'll remind you that the early E46 M3's and S54-motor M Coupes had crank-breakage problems and the SMG was an acquired taste at best, the E60 M5's SMG has had numerous software fixes and the 6-speed three-pedal version's a bodge, the C5 RS6's DRC suspension has been an absolute "thou shalt not own this car out of warranty" item, etc. It's all about how the manufacturer and the dealer handles the situation when things fall apart.

Oh, and yeah, Toyota seems to have spread half of the year's IS-F production around as VIP cars for the Monterey Historics. Finally got a look at one. Yeah, those exhausts in the rear fascia are little fake rings. I'm sorry, it doesn't matter how good the car is (or not), that's just tacky.

Obligatory GT-R comment: it's not as ugly as I expected, but it's still not anything that tickles my 'nads, and it's still two doors short.

Flavoade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS 2003, Pontiac Trans Am S.E. 1977

Sounds like OP got messed over to many times at Duplesis?

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

My point exactly.

Actually, I disagree. They are doing the same thing with the V2, but there simply isn't nearly as high demand for a $75k car in quantity as there is a $30k car.

The Challenger was literally sold out of 2008 production the first day Chrysler started accepting orders. A lot of people will be waiting a long time for their Challenger, similar to the GXP and Redline in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    Actually, I disagree. They are doing the same thing with the V2, but there simply isn't nearly as high demand for a $75k car in quantity as there is a $30k car.

The Challenger was literally sold out of 2008 production the first day Chrysler started accepting orders. A lot of people will be waiting a long time for their Challenger, similar to the GXP and Redline in 2006.
    Sold out? I know that's what Dodge's marketing department wants everyone to believe, but it's not the truth according to Cars.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.