CTS-V laughs at the new RS6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V laughs at the new RS6 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Looks like Audi's new RS6 will come up pretty short in any comparison tests against the new CTS-V: Full Article ...
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

CTS-V laughs at the new RS6

Looks like Audi's new RS6 will come up pretty short in any comparison tests against the new CTS-V:

Full Article Here

Here's the short version:

2009 RS6
    Permanent AWD
    Twin Turbo V10
    580hp
    479 lb-ft torque
    4,338 lbs.
    0-60: 4.5 seconds
    Approximately $150,000

2009 CTS-V:
    RWD
    Supercharged V8
    556hp
    551 lb-ft
    4,300 lbs.
    0-60: 3.9 seconds
    Price estimated between $60k and $80k

Just more fodder to be eaten up in the comparison tests. Who says the new V needs AWD?
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: CTS-V laughs at the new RS6

...but somehow, the Audi will be the greatest thing since sliced bread (according to the media). Right? Let's watch...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Silverspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Actually that was 0-62 in 4.5 seconds. Not sure if I would believe those numbers, and I hardly think a V will "laugh" at that car.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    ...but somehow, the Audi will be the greatest thing since sliced bread (according to the media). Right? Let's watch...
    I'm sure it will be (according to them ). I just hope Motor Trend has a "Round 2" comparison between the two. The first time out, they dinged the CTS-V for a subpar interior, foot pedal e-brake and slightly lower performance. The 08+ interior has been massively improved, so I'd love to see how things shake out this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverspeed View Post
    Actually that was 0-62 in 4.5 seconds. Not sure if I would believe those numbers, and I hardly think a V will "laugh" at that car.
    Those numbers came right from Audi's press release, so I assume they're accurate. It's tough to know exactly how they stack up against the V since many "0-60" tests actually use a rollout instead of a standing start- you've gotta do them side by side, same time, same driver. Even if we give the RS6 the benefit of the doubt and assume it pulls a 4.3 (2 tenths is a TON), it's still slower to 60 than the V by almost a half second, and just imagine how far that gap will widen over the trip to 100+ mph.

Factor in the cost of over twice as much, and it makes the CTS-V look like even more of a bargain than it already does.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Radguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Who says the new V needs AWD?
    Me, that's who.
    Not a problem for you guys in Florida. Big problem for us guys in the Great White North.

I was referring to the people who postulated that AWD would outperform RWD, even in a straight line. I get your point about snow, but I would imagine that most people who can afford a $70k+ Supercar would also have some spare change for a Winter vehicle.

Maybe that's just my crazy Florida Native assumption, but I know several guys up North, and even the ones who drive Miatas have a truck or a Subaru wagon for the rough weather days.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Varsity is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

However, there are already tuners here in Europe getting 670bhp from these cars, so watch out

Just look what they can do to an S4, here have a look

http://www.vimeo.com/1276040 and be sure to watch the whole thing, especially if your a Diablo owner, or one who likes to cry!

I cancelled an RS6 in favour of the CTS-V so it had better be good!

onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

Audi=another underperforming Deutschland import.
    JFWY, I doubt anyone would pay $150K US for one, maybe the S8 with the same engine could that price.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Varsity View Post
    http://www.vimeo.com/1276040 and be sure to watch the whole thing, especially if your a Diablo owner, or one who likes to cry!
    Over a minute into the thing and I still had not seen the car, I stopped it. Some of these "filmmakers" need to realize it's about the car not all of the fancy titles and other B.S. they want to throw in.

Thanks anyway for posting.

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

ffwd to the 3 min mark

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

In stock trim this may be the case but if Heffner Performance's Lamborghini Gallarado is an idea as to the potential of the V10 in both of these cars then the RS6 is going to be a hell of a car. But Heffner just built a 930 whp/762 tq Gallarado by adding twin turbos onto the stock V10. So Audi already has the TT's on there so now just add the rest of the mods that they threw onto the Gallarado and instant rocket ship. Here's the car and the supporting mod's.

[IMG]http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/08/heffnerttgallardo_11.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/08/heffnerttgallardo_12.jpg[/IG]
    [IMG]http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/08/heffnerttgallardo_15.jpg[/IG]
    [IMG]http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/08/heffnerttgallardo_16.jpg[/IG]

Dr Chill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS, 03 Z06 LS2 408 track car, 07 Q7 tow vehicle

105,000 Euro including 29% VAT. 116,279 without VAT. Considering most European manufacturers are pricing the same USD as Euros, the US MSRP will likely be in the $116,000 range.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Yes, because we all know the Audi's engine bay will be as accomodating as the Lambo's.

Hey Blackout, go find posters rlj5 or wait4me...

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    In stock trim this may be the case but if Heffner Performance's Lamborghini Gallarado is an idea as to the potential of the V10 in both of these cars then the RS6 is going to be a hell of a car. But Heffner just built a 930 whp/762 tq Gallarado by adding twin turbos onto the stock V10. So Audi already has the TT's on there so now just add the rest of the mods that they threw onto the Gallarado and instant rocket ship.
    I'm willing we'll beat that ...with a Mallett.

just like the last time

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Oh yeah, Heffner also converts the Lambos to RWD...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.