Electronic Parking Brake Info - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Electronic Parking Brake Info in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Kadonny Great info Tony, love the built in shift light. While on the subject, any info on ...
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Electronic Parking Brake Info

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    Great info Tony, love the built in shift light.

While on the subject, any info on the keyless entry and start system? Did you say the start will be a turn instead of a push? Also, will we get remote start? No info on the 09V page of Cadillac, maybe I should check Reeds site.
    The EZ Key system uses a chrome knob located where the ignition cylinder would normally be to start the car- twist it like a key and you're off. Remote start is not offered on V6 CTSs with the M6, so I would hazard a guess that the same applies to the V: No Auto = no remote start.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich H View Post
    Too many nanny controls on the automatic in "manual" tap shift - I'll gladly stick with the REAL manual tranny.
    The only nannies on the Auto that were described in his post were those that prevent you from mechanically overrevving the engine by dropping into second at 100mph. If you prefer to be able to do that, by all means get the stick. Don't forget that Heinricy's Nurburging record run was done in an Auto- I'll take those nannies any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualcams34 View Post
    As for holding on hills or any other thing related to movement forget it, it won't happen. The park brake module is watching every move you make.
    I hate to disagree, but this is right out of the TechLink image I posted:

Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Rich H is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post

The only nannies on the Auto that were described in his post were those that prevent you from mechanically overrevving the engine by dropping into second at 100mph. If you prefer to be able to do that, by all means get the stick. Don't forget that Heinricy's Nurburging record run was done in an Auto- I'll take those nannies any day.
    Precisely my point - Heinricy was using the full auto mode, not the tap shift mode which has more restrictions than benefits. Also, as you might recall, the reason he drove the automatic was that he was used to that car after driving it the previous week. If he had spent more time in the manual he likely would have driven that car and who knows what Ring time he might have achieved?

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich H View Post
    If he had spent more time in the manual he likely would have driven that car and who knows what Ring time he might have achieved?
    If there is a much better ring time to be gained on the platform Cadillac will most likely utilize the untapped resources (better driver, 6 Spd) to gain it for "the books" As of right now what they've shown is what the car is capable of even when all of the conditions are not "perfect". They've got the fastest sedan ring time with an auto xmission and a GM Exec behind the wheel.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Thanks Tony, that pretty much seals the automatic for me. Again, thanks.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Under what circumstances will a park brake "wear" exactly?
    The only time it is usually engaged is if the car is parked.
    I'd be scared to meet the person that can drive a modern GM car with all the lights flashing and claxons going off and not realize that their park brake is applied.

I can see the brake being used to stop the car in an emergency causing wear... but when was the last time you heard of that happening?
    I saw that part about using it to start on a hill, that is pretty cool, but how lazy do you have to be?
    Part of the fun of driving a stick is getting going on a hill. Technology is ruining everything

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

My bro-in-law has managed to drive through the parking brakes for over a mile on my last two GM vehicles with sticks. If GM parking brakes actually kept the wheels from turning, I'd agree with the no lining wear view.

Or maybe there's a message here about the bro-in-law.

Sooooo.... what are you trying to say?

I'd agree, rarely do I see them hold a car still anymore under power.
    Still the noise and light show should be a clue to some of us.

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

So GM knows most are clueless and makes them not hold on purpose?

You may be onto something Bill!

funkcity is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Lincoln has had these since 2003 on the LS.
    Jaguar S-Type being the sister car also had the EPB.

The logic described by Cadillac is exactly how the Lincoln and Jag work. It is truly a no brainer.

The big plus is space savings. On the LS it netted a huge center console storage compartment which was all used up in earlier cable-style Emergency hand brakes.

So yes this IS a good thing.

I think it is more of a function (or lack thereof) of the design more than a design of the function... if that makes sense?

Well on a lot of the 04-07 CTS-Vs the Emerg brake was almost a joke. So if this one actually works that will be an improvement.

It works on the ones I adjusted.... I can't speak for the rest

Dr Chill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS, 03 Z06 LS2 408 track car, 07 Q7 tow vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    If there is a much better ring time to be gained on the platform Cadillac will most likely utilize the untapped resources (better driver, 6 Spd) to gain it for "the books" As of right now what they've shown is what the car is capable of even when all of the conditions are not "perfect". They've got the fastest sedan ring time with an auto xmission and a GM Exec behind the wheel.
    John Heinricy is no ordinary GM exec. He is a phenominal driver and racer. From Wikipedia:

John Heinricy is a U.S. automotive engineer and noted racecar driver.

Heinricy has had a long and distinguished career at General Motors, serving as assistant chief engineer for the Corvette and as Director of the GM Performance Division.

He also campaigns a variety of GM products in SCCA competition, winning the annual SCCA National Championship Runoffs in Corvettes and and Camaros , Firebirds and a Chevrolet Cobalt.

In 2007, Heinricy claimed his 11th SCCA Runoffs championship (driving a Chevy Cobalt in Showroom Stock C). Heinricy presently holds the third most Runoffs titles, behind Duane Davis (13) and Jerry Hansen (27).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Chill View Post
    John Heinricy is no ordinary GM exec. He is a phenominal driver and racer.
    He's certainly not your average desk driver. But don't you think they could produce an even quicker ring time if they so desired ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.