CTS-V laughs at the new RS6 - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V laughs at the new RS6 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; A 580hp station wagon (or sedan, for that matter) seems like sheer lunacy in its own right, but it appears ...
    Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Re: CTS-V laughs at the new RS6

A 580hp station wagon (or sedan, for that matter) seems like sheer lunacy in its own right, but it appears that the twin-turbo V10 in the Audi RS6 is capable of a great deal more. Following the release of the 702hp MTM-tuned RS6 M, fellow German tuning house B&B Automobiltechnik has an even more potent tuning package, boosting power up to a whopping 715.

So what did the power-hungry gearheads at B&B do to get a 120 horsepower boost out of the Gallardo-derived FSI? They didn't replace the turbos or fit a new supercharger, nor did they bore out the cylinder block for bigger displacement. They simply fitted a new intake, catalyst, exhaust and cooling system, and tinkered with the ECU. B&B are also offering an adjustable suspension and new springs that drop the ride height by 25mm. The result? A claimed 0-60 run in a scant 3.6 seconds. That's well into supercar territory, as many a Porsche and Ferrari driver are bound to discover when baited into an impromptu red-light drag race. Nice work if you can get it.
    I told ya

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

So I guess a factory V is "crappier" than a worked over RS6...

v84life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver

The RS6 is heavy. More weight needs more HP to keep up. I'll be happy with tuned V2

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    So I guess a factory V is "crappier" than a worked over RS6...
    Yay! Jim got to put in his .02 worthless cents just so he can get a jab in. If you would have read earlier on I said that there is plenty of potential in the TTV10 and this just goes to show that without doing really anything major it's putting out 715 hp and doing 3.6 0-60's, and that's before replacing the turbos and doing anything to the engine itself

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

I told ya
    They simply fitted a new intake, catalyst, exhaust and cooling system, and tinkered with the ECU.
    A 2009 CTS-V with intake, high flow cats, exhaust, cooling upgrades and an aggressively tuned ECU will be right there with it. I don't see what this post is supposed to prove, other than modding a Forced Induction car gets big results. I think we all already knew this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Yay! Jim got to put in his .02 worthless cents just so he can get a jab in. If you would have read earlier on I said that there is plenty of potential in the TTV10 and this just goes to show that without doing really anything major it's putting out 715 hp and doing 3.6 0-60's, and that's before replacing the turbos and doing anything to the engine itself
    No, calling the V's engine "crappier" than the ZR1s is your worthless .02. And what I said rings true. haha, rings, as the one in Germany in which the V torched the RS6. As for worked over LSAs and LS9s, there aren't any...yet. And since the LSX has always taken well to mods, your little Audi tantrum is pretty much meaningless.

Shove it, little boy.

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

Nice looking, for a wagon.

Still... it's a wagon...

Still... de-badged, it would be fun...

Wagon, hmmm...

Nah.

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

they replaced the turbo's because closing down the waste gate and increasing the boost killed them. Which is probably indicative of what is going to happen to the motor not too long in the future. Comparing modded cars is impossible. How stupid crazy do you want to get is on an individual basis. The question is how long do you want your parst to last. Lightly modded STS-V is over 600hp on stock boost and should be fairly reliable. I would think the new GM motors are more than capable of generating massive amounts of power when modded. Remember they restrict the airflow in and out to keep the blowers quiet since its a caddy. so 650+ with intake, tune and exhaust alone is achieveable in my eyes. I consider that lightly modded.

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Yes, Audi does beautiful interiors, you can get tons of power out of the turbo cars if you're prepared to put up with the engine-compartment packaging of that results. I find the RS6 wagon truly beautiful, far nicer than the Cadillac.

That said, Audi tends to do pretty ponderous, leaden chassis (certainly applies to my C5 S6 Avant and the one C5 RS6 sedan and most of the recent A4/S4 I've driven; I haven't been in a position to drive the present RS6 but the press has pretty much lumped it into that bucket) and they tend not to use one part when three will do the job - the sheer parts count in the Audi engine compartment is probably 3x that of the Cadillac.

