Cadillac Owners Forum banner
14K views 97 replies 40 participants last post by  onebadcad 
#1 ·
From here
http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/136

We knew what to expect, but now the specifications for the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V are official. Its 6.2-liter supercharged V8 produces 556 horsepower at 6,100rpm and 551 pound-feet of torque at 3,800rpm. Cadillac claims the CTS-V sedan will go from 0-to-60mph in just 3.9 seconds and through the quarter mile in 12 seconds flat.

Top speed when equipped with the six-speed automatic transmission is limited to 175mph. Get the six-speed manual and you’re free to run all the way to 191mph. Looks like Lutz’s declaration that the CTS-V will put the BMW M5 on a trailer are right – at least according to Cadillac’s numbers.

#3 · (Edited)
I can't wait to get my Black on Black 6sp manual 09 V...:cloud9: Hopefully I will be able to pick it up from the dealership by Oct...:worship:

#4 ·
Let me be the first to post (from work, no less):

BOOM!

That's a big ol bomb drop of Americana right on Merc/Audi/BMW and, heck, even Porsche/Lambo/Ferrari. There's gonna be some spankin' going on.

I know I wasn't around to tough it out in the good 'ol Cimaron days (God bless y'all who did), so call me a Johnny come lately if you must - but it's a great time to be a Caddy fan :bouncy:

#7 ·
Let the next bomb to drop be a nice price. This just keeps getting better and better.

#12 ·
Remember way back when I posted that the 0-60 time would be 4 flat, and there were a few people who said it was impossible? I think they also said that I have no advanced information and am "just a typical Salesman".

Where are you now, non-believers? :lol:

#15 ·
I'll wait for the NON-MFG Michigan plate cars to make their way into journalist hands for the end purchaser results. 3.9 to 60 was probably automatic.

Nice to see GM putting their money where their mouth is. We'll see if they can deliver John H performance or just considered the ultimate "driving machine" looking for the ultimate driver.

Stealth's math looks right on the money!

Norm

#29 ·
Kidhummer: Why is the automatic top speed 175? is there a speed limiter? can it be removed?

If I'm not getting my information jumbled in my head, I think I read a while back that the AT gearing would be shorter (final drive maybe?) in order to keep it's accel. on par with the manual. That would result in a slower top speed.

#30 ·
:worship: the :v:

:worship: cadillac tony

#37 ·
Torque converters come into play here also. I wonder what the towing capacity of the auto will be? A loose converter means it will not tow anything but have great performance as the loose conv allows the rpms to jump up in the operating range faster.

One reason that the trailblazer SS is not as quick as the GC SRT-8 is it's tight conveter allowing it to tow more than the GC.

Norm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.