Possible MPG for CTS-V. The ZR1 will apparently get 14 city / 20 highway - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Possible MPG for CTS-V. The ZR1 will apparently get 14 city / 20 highway in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Dr Chill Anyone seriously considering this car shouldn't care. We don't need snobs here. I expect this ...
    Mystical_Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V

Re: Possible MPG for CTS-V. The ZR1 will apparently get 14 city / 20 highway

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Chill View Post
    Anyone seriously considering this car shouldn't care.
    We don't need snobs here. I expect this kind of attitude out of Rolls Royce or Bentley owners.

Not everyone that's buying a GenII CTS-V has a $500k/year salary, I know I don't, and so yes, for a daily driver, MPG is definately a valid, legitimate concern.

Take that shit to the Ferrari forums...

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Mystical_Ice you are exactly right. It will be premium only, fuel costs are rising, and not to mention the lower mpg is, the more GG tax you will pay up front.

Dr Chill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS, 03 Z06 LS2 408 track car, 07 Q7 tow vehicle

If gas mileage is an issue to you, then you shouldn't seriously consider this car. Is that better? I hope rewording it this way will make my sentiment less offensive to you. How could a 4200 lb sedan with 556 hp not get shitty gas mileage?

We all hate filling up too often due to poor mileage, and we all like keeping the money in our pocket rather than shelling it out to a gas company. But I want this car and don't care how bad fuel mileage it gets because I will buy it even if it gets 5 miles to the gallon. I know many of you feel the same way. I only drive 8000 miles a year. I don't think there will be too many buyers that put 20,000 miles a year on a car like this. Anyone putting up numbers like that need a CTS-V as a second car.

If someone really wants this car and can afford the $70,000 which is what it will cost after taxes, or the $1000 per month on a lease, then the gas mileage really won't make enough difference to cause a buyer to buy a car with better mileage.

My original statement should have been-Anyone seriously considering this car shouldn't care, because they know the gas mileage will be pretty poor.

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Gasoline is still relatively cheap and I don't care about MPG. Let Priu$ drivers worry about that.

Quiz Time:

1. How many "standard size" bottles of water does it take to make a gallon?
    2. Is bottled water less or more expensive per gallon than gasoline?
    3. Which one comes out of a municipal water supply?*
    4. How many V owners will scare themselves shitless the first time they turn off traction control and try to "impress" some friends?

*And people think oil companies are making all the money.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

IIRC, Oil company profits were at about 10% last year. That is really low compared to some other big companies that we all buy from.

I don't understand how mileage can be of any concern with this car... I mean, what would you consider 'good' mileage? The ZR1 is predicted to get 14/20? Even if the V managed this, thats still crappy mileage!

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Seems not many complain about buying over priced tap water in a plastic bottle yet are concerned about V fuel bills.

America is broken. Don't worry, one is promising "change."

Start handing it over in '09.

marshall_law is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

MPG doesn't bother me so much as Miles Per Tank (MPT?)... Obviously all things being equal, I'd rather have more fuel effeciency and cheaper gas, but the most annoying thing to me is having to stop at a gas station every ~200 miles. Let's hope they put a bigger tank than the standard ~16 gallon in the CTS (maybe ~20) so we can get a 300+ mile range out of this bad boy.

330toSRT8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by marshall_law View Post
    MPG doesn't bother me so much as Miles Per Tank (MPT?)... Obviously all things being equal, I'd rather have more fuel effeciency and cheaper gas, but the most annoying thing to me is having to stop at a gas station every ~200 miles. Let's hope they put a bigger tank than the standard ~16 gallon in the CTS (maybe ~20) so we can get a 300+ mile range out of this bad boy.
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I believe the appropriate term is "cruise range," at least that's what the mags use.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.