Saleable V2 builds to being 8/4 or 8/11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Saleable V2 builds to being 8/4 or 8/11 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; All executive and "magazine" cars left the plant on Friday 8/1 and the first batch of saleable cars will start ...
    Woody_MI is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Black Raven CTS-V

Thumbs up Saleable V2 builds to being 8/4 or 8/11

All executive and "magazine" cars left the plant on Friday 8/1 and the first batch of saleable cars will start either this Monday or next Monday. Hope to be able to provide proof later in the week.

The word around the plant is $68k (don't know if that is base or not and the STS-V jumps to $81k) which is around what all of the wise members of this forum speculated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

chris1268 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 cts-v

Re: Saleable V2 builds to being 8/4 or 8/11

Any word on placing the actual orders then? I still can not get my order number from my dealer.

Woody_MI is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Black Raven CTS-V

My source isn't knowledgable in that area as they build they build the cars and have no interaction with that part of the process. My source said that the first batch of saleable cars are built and held at the plant while they get feedback from the executive/magazine group. This allows them to fix any issues prior to releasing the cars to the public and having to do a recall. They also confirmed the plant will be shutting down in December or January to retool for the coupe. No word on when it will be available or if a V version is plannned, as the retooling will be a major project. They couldn't remember ever having built a coupe at that plant.

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too).

Nice. I can't wait to read the reviews from car mags.

chris1268 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 cts-v

Thanks for the info.....Hopefully that means we are still looking at an October/Novemebr release timeframe.

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thanks for this new info. Looks like production has begun much sooner than we thought... great news! Hopefully the car mags only feedback is to reduce the sticker.

Dr Chill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS, 03 Z06 LS2 408 track car, 07 Q7 tow vehicle

I doubt 8/4 since dealer orders are still not being accepted yet.

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Dr Chill is right. You will not see a saleable car built before a dealer takes an order. I am willing to bet you do not see a saleable car coming down the line for at least a month from now and even then it will be a stretch. Then you have to hope that there is not a shut down like on ZR1 production, but that is due to fitment issues with the CF parts from what I am hearing.

My prediction is that the first one will come off the line 2-4 weeks AFTER dealers take orders.

Rich H is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

$68K sounds more reasonable than some of the low ball figures I'm seeing in the car mags. I would expect that price to cover some options but not likely the Recaro seats and auto tranny - but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by GNSCOTT View Post
    Dr Chill is right. You will not see a saleable car built before a dealer takes an order. I am willing to bet you do not see a saleable car coming down the line for at least a month from now and even then it will be a stretch. Then you have to hope that there is not a shut down like on ZR1 production, but that is due to fitment issues with the CF parts from what I am hearing.

My prediction is that the first one will come off the line 2-4 weeks AFTER dealers take orders.
    Although that certainly seems logical, it is still theoretical. If this guy provides proof like he says that cars are being built then that would be good news for all of us. I suppose there is a scenario that GM will want to delay the launch even if the car is ready, not unlike Ford is doing with the F-150.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

I hope one of the shows/mags getting one to look at is Top Gear The GT-R hauled ass around their track with The Stig. Although it's a different class of car I'm still curious where the CTS-V will do.

68K sounds about right for where I've been guessing with auto and options. (65-70K + Gas guzzler). So if true, potential owners need to be planning on a 70K car, especially if buying one right off the bat.

The coupe info would seem to make the car mags correct in their estimates of a May time frame.

GT-R and The Stig (if you haven't seen it)

[youtube]UbdZn3-Zq9g[/youtube]

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

Quote Originally Posted by Woody_MI View Post
    My source isn't knowledgable in that area as they build they build the cars and have no interaction with that part of the process. My source said that the first batch of saleable cars are built and held at the plant while they get feedback from the executive/magazine group. This allows them to fix any issues prior to releasing the cars to the public and having to do a recall. They also confirmed the plant will be shutting down in December or January to retool for the coupe. No word on when it will be available or if a V version is plannned, as the retooling will be a major project. They couldn't remember ever having built a coupe at that plant.
    It's a newer plant and no they have never build a coupe there.

BigFred is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Black 2014 Vsport Premium

$68k, oh that hurts. I know the performance commands it, but $18k more than the last V with the main additional features of magnetic shocks and a supercharger? I consider the other features a matter of keeping up with the competition. A $70k company car

Quote Originally Posted by BigFred View Post
    $68k, oh that hurts. I know the performance commands it, but $18k more than the last V with the main additional features of magnetic shocks and a supercharger? I consider the other features a matter of keeping up with the competition. A $70k company car
    That number has me skeptical as well. You are right, $18k for an extra 150hp is not cheap horsepower. In context of the market it is still value but at that price I will be waiting a while for my discount.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

The last time I looked the difference between the 09V and the 1st Gen V was more than adding 150HP. The whole car is completely new.

If the price is too much then keep (or buy) and existing CTS-V and stick a S/C on it. You'll end up in the same ballpark with power for a lot less money, if that's all you're looking for.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.