To V or not to V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, To V or not to V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I attended the 2008 auto show at Javits Center in NYC. The show was packed; couldn't even get to sit ...
    Kidhummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Talking To V or not to V

I attended the 2008 auto show at Javits Center in NYC. The show was packed; couldn't even get to sit in any cars and could hardly take pictures because people were in the way. To my surprise, when I got to the 2009 V exhibit, there was hardly anyone at the display. Interesting..hmmmm

Personally, I was not too crazy about the side of the V but I did like the front and back. I think it would look great in Black and in White.

P.S. The 4th car pic is my new ride lol
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: To V or not to V

Every time I see a 2008 CTS on the road, it turns my head. I must be warming up to the look (compared to the Gen 1 which I really like). The same is occurring with photos of the V2 ... I past warming up, though ... I'm positively HOT!

Nice pics.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

I'm going on tuesday, can't wait!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Ah...old hat...

j/k I don't think any V can ever get old...

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I see they still haven't moved that V badge where it belongs. I'll take mine in white diamond this time around.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Was at the show as well on Saturday. Also noticed the lack of crowds around the V2. NOT the case at the Nissan display for sure. The GT-R was MOBBED! Face it Cadillac is NOT a big draw at a car show, and a niche-market Cadillac is even lower on the interest scale of show-goers. No matter how great the car is. Hopefully, that will change over time because I'm sure the Cadillac guys would've loved to have had even a fraction of the crowds that were at the BMW display.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

sweet ride

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by dqw1 View Post
    I see they still haven't moved that V badge where it belongs.

Nothing a little fishing line and 3M tape can't fix .

I personally think the fender might be a little cluttered with both the vent AND a V Badge, but I'll definitely mock it up in Photoshop to see.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    Was at the show as well on Saturday. Also noticed the lack of crowds around the V2. NOT the case at the Nissan display for sure. The GT-R was MOBBED! Face it Cadillac is NOT a big draw at a car show, and a niche-market Cadillac is even lower on the interest scale of show-goers. No matter how great the car is. Hopefully, that will change over time because I'm sure the Cadillac guys would've loved to have had even a fraction of the crowds that were at the BMW display.
    Eh, Cadillac had some of the biggest crowds in Detroit...

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Nothing a little fishing line and 3M tape can't fix .

I personally think the fender might be a little cluttered with both the vent AND a V Badge, but I'll definitely mock it up in Photoshop to see.
    I was wondering if moving the badge would clutter the fender also. Maybe that's why it was moved to the door. But it's just a small nit, overall the car looks very smooth.

Who cares if the V has a big crowd around it or not. The expressions on other drivers faces will be priceless when they see the 09 V quickly filling up their mirror and blowing past.

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

OK, I had the opportunity to go to the NY auto show yesterday, so I guess it's my turn to post a synopsis. As my girlfriend and I casually snaked up and down the aisles, giving due diligence to every maker, we finally came upon Cadillac. Not a soul, not one, looking at the CTS-V. Great! More room for me to gawk! What can I say, it is a beautiful car. What I will say, is that if it were up to me, I would completely strip the interior, motor and drive train out of my '04, and install the guts from the '09. Now THAT would be the machine to have. Something about the aesthetics of the new V just makes it seem to portly. I don't know what it was, but I just didn't walk away with the butterflies of excitement I had when the first V was introduced. I just can't put my finger on it.

One car that deserves mentioning, the ZR-1. I never thought another car was capable of making the Z06 look so inferior. Just awesome.

And I will close on this... The Pontiac display was mobbed with show-goers lusting over the G8 GT and GXP.

Paco. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): O.G. CTS Sport/Lux, V Grilles/Bumpers, sittin on 20's

Wow! That front end is drool worthy.........

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.