Official specs - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Official specs in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by NormV Might be limited by the heat that automatics tend to generate. The one prototype at summit ...
    JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Official specs

Quote Originally Posted by NormV View Post
    Might be limited by the heat that automatics tend to generate. The one prototype at summit was running a trans cooler with it's auto. Might be the new Achilles heel for the V. I see the aftermarket now!
    We also don't know the gear spreads and final drive ratio yet (do we?) so it may just be an engine redline issue, the top in the automatic may just be shorter than the typically very tall T56/T6060 top.

175mph is still very, very serious speed and I have no trouble at all with being 'limited' to that number. I've only knocked on the 155 number a few times with the M5 (and probably most of that time was during the Euro Delivery trip) even though the limiter is now gone.

That's one thing that Cadillac can't quite match, though current Olde Worlde gas prices and exchange rates (and some changes to California use-tax regulations, if the term '91-day rule' means anything to you) make it less appealing than it once was.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

A little caddy bashing, yes, but overall I think there is a lot of curiosity!

BLACK_CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 Raven CTS-V - Maggie'd

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    A little caddy bashing, yes, but overall I think there is a lot of curiosity!
    There are a couple threads over there about the new V - I think it's pretty positive for the most part. There are a couple of brand-loyal guys, but that happens on every board. Even here

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

We do know the ratios but don't have them handy. Maybe Stealth could run the numbers real quick.

Euro delivery...maybe they'll do a Lansing/Grand Rapids delivery program.

I bet they'll have a V academy available on this one!

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    We also don't know the gear spreads and final drive ratio yet (do we?) so it may just be an engine redline issue, the top in the automatic may just be shorter than the typically very tall T56/T6060 top.

175mph is still very, very serious speed and I have no trouble at all with being 'limited' to that number. I've only knocked on the 155 number a few times with the M5 (and probably most of that time was during the Euro Delivery trip) even though the limiter is now gone.

That's one thing that Cadillac can't quite match, though current Olde Worlde gas prices and exchange rates (and some changes to California use-tax regulations, if the term '91-day rule' means anything to you) make it less appealing than it once was.

v84life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver

Silverspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Member

We do know the ratios but don't have them handy. Maybe Stealth could run the numbers real quick.

Euro delivery...maybe they'll do a Lansing/Grand Rapids delivery program.

I bet they'll have a V academy available on this one!

Norm

The gear ratios are exactly the same as in the A6 and the MN6(non-Z51) of the C6 Corvette. The only difference are the rear end ratio's. The A6 will get a 3.23 compared to a 2.56 in the C6 Corvette. This is a HUGE difference and might explain why the auto is faster( the A6 is geared very strong to begin with which is why the vette can get away with 2.56's.). Alot of the C6 guys are switching to 3.15's and the 08's come with a "2.73 peformance option" rear end. The MN6 will have a 3.73(in the V2) compared to a 3.42 for the C6. Not much of a difference.

There is not much difference between an auto C6 and an MN6 in the qtr. But if you analize the gearing above it becomes readily apparent why I think the A6 will be faster. It's gearing advantage more than overcomes it's weight and RWHP disadvantage. A 3.23 geared A6 vette would most likely walk a 3.42 geared MN6 vette. I see no reason why it should be different with this car........but don't quote me on it.

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Torque converters come into play here also. I wonder what the towing capacity of the auto will be? A loose converter means it will not tow anything but have great performance as the loose conv allows the rpms to jump up in the operating range faster.

One reason that the trailblazer SS is not as quick as the GC SRT-8 is it's tight conveter allowing it to tow more than the GC.

Norm

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Silverspeed View Post
    The gear ratios are exactly the same as in the A6 and the MN6(non-Z51) of the C6 Corvette. The only difference are the rear end ratio's. The A6 will get a 3.23 compared to a 2.56 in the C6 Corvette. This is a HUGE difference and might explain why the auto is faster( the A6 is geared very strong to begin with which is why the vette can get away with 2.56's.). Alot of the C6 guys are switching to 3.15's and the 08's come with a "2.73 peformance option" rear end. The MN6 will have a 3.73(in the V2) compared to a 3.42 for the C6. Not much of a difference.

There is not much difference between an auto C6 and an MN6 in the qtr. But if you analize the gearing above it becomes readily apparent why I think the A6 will be faster. It's gearing advantage more than overcomes it's weight and RWHP disadvantage. A 3.23 geared A6 vette would most likely walk a 3.42 geared MN6 vette. I see no reason why it should be different with this car........but don't quote me on it.

Well the one wild card in your analysis is our favorite subject.... traction.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Not a lot of difference from the original auto show specs, 6 hp and 1tq. I guess there wasn't much tuning left for them with that motor after all, at least what they felt safe with.

As far as the top speed difference between the auto and manual, I'll almost certainly never see 175mph, so 191 doesn't matter. The only advantage I could see for the manual would be better Hwy mileage, but won't know how much difference until they release that info.

Nice 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Remember way back when I posted that the 0-60 time would be 4 flat, and there were a few people who said it was impossible? I think they also said that I have no advanced information and am "just a typical Salesman".

Where are you now, non-believers?
    Amen Tony ^5. Apparently the weight is not quite the spoiler many people predicted ;-)

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

I'll wait for the NON-MFG Michigan plate cars to make their way into journalist hands for the end purchaser results. 3.9 to 60 was probably automatic.

Nice to see GM putting their money where their mouth is. We'll see if they can deliver John H performance or just considered the ultimate "driving machine" looking for the ultimate driver.

Stealth's math looks right on the money!

Norm
    Did he go back and update it? It was showing a lot slower car than these numbers originally.

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Remember way back when I posted that the 0-60 time would be 4 flat, and there were a few people who said it was impossible? I think they also said that I have no advanced information and am "just a typical Salesman".

Where are you now, non-believers?
    Remember the first gen V - Under 5 seconds? Seems the real world didn't match those numbers and the real world is where it counts. GM/Cadillac marketing created those hopes and dreams that turned out not to be true. What makes this time different?

Laser welding and 40-gig drives will not sell this car so my view of the Cadillac sales force stands.

razl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS-V Light Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by StealthV View Post
    Remember the first gen V - Under 5 seconds? Seems the real world didn't match those numbers and the real world is where it counts. GM/Cadillac marketing created those hopes and dreams that turned out not to be true. What makes this time different?
    For me so far: the Nurburgring. There's no faking what they did there, so I'm inclined to give their press releases a little more credence more this time. Yep, I'm out on a limb, let's hope Caddy doesn't let me (us!) down.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Laser welding and 40-gig drives will not sell this car so my view of the Cadillac sales force stands.
    Gen 1 was capable of 4.7 seconds with no hop, but it required a factory hotshoe and the stars being in alignment for it to happen. With the engineering changes to the axles and PTM, the new V is launching like a star. Now add in another 156 hp, 151 ft/lbs tq AND an automatic (which makes 0-60 runs incredibly consistent- look at the SRT Challenger. 4.7s over and over again).

The numbers will hold in the magazine comparos, and there will be a lot of people eating crow who said it couldn't be done.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Gen 1 was capable of 4.7 seconds with no hop, but it required a factory hotshoe and the stars being in alignment for it to happen. With the engineering changes to the axles and PTM, the new V is launching like a star. Now add in another 156 hp, 151 ft/lbs tq AND an automatic (which makes 0-60 runs incredibly consistent- look at the SRT Challenger. 4.7s over and over again).

The numbers will hold in the magazine comparos, and there will be a lot of people eating crow who said it couldn't be done.
    Seen firsthand at Summit Point...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.