What happens when!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, What happens when!!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The ***go dealers decide to do what they are doing with the zr1 with the Gen 2 V series????? who ...
    LUVMY04V is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 cadillac cts v

What happens when!!!!

The ***go dealers decide to do what they are doing with the zr1 with the Gen 2 V series?????

who will buy if the price reaches 85-90k

This will make you sick
    http://jalopnik.com/396780/dealer-go...rice-of-413000

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bluhair is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (???)/2009 GTR (Nov.)/96 SC400/07 Denali/05 E350

Re: What happens when!!!!

I don't think this will happen

I have my deposit in, with the price "to be determined" and a option to walk. However, he told me to expect 60K, 66K out the door.

I also want to add that I have given him my build specs, and I should be getting a "information packet" and a way to track the build process up until the middle of August, when I am supposed to be taking delivery.

I specifically hinted at a markup, and both dealerships I talked to said there was not going to be any mark up.

I hope your right....I just saw that link and it made me angry at those greedy dealers

I hope that is a isolated incident.

I had to deal with some of that, getting a GTR.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

When demand is greater than supply, the price of any item becomes "whatever they'll pay for it". Don't forget that MSRP stands for "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price". Just to be clear: I don't condone this at all, and think paying 4x MSRP would require a special kind of lunacy. I've already guaranteed one Forum Member a CTS-V at MSRP, and am still taking deposits if more folks would like to lock in MSRP as well.

However:

It's a free market economy. As buyers, we're all very accustomed to asking the Dealer for a discount when MSRP is above "fair market value", so why should we be outraged if a Dealer asks the same when MSRP is below market value?

Food for thought.
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323 (ask for Tony)

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    When demand is greater than supply, the price of any item becomes "whatever they'll pay for it". Don't forget that MSRP stands for "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price". Just to be clear: I don't condone this at all, and think paying 4x MSRP would require a special kind of lunacy. I've already guaranteed one Forum Member a CTS-V at MSRP, and am still taking deposits if more folks would like to lock in MSRP as well.

However:

It's a free market economy. As buyers, we're all very accustomed to asking the Dealer for a discount when MSRP is above "fair market value", so why should we be outraged if a Dealer asks the same when MSRP is below market value?

Food for thought.
    your a good guy tony but i understand the dealers asking 15-20k (which is alot in my book) over msrp for a car of the zr1's magnitude but that stuff was crazy. Now if and in my opinion when the v starts getting the same attention hopefully the same wont happen.

But those guys buying zr1's will probebly want a 4 door version as well

Oh I agree- The only thing more ridiculous than a Dealer charging 4x MSRP is the person dumb enough to pay it. I just wanted to point out that scarce quantities of a high demand product makes the MSRP meaningless. Enzo Ferraris all sold for at least $500,000 to $1,000,000 over MSRP because of the exclusivity, so some people might be willing to pay $400k for a ZR-1. It's still A Million cheaper than the Enzo, right?
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

chris1268 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 cts-v

Exclamation Re: What happens when!!!!

I also want to add that I have given him my build specs, and I should be getting a "information packet" and a way to track the build process up until the middle of August, when I am supposed to be taking delivery.

Are you saying that the dealership told you the V2 would be delivered to you in the middle of August?

Dr Chill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS, 03 Z06 LS2 408 track car, 07 Q7 tow vehicle

Unfortunately, your build specs are sitting in a file in your salesman's desk while GM has still not issued an order guide to the dealers. August has mysteriously turned into October/November if we're lucky, right Tony?

Unfortunately, your Dealer is being a little "optimistic" by saying August. We already have the order guide up On-Line, but it contains no prices and will not let us complete and submit an order yet. If they were hitting lots in August, we'd already have prices and be ordering.

GM has never said anything except "Q4 2008" for the release of the 2009 CTS-V. That means that if it comes out by Dec. 31st, they've hit their goal.
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL

www.cadillactony.com

MIACTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

My dealer said they expected them in late Sept or Oct and I can wait until October, But I'll probably have a nervous breakdown if i have to wait to Dec 31

I WANT IT NOW!!!!

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post

However:

Food for thought.
    You are right on the money here. MSRP is suggested and dealers should not feel bad about charging more if they can get it.

My only problem is if/when I get 'retraded'. I don't think it is ethical for a dealer to agree on a price (or spot in line), and retrade you when they realize they have a higher bidder. They should take all options into consideration before the hand shake and stand by their word. As long as this practice continues, dealer's can't complain about customers that order cars and then walk. I personally can't stand either practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    You are right on the money here. MSRP is suggested and dealers should not feel bad about charging more if they can get it.

My only problem is if/when I get 'retraded'. I don't think it is ethical for a dealer to agree on a price (or spot in line), and retrade you when they realize they have a higher bidder.
    Absolutely. Charging market value for a car sitting on your lot is one thing, but changing the price after an agreement has been made just stinks.
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL

www.cadillactony.com

Dealers are notorious, for being "optimistic" about many things when selling the car. I was choosing between two dealerships, one said November and one said mid-august, guess which one got my deposit?

I am all too familiar with release dates, I have had a 10K deposit on a Nissan GTR since January. The latest story, is that they are in country, but Nissan hasn't finished their dealer training. What are they training for, the GM of the dealership already sold me the car, and the other 5 allocations he had behind me?!?!?!?

Plenty of GTR horror stories out there. I fortunately have a GM, that I know well....Like where he lives.....LOL!

Seriously though, Cadillac has been a treat to deal with, and my car could come in December and not matter a bit. What I am sweating for is my new toy/track car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.