Is CTS-V safe from budget cuts?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Is CTS-V safe from budget cuts? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Is anyone worried that GM's desperate measures to cut costs and switch to more fuel-efficient vehicles might cause the '09 ...
    OzarksHillbilly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V

Is CTS-V safe from budget cuts?

Is anyone worried that GM's desperate measures to cut costs and switch to more fuel-efficient vehicles might cause the '09 V to be canceled?

I'm hoping it's too far along in the pipeline to be detoured now. But does anyone with more actual knowledge have any insight to offer?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Re: Is CTS-V safe from budget cuts?

It will be a limited production vehicle anyway, and like you say it's development is pretty much done. I say it's safe for now.

lusterblade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Everything has pretty much been paid for, such as tooling so its relatively safe

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Are there any production numbers yet?

lusterblade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Are there any production numbers yet?
    Yes and no. There are production numbers but I don't think that they are public and that I could release them.

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It is NOT limited production and GM will build every one they have an order for. There is no way it can be cancelled now. The investment has been made and now its time to get tons of free publicity in every car rag on the stands. Even Chrysler made the Viper at a loss because it needed a halo car to help their image and Caddy needs the same.

The only reason why the ZR-1 is limited production is because of carbon fiber parts suppliers. GM says it is limited to 2000 units because they think they will only sell 2000 units per year average. Unless you see a tag on the car that says #__ of 2000 or something like that, it is not limited.

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

I'm more concerned about the viability of a third gen V - That's what's in the pipeline now. Today's CTS and its variants are all but done.

Seems we're living the 70s all over again - Imports had the upperhand on small, fuel efficient cars and Detroit struggled to get caught up.

Here at the local dealer in IL, there is a new Challenger and a #454 of 1000 Superbee collecting dust on the lot. If the economy was healthy, they'd be gone. Will the V be the same?

And I saw a Priu$ on the way home from work with big chrome Turdra badging. All I can say there is crap on crap.

Quote Originally Posted by GNSCOTT View Post
    It is NOT limited production and GM will build every one they have an order for.
    GM's statements to the press all along is that the CTS-V will see production numbers that would be LIMITED to about 7000 units annually. Now perhaps you have a different definition of what limited production means. But to GM it means they're are only going to build up to a certain number annually, not unlimited. So pardon me if I choose to listen to what they say to the public / press over your opinion of it.

"Production on the new CTS V-Series will start in September of 2008, and will be limited to about 7000 units annually. Internally, GM is referring to the car as "GMX322 V S/C."

http://jalopnik.com/cars/new-cars/20...s+v-305315.php

"MILFORD, Mich. - As final testing of the limited-edition 2009 CTS-V nears completion, the results suggest that Cadillac's upcoming sports sedan is entering the stratosphere of the world's highest-performing cars. Cadillac announces the following performance specifications for all-new 2009 CTS-V:"

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/09/2...56-horsepower/

"
    Known internally as "GMX322 V S/C", the 2009 CTS-V will likely begin production in September of 2008 and reach a maximum of 7,000 units per year."

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/30/s...adillac-cts-v/

"CTS-V production should get under way in fall 2008 and will be limited to about 7000 units annually."

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../70619001/1065

P-Funk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by StealthV View Post
    And I saw a Priu$ on the way home from work with big chrome Turdra badging. All I can say there is crap on crap.
    Did they at least put the TuRD sticker on it? There's nothing like a company telling everyone that their product is crap and people still buy it.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by P-Funk View Post
    Did they at least put the TuRD sticker on it? There's nothing like a company telling everyone that their product is crap and people still buy it.
    The Prius is not crap. It's a mix of regular and crap.

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    GM's statements to the press all along is that the CTS-V will see production numbers that would be LIMITED to about 7000 units annually. Now perhaps you have a different definition of what limited production means. But to GM it means they're are only going to build up to a certain number annually, not unlimited. So pardon me if I choose to listen to what they say to the public / press over your opinion of it.

"Production on the new CTS V-Series will start in September of 2008, and will be limited to about 7000 units annually. Internally, GM is referring to the car as "GMX322 V S/C."

http://jalopnik.com/cars/new-cars/20...s+v-305315.php

"MILFORD, Mich. - As final testing of the limited-edition 2009 CTS-V nears completion, the results suggest that Cadillac's upcoming sports sedan is entering the stratosphere of the world's highest-performing cars. Cadillac announces the following performance specifications for all-new 2009 CTS-V:"

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/09/2...56-horsepower/

"Known internally as "GMX322 V S/C", the 2009 CTS-V will likely begin production in September of 2008 and reach a maximum of 7,000 units per year."

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/30/s...adillac-cts-v/

"CTS-V production should get under way in fall 2008 and will be limited to about 7000 units annually."

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../70619001/1065

Limited to 7k units

Show me another 7k "limited production" car. If GM thought they could sell 12k units it would "limited" to ABOUT ( )12k units.

Quote Originally Posted by GNSCOTT View Post
    Limited to 7k units

Show me another 7k "limited production" car. If GM thought they could sell 12k units it would "limited" to ABOUT ( )12k units.

Yeah ain't it funny how they're all wrong, but your right

Dr Chill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS, 03 Z06 LS2 408 track car, 07 Q7 tow vehicle

If the rollout keeps getting pushed back, it won't even be 7000.

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

Bah, youse guise. At least argue about something worth arguing about. Like is LawFive a f a g for getting the slushbox, or is he a f a g for some other reason.

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Chill View Post
    If the rollout keeps getting pushed back, it won't even be 7000.
    This is unfortunately exactly right. My career is finance and GM is in very big trouble re: liquidity. They need cash, and at this point all costs associated with new products are sunk. If the car is not accretive it is at risk.

I think the V is very safe for now, but if sales do not meet expectations they will not hesitate to chop it faster than you can blink. Bragging rights used to be important, but not when survival is at stake. It is the next gen Cobalts of the world that will save GM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.