High Res 09V photos from Fontana - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, High Res 09V photos from Fontana in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; V2 wheels will not be the rare commodity that V1 wheels were....
    HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

Re: High Res 09V photos from Fontana

V2 wheels will not be the rare commodity that V1 wheels were.

Bluhair is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (???)/2009 GTR (Nov.)/96 SC400/07 Denali/05 E350

They are 19s.

I'll probably just charge what they cost a the dealership + shipping. They will be brand new, as I will probably have my dealership mount my HREs. The tires will be coming with the wheels, which are PS2s (I think).

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

Sweet car for sure.

FrgMstr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade 07

Thanks for the pictures OP! They helped me with a couple of questions I had.

Izzmeister is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Arrow Re: High Res 09V photos from Fontana

I don't know about you guys but......I really hate the way the 09 looks. It's awesome performance wise but it looks cheesy. The current one looks way better. The regular cts looks much better than the new V IMO........They made the bottom grill taller than the top, that kills it. The chrome on the window trim looks really cheesy and the interior looks like a cheap infiniti interior, sux. I am definitely keeping my current V. Ok, now you can boot me, LOL......

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

It's all the "eye of the beholder," so it is what it is for you.

That said: you make some good points and some not so good points. Much as pictures of the CTS did not do it justice, pictures of the CTS-V somehow focus attention on the upper vs. lower grill and the "underbite" look of the splitter. I felt as you did about this until my first in-person look in Detroit, when I fell in love with how the car looks. Between Detroit and Fontana I spent hours staring at the car from different angles, and I still love it. I'll be surprised if you don't feel more positive about the front end aesthetics after you've had some hands-on time with the real thing. Unless you already have, of course, in which case... never mind.

All that said: mine will be black, and I plan on powdercoating the grills and all of the damned chrome on the car.

Your least defensible point is "cheap infiniti interior, sux." Have you spent time sitting in the car, examining the materials and the fit/finish? Awesomeness! The only thing they got wrong and a little cheesy is the carbon fiber trim. Shoulda been wood.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

As lawfive said, the pictures really don't do it justice. I was surprised at the Detoit show how different it looked in person, and as far as the upper/lower grill ratio and chrome, they look great in person. The biggest surprise to me in your comments were the "cheap" interior. Even the V6 CTS has been universally praised as one of the best interiors on the road today, and the V adds the gloss black trim, suede accents and LED tracers on the dash to make it even nicer. Here's what MT said about the V6 CTS:

Quote Originally Posted by Motor Trend
    The 2008 CTS carries it's penchant for beauty right into the cockpit. In comparison, a Mercedes C350 cabin looks bleak and severe; the Honda Accord's dash seems fussy- and not as well made. Cadillac's interior team has balanced form, function and panache as deftly as we've seen it done- in some ways (that brilliantly simple yet powerful nav/info system) better than anyone).
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323 (ask for Tony)

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

the cadillac kid is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): > BMUU

Quote Originally Posted by Izzmeister View Post
    I don't know about you guys but......I really hate the way the 09 looks. It's awesome performance wise but it looks cheesy. The current one looks way better. The regular cts looks much better than the new V IMO........They made the bottom grill taller than the top, that kills it. The chrome on the window trim looks really cheesy and the interior looks like a cheap infiniti interior, sux. I am definitely keeping my current V. Ok, now you can boot me, LOL......
    thats how i felt about it too. in fact, i was totally turned off by the front bumper cover.

...but then, i saw it at the New York Auto Show...
    i'm a believer.

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Izzmeister View Post
    I don't hate the way it looks but I also think they could have done a better job with the front grill / bumper (won't keep me from leasing one). You really thinkg an Infinity interior looks better?

Hokie99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by v84life View Post
    The fuzzy wheel won't be standard so you don't have to get it Personally I think it looks great. If it's good enough for the super cars then it's good enough for me.
    My M3 has the same alcantara wheel, you'd be amazed how great it feels. It also doesn't get super hot in the sun like the black leather interior.

Fire and Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Very nice photos. Thank you again for coming out to the event!

1FASTSS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Cadillac CTS-V...1996 Camaro SS w/500hp

Nice pics...thanks for sharing...makes me want one even more...if thats even possible!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.