New V2 Video No Wheel Hop!!!!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New V2 Video No Wheel Hop!!!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Good nannies =better traction + tires that last over 10K. Bring on the nannies though I'd like to be able ...
    HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

Re: New V2 Video No Wheel Hop!!!!!

Good nannies =better traction + tires that last over 10K. Bring on the nannies though I'd like to be able to disable them when desired.

The torque management in my STS-V costs .1-.2s, but eliminates wheel hop and makes the PS2's last a longer. I seldom even put it into competative mode. I just go into sD and let the electronics do their job and eat rice all day long. It would have to be a very close race to need those last few tenths.

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    That's the PTM kicking in- I don't mind nannies as long as they don't achieve their goal by gutting the car, which obviously isn't happening too much with those times.

Besides- the STS-V crowd has already proven how easy it is to give the nanny her walking papers, right?
    T, we have the old source code in the STSv's that doesnt track software changes. And um, I dont know what youre speaking of....

Quote Originally Posted by HiTechRV View Post
    Good nannies =better traction + tires that last over 10K. Bring on the nannies though I'd like to be able to disable them when desired.

The torque management in my STS-V costs .1-.2s, but eliminates wheel hop and makes the PS2's last a longer. I seldom even put it into competative mode. I just go into sD and let the electronics do their job and eat rice all day long. It would have to be a very close race to need those last few tenths.

HTRV, Traction control and Torque mgmt will pull timing out to get your wheels planted, and you will lose time. I see it all the time in my slushie STSv. I HATE it! Sure youre rubber lasts longer, but Im happy to scrub those shitty PS2s off.

F

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

So let me see if I've got this straight. An automatic set the record for four door sedans at the Nurburgring? And it was limited to a top speed of 175mph? Hmmm.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

I have no wheel hop doing a burnout: Specter "works" bushings (bonus video inside)

Not arguing anything. Just saying that, on the current V, you can do it. I still get it in the rain, or if I'm launching hard and the tires try to get loose. But if I give it enough gas to spin the tires on purpose, I dont get hop.

Sure hope they fixed it on the new one though.

Tony

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    So let me see if I've got this straight. An automatic set the record for four door sedans at the Nurburgring? And it was limited to a top speed of 175mph? Hmmm.
    M5's AMGs and such are typically limited to 155 or so in Germany. I'm not sure you can get much over 150 on the long straight away on the ring unless you are in a Veyron.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

M5's AMGs and such are typically limited to 155 or so in Germany. I'm not sure you can get much over 150 on the long straight away on the ring unless you are in a Veyron.
    That was my thought. But it also shows that the Caddy can handle as it takes more than brute force to master da' ring.

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    That was my thought. But it also shows that the Caddy can handle as it takes more than brute force to master da' ring.
    Merc will sell you some AMG models with the limiter lifted to 300kph, though maybe not in the US. I suspect the V can top 150 on that front straight as long as they're running it in full-track mode and not the 'civilian' rent-a-track version where the tollbooth/parking lot is right in the middle of the straight.

What it takes to master the Nordschleife is a suspension that works well in the real world. The track is full of elevation change and little dips and yumps that mean you've got to have real suspension travel and minimal bumpsteer and so on.

Oh and yeah, power helps a lot too.

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    Merc will sell you some AMG models with the limiter lifted to 300kph, though maybe not in the US. I suspect the V can top 150 on that front straight as long as they're running it in full-track mode and not the 'civilian' rent-a-track version where the tollbooth/parking lot is right in the middle of the straight.

What it takes to master the Nordschleife is a suspension that works well in the real world. The track is full of elevation change and little dips and yumps that mean you've got to have real suspension travel and minimal bumpsteer and so on.

Oh and yeah, power helps a lot too.
    John Heinricy noted that he did hit 175 at the top of 5th gear, right before the breaking zone at the end of the long straight. He also said that they had the manual up to 191 on a circular track, reckoning it could eek out a bit more on a straight.

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by atdeneve View Post
    John Heinricy noted that he did hit 175 at the top of 5th gear, right before the breaking zone at the end of the long straight. He also said that they had the manual up to 191 on a circular track, reckoning it could eek out a bit more on a straight.
    If Cadillac decides to offer a 'Nordschleife option' - $10K, ten cars per batch, maybe three batches per year, Heinricy runs a three or four-day track school at the 'Ring maybe a la the BMW club program - I'm there.

They would, of course, be better off with an ECU calibration that takes ~200HP out of the car for the first two days.

The way the BMW program does it is that you learn one turn complex at a time, you don't get to run a full lap until you've seen each batch of turns individually (no, haven't yet done it yet, my list of excuses for why not is endless...)

And as far as 191mph goes - that's fine, I'll take his word for it. I'm assuming the V is going to get the XL-rated super-duper-high-speed PS2s.

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

on the nannies: I talked to the GM guys and PTM is NOT going to be in the car at launch... bottom line: less nannies...

Reed

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Is PTM something that's gonna be able to be turned off, like Traction Control and Stabilitrac? Given a choice, I think I would definitely choose to have the PTM option. As it is described, it seems to be a performance enhancer. However, I would also like to be able to deactivate it, if I so desire.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.