Planned Production Volume
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Planned Production Volume in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Last summer, I was told that GM's Performance Build Center was asked to quote building the LSA motor. Don't believe ...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Planned Production Volume

Last summer, I was told that GM's Performance Build Center was asked to quote building the LSA motor. Don't believe they got the job, though, and for the life of me I can't recall how many per week he was asked to quote on. I do remember it worked out that V2 volume was more than double what they made for the V1.

Given the fact that they're offering the AT now, I gotta believe that 6,000-7,000 per year would be a fair guess.

Anybody hear different? (BTW, if you did, I won't disagree with you. )
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Planned Production Volume

Unless they were only building engines for the CTS-V, I can't imagine that LSA production would be double what the V1 engine was considering that engine (actually THOSE engines) was used in far more applications than just the CTS-V. I'm not aware of too many applications for the LSA yet that would suggest the need for double the production of say the LS2.

The way I took their quote, it was for the LSA motor just for the CTS-V. And, when I was referring to double the volume, I was thinking about the V1 which was around 2,500-3,800 per year (at least '04 & '05), I believe, hence my approx doubling of that.

'Course, we could have a really crappy year what with the economy, and they might not do well at all. If the car rags give it glowing reviews in a few months just prior to going on sale, that could spark even more interest. Lot of factors pushing and pulling, I guess.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Makes sense if they were talking CTS-V engines only (although I can't imagine someone being asked to quote like that). I think the addition of the automatic will help sales greatly, and like you say, IF the magazines give it good reviews, might be real good numbers.
    Unfortunately, the car's release could be a case of "bad timing" since GM is looking at a REAL BAD year for trucks and luxury cars. Couple that with the current state of the economy an the cost of oil....
    But, like I said, the pricing on the M3 could hint at how the weak dollar could save the V2. We'll see.

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Can't forget out marine friends!

Norm

Http://www.gm.com/explore/technology...LSA_Marine.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by NormV View Post
    Can't forget out marine friends!

Norm

Http://www.gm.com/explore/technology...LSA_Marine.pdf
    Then again, that brings up other applications. I'd also "assume" that there are marine applications for previous LSx engines as well. But he seems to be talking production strictly for the CTS-V.

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    ... But he seems to be talking production strictly for the CTS-V.
    Yup.

Just trying to get an idea of how many V2s they plan to produce using the LSA numbers to estimate. I'm assuming the LSA doesn't go into anything else (vehicle or boat), and I was trying to recall the volume the guy at the GMPBC mentioned to me when I was there in January. GMPBC would have just assembled the motor next to the LS7 and LS9, and GM may have been doing "what-ifs" as a means of assessing costs within the company with scant chance GMPBC would have actually gotten the job ... I dunno.

Anyway, the AT is sure to expand the appeal of this kind of car to a larger potential group of buyers. Just as we've heard in the other thread, commuting in bumper-to-bumper traffic seems to be one of the reasons for wanting the AT and those kinds of guys were not about to buy the V1 because of it. There are other reasons for wanting the AT as well including the promise that it perform a bit better.

And that's why they are talking about a coupe too. Hell, if they were smart, they'd be talking convertible too, like the competition offers.

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Not of what your looking for but I am guessing close to half V2s will go over seas to U.A.E. and the like.

Even the LS7 ended up in a Holden speciality car. So your estimate might be slighted.

I do agree that majority will be autos here in the states.

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Yup.

Just trying to get an idea of how many V2s they plan to produce using the LSA numbers to estimate. I'm assuming the LSA doesn't go into anything else (vehicle or boat), and I was trying to recall the volume the guy at the GMPBC mentioned to me when I was there in January. GMPBC would have just assembled the motor next to the LS7 and LS9, and GM may have been doing "what-ifs" as a means of assessing costs within the company with scant chance GMPBC would have actually gotten the job ... I dunno.

Anyway, the AT is sure to expand the appeal of this kind of car to a larger potential group of buyers. Just as we've heard in the other thread, commuting in bumper-to-bumper traffic seems to be one of the reasons for wanting the AT and those kinds of guys were not about to buy the V1 because of it. There are other reasons for wanting the AT as well including the promise that it perform a bit better.

They even offer the CTS line over there? Most export countries I've seen only offer the BLS and STS lines.
    EDIT: Yep, they do. Just checked it.

dwight.j.carter is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS

I bet they put the lsa in the SS Camaro also.

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    ... talking convertible too ...
    I was thinking the same thing earlier today.

Wonder if the platform has that capability without a huge effort.

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Not to mention crate and replacement motors.

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too).

4100 is my guess. Anyone know how to find the date that they hit the assembly line?

v84life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver

What they should do is freshin up the XLR-V and through it in that for 09 as well.... Now that would bring some buzz for Cadillac.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.