And it's academic in the US anyway, as Audi's not bringing most of their interesting present-day hardware to this country. Instead, we get crap like the Q7. Thing looks like a '30s locomotive, tiny windows, outward visibility sucks, feel is okay but that's about all.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I can't wait for my crappy CTS-V with its full fangled M5 crushing crappiness. Bring on huge crappy gobs of forced-induction antquated pushrod torque. If this LSA is crappy, then Im going to be one happy pig in sh*t.

terminal Velocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Comparing a modified car to a stock one, unless you're talking price which makes it even more lopsided in this case, makes little sense to me. Why the hate?

OMG. Are you people really that dense? Did you just read the last page and decide to reply? Go back to the beginning and start from there. People were talking crap about the RS6, I said that stock for stock the CTS-V would most likely take the RS6 but at the same time that there was plenty of potential with the TTV10 and I then posted up what a company did with just the base model non-turbo'd V10 from the Gallarado and it was making over 900 hp. Then a couple of days later I happened to see these tuners companies doing basically very little and the big improvement that it netted and now I'm comparing stock cars to modded ones? The stupidity that comes out of the CTS-V section is only matched by that of teens that are at Honda forums. You guys have such selective memory, if you actually read that thread I was actually giving a lot of kudos to the CTS-V but I guess you guys forgot all about that

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

No, I got you.

terminal Velocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

OMG. Are you people really that dense? Did you just read the last page and decide to reply? Go back to the beginning and start from there. People were talking crap about the RS6, I said that stock for stock the CTS-V would most likely take the RS6 but at the same time that there was plenty of potential with the TTV10 and I then posted up what a company did with just the base model non-turbo'd V10 from the Gallarado and it was making over 900 hp. Then a couple of days later I happened to see these tuners companies doing basically very little and the big improvement that it netted and now I'm comparing stock cars to modded ones? The stupidity that comes out of the CTS-V section is only matched by that of teens that are at Honda forums. You guys have such selective memory, if you actually read that thread I was actually giving a lot of kudos to the CTS-V but I guess you guys forgot all about that
    You say you give kudos, but you still have an air of "I told you so" in your tone. Go to an Audi forum, then...

Quote Originally Posted by terminal Velocity View Post
    You say you give kudos, but you still have an air of "I told you so" in your tone. Go to an Audi forum, then...
    The big question mark for the V is how will the pistons in the LSA hold up because from what I have been hearing, those are not very good. Either way it is a good time to be a Cadillac fan
    Oh I'm not saying that this thing isn't going going to be a monster because this thing will be a monster! But there will always be those people that in stock trim it just isn't fast enough and that's what I will be interested in seeing as to how these LSA's hold up. Like I said it's all speculation at this point but testing has shown that forged internals are better then eutetic internals. But as for using "crappier" to describe the internals that wasn't the best choice of words to describe it but either way any adjective that means not as good would suffice
    And then from there we went on joking about future threads we would see and everything was going well until jim had to stir the pot like usual and then it turned into the cluster f*** that is the rest of this thread. So by these posts that shows that I have a "I told you so" tone? If anything it shows that I'm psyched to see this thing but at the same time (like any other car) there's a couple of things that still have a big question mark about them. So if not slobbing the knob of everything that Cadillac makes makes me some sorta "I told you so" tone then welcome to car forums! It's called having a conversation about pro's, con's, and anything in between. You think that just because this is a Cadillac forum people aren't allowed to question things and that we should just be like ZOMG ITZ THE CADILLAC!!!!1!!!1!!!!!!!11! ITZ PURFECT!!!!!!!

EDIT: And also I like how you have a whopping 52 posts and have been here for half the amount of time I have been here and your telling me to go to another forum lol silly noobs

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.