any lease pricing yet?????anyone??anyone??? - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, any lease pricing yet?????anyone??anyone??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Because of what I do for living I'm going to stay as far away from this argument as possible, since ...
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: any lease pricing yet?????anyone??anyone???

Because of what I do for living I'm going to stay as far away from this argument as possible, since I'm sure someone will eventuallly accuse me of having an ulterior motive. I will risk two quick statements though:

1- I leased my 2005 STS- It had a $50,000 sticker and cost me $14,000 for 2 years including tax, fees and interest. When the lease was over, comparable used STSs were bringing $25,000, which means leasing cost me $10,000 less than paying cash and trading after 2 years would have (not even taking into account still having $35,000 to invest by not paying cash).

2- The carinfo web site you linked to has some interesting information- some of it legitimate, some of it hysterical scare tactics to try to convince you to buy their "Fighting Chance Package" for $39.95.

The cosmic irony of a web site offering to sell people a $40 book explaining how not to get ripped off is staggering.
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323 (ask for Tony)

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Let me add that I own my CTS-V because I plan on keeping it for a long time and like to mod sports cars. If either of these apply to you, leasing is a BAD idea- by the time you pay the usage fees and rental tax PLUS the insane residual at the end you've way overpayed for the car.

If you're getting a car as temporary transportation (2 to 4 years, then dump it) leasing can be very beneficial by reducing total cost over that time period, as well as allowing you to keep more money in an interest bearing account instead if tying it up in a depreciating asset. If you keep a car for a long time, like to modify it OR just simply don't know what you're doing, stay away from the leases.
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323 (ask for Tony)

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post

2- The carinfo web site you linked to has some interesting information- some of it legitimate, some of it hysterical scare tactics to try to convince you to buy their "Fighting Chance Package" for $39.95.

The cosmic irony of a web site offering to sell people a $40 book explaining how not to get ripped off is staggering.
    indeed. but had i linked my dave ramsey site which explains it better people would accuse me of belonging to a cult

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Nevermind.

1fstkde is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    no thanks, i have done the math and posted about it many times in this thread. 14% APR, fees, turn in charges, no thanks...you can have it, "Mr. Savvy".

Leasing is renting in the eyes of the law, dont just take my word for it.
    that is why fleeces are NOT subject to federal full disclosure law. you have no idea what the REAL APR is you are paying, and why would you trust any dealer finance guy anyway? "Sign this, 6%, trust me"
    http://www.carinfo.com/autoleasing.html
    just google for tons more links.
    when YOU add us the math, YOU will realize how dumb fleecing is
    already did the math.....basically i paid for my 05ctsv a total of 16,400 for the two years and down payment..my 07 stsv will be costing me a total of 21,680 for the two years...so you tell me im i ahead??? im way ahead, plus dont have to worry about selling the car.

1fstkde is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)

does anyone know how much the lease will be on this car..??................never mind..lol

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

[QUOTE=Cadillac Tony;1491402]Let me add that I own my CTS-V because I plan on keeping it for a long time and like to mod sports cars. If either of these apply to you, leasing is a BAD idea- by the time you pay the usage fees and rental tax PLUS the insane residual at the end you've way overpayed for the car.

QUOTE]

Your point though on modding is very important. I own my Mustang Cobra because I mod it. I also effectively blew the warranty because of modding. I lease my CTS-V because I daily drive it and want zero hastles. One thing I have realized after years of modding is that it is absolutely no subsitute for a well built factory production daily driver with a good warranty.

CadV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2

no thanks, i have done the math and posted about it many times in this thread. 14% APR, fees, turn in charges, no thanks...you can have it, "Mr. Savvy".

Leasing is renting in the eyes of the law, dont just take my word for it.
    that is why fleeces are NOT subject to federal full disclosure law. you have no idea what the REAL APR is you are paying, and why would you trust any dealer finance guy anyway? "Sign this, 6%, trust me"
    http://www.carinfo.com/autoleasing.html
    just google for tons more links.
    when YOU add us the math, YOU will realize how dumb fleecing is
    Talk about disinformation...

My STS-V was 68k GMS plus taxes the final price was 70k. 2 year lease at 15,000 miles a year came out to a little under 1,000 and that is with 3.25 APR.

The stuff you are describing happens to people every day no matter how they finance it.

You even have guys that do this for a living telling you there are good deals in leasing and yet you persist.

Buzz48317 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS AWD, 1SB, Nav, Chrome wheels and moonroof

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Let me add that I own my CTS-V because I plan on keeping it for a long time and like to mod sports cars. If either of these apply to you, leasing is a BAD idea- by the time you pay the usage fees and rental tax PLUS the insane residual at the end you've way overpayed for the car.

If you're getting a car as temporary transportation (2 to 4 years, then dump it) leasing can be very beneficial by reducing total cost over that time period, as well as allowing you to keep more money in an interest bearing account instead if tying it up in a depreciating asset. If you keep a car for a long time, like to modify it OR just simply don't know what you're doing, stay away from the leases.
    Hey Tony, with your GMAC experience can you enlighten me on the most miles per year that GM will write a lease contract for?

Quote Originally Posted by CadV View Post
    Talk about disinformation...

My STS-V was 68k GMS plus taxes the final price was 70k. 2 year lease at 15,000 miles a year came out to a little under 1,000 and that is with 3.25 APR.
    so you paid $24000 in 2 years and have nothing to show for it.
    Assuming a 65% residual, you also paid $3795 in interest to a bank.
    You could have saved $1000/month and paid 24K cash for a car had you any financial discipline. You could also have paid 10K for a used car and invested the 14K, which at 12% APR with no further contributions, would be worth 1.6M in 40 years

The stuff you are describing happens to people every day no matter how they finance it.
    YAY, you got my point. dont finance it. pay cash. then if something happens, you have an asset, not a liability you're upside down on.

You even have guys that do this for a living telling you there are good deals in leasing and yet you persist.
    once again, DUH, they do it for a LIVING. of course fleeces are the most awesome thing, they put food on their table. fleeces have the highest $ dealer profit of any sale.
    they can post the numbers and get you "whatever payment" you want, but in the end they profit, you lose, you take on $70K of risk, and have nothing to show for it but the cancelled check you write for turn in fees. have fun with your car dude

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    Nevermind.
    its ok, i quit

Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still.
    Dale Carnegie

Dr Chill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS, 03 Z06 LS2 408 track car, 07 Q7 tow vehicle

IBTL.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still.
    Dale Carnegie

Healthy discontent is the prelude to progress.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.