Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Replacing Entertainment System

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  CIWS 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever replaced the stereo/nav on a CTS with a double DIN head unit? I love the CTS-V, but I can't buy a car with a Bose stereo unless it can be replaced.

#5 ·
I'm just not looking to drop large coin on a performance automobile with a second-rate sound system. Under current anti-racing laws in Ontario I'm far more likely to crank the tunes than the engine. If that makes me spoiled, you bet. Cheers, Twoputt.

That's correct.

#8 ·
It's been done on the old CTS-V. There was an A/V thread recently that showed a new head unit. I have no idea whether it's been done on the new CTS.

#9 ·
The Bose system in the 2008 CTS (and thus the 2009 CTS-V also) rocks pretty hard. I have the Bass in my 04 maxed out and still wish for more, but I find the 08 to have plenty even at the "neutral" setting. The highs are also a lot more crisp in the 08 than my 04.

Try taking your favorite CD to a Dealer and trying it out before you write it off as junk.

#11 ·
#10 ·
Correct me if I am wrong, but you can probably get some good pre-amp outputs from the stock head unit with afermarket Bose gizmo's and use aftermarket amps and speakers with the stock head unit to good effect couldn't you?? Really the stock nav and entertainment setup is probably better than what would come in any aftermarket head unit anyhow. I could see aftermarket amps and speakers being better than the bose setup if you spent a lot of coin though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.