Cadillac Owners Forum banner
14K views 97 replies 40 participants last post by  onebadcad 
#1 ·
From here
http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/136

We knew what to expect, but now the specifications for the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V are official. Its 6.2-liter supercharged V8 produces 556 horsepower at 6,100rpm and 551 pound-feet of torque at 3,800rpm. Cadillac claims the CTS-V sedan will go from 0-to-60mph in just 3.9 seconds and through the quarter mile in 12 seconds flat.

Top speed when equipped with the six-speed automatic transmission is limited to 175mph. Get the six-speed manual and you’re free to run all the way to 191mph. Looks like Lutz’s declaration that the CTS-V will put the BMW M5 on a trailer are right – at least according to Cadillac’s numbers.

#39 ·
Not a lot of difference from the original auto show specs, 6 hp and 1tq. I guess there wasn't much tuning left for them with that motor after all, at least what they felt safe with.

As far as the top speed difference between the auto and manual, I'll almost certainly never see 175mph, so 191 doesn't matter. The only advantage I could see for the manual would be better Hwy mileage, but won't know how much difference until they release that info.

Nice 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. :D

#49 ·
Dear LawFive,

Don't forget: you promised to wait a year. *grits teeth* You promised!

-- LawFive

#50 ·
dear 'the cadillac kid'
lawfive wont make it :lol:

#56 ·
RT's ears perk up at the prospects of thousands of 556 horsepower gas guzzlers driving up the price of her oil company stock...

#61 ·
#63 ·
^^^^^Thanks Tony... That some f***** up stuff

#92 ·
one of those articles quoted a GM guy as saying there's 10% more in there for tuners. Stock with a tune seems like a heck of ride, for a heck of a price.
My tuner, who btw was sworn to secrecy last year :canttalk:, told me they had one on an engine dyno and with modest effort got 700 hp.

A modded V2 is gonna rule the streets and tracks, IMHO. :yup:

#68 ·
Same here. I am doing a loaded black on black with a 6sp manual though.:yup:

#74 ·
Don't know if this has been posted but...Damn! that is going to be expensive to keep filled up! Just came back from the pump $4.79 per gallon for 91, you'll need 91 to run those numbers I bet, and I'm sure those 550+ horses are going to be thirsty. That being said, I will have my doubts as to buying one, but the car looks and sounds to be astounding...and outstanding! Even if they price price it right of $65K.

#78 ·
you're just that special ;)
you can callz me babe#2 :alchi:

#80 ·
'kay. be right back

#84 · (Edited)
There were two '09 CTS-Vs at California Speedway (the Cadillac Performance Experience) Saturday: the titanium car that set the 7:59 record at the Nurburgring, and a black pre-production car. The record car is fitted with the 6L90E automatic transmission! The lead engineer confirmed that the 6L90E is a double-clutch (or as he says, a "clutch-to-clutch") gearbox. Also, in case y'all ain't noticed, the wheels are attached with five lugs.

More possibly-old news: there are optional Recaro sports seats--nice!--and optional suede on the steering wheel and manual shifter--really secure grip.

#88 ·
The lead engineer confirmed that the 6L90E is a double-clutch (or as he says, a "clutch-to-clutch") gearbox.
A dual clutch! Wow, that's news to me.

So, no torque converter? Why wouldn't they have just used the same ratios as the manual? And, being dual clutch, wouldn't that make it, technically, still a manual. Sorta like DSG and SMG. And, with no break in acceleration, wouldn't that make it considerably faster than the stick?

I must be interpreting "double-clutch / 'clutch-to-clutch' gear box" wrong...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